Turn on thread page Beta

parmistry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    do u beileve that it's possible 2 tel anything about a person by the lines on there hand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    do u beileve that it's possible 2 tel anything about a person by the lines on there hand
    (quick sp - its palmistry btw)

Anyhoo, I've never been one for these psychic type practises. I'm sure that in olden days you could tell a lot more - i mean, people who worked (as oposed to the upper classes who didn't) would have linier and more worn hands, therefore meaning you could guess their profession and therefore infer their lives/personality through that. But nowadays I just think it's silly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    (quick sp - its palmistry btw)

Anyhoo, I've never been one for these psychic type practises. I'm sure that in olden days you could tell a lot more - i mean, people who worked (as oposed to the upper classes who didn't) would have linier and more worn hands, therefore meaning you could guess their profession and therefore infer their lives/personality through that. But nowadays I just think it's silly!
    i hav my douts about it, but lik most thinks there could b some truth in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    exceedingly doubtful. some ancient civilisation may have made some connection between genetic inheritance affecting the lines on your hand differently depending on your inherited temprement or something, but i definitely dont think its an effective method of 'reading' things about a person. i apologise for the poor biology lingo.

ReputationRep:
    there r some things though that a persons hands can tel u, lik if they bite there finger nail or what type of job they may have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    there r some things though that a persons hands can tel u, lik if they bite there finger nail or what type of job they may have
    yes ok, but thats a little like saying you can tell what colour hair dye a person uses by looking at their hair, i thought you meant about their lives as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    yes ok, but thats a little like saying you can tell what colour hair dye a person uses by looking at their hair, i thought you meant about their lives as a whole.
    i did but i just through i make that point any way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)

No, not in a new age/spiritual sense. However I can see one positive thing in reading palms, the tarot etc - if you have a decision to make, looking for an answer in the cards or whatever could be a useful tool in recognising your true feelings on the subject. Obviously whatever answer you "read" doesn't come from a higher force, but from your own interpretation. Was that at all clear or am I rambling incoherently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BettyOblivious)
    No, not in a new age/spiritual sense. However I can see one positive thing in reading palms, the tarot etc - if you have a decision to make, looking for an answer in the cards or whatever could be a useful tool in recognising your true feelings on the subject. Obviously whatever answer you "read" doesn't come from a higher force, but from your own interpretation. Was that at all clear or am I rambling incoherently?
    wel i understand what u ment and i have 2 say i pritty much agree

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.