The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

parmistry

do u beileve that it's possible 2 tel anything about a person by the lines on there hand
Reply 1
tonka
do u beileve that it's possible 2 tel anything about a person by the lines on there hand

(quick sp - its palmistry btw)

Anyhoo, I've never been one for these psychic type practises. I'm sure that in olden days you could tell a lot more - i mean, people who worked (as oposed to the upper classes who didn't) would have linier and more worn hands, therefore meaning you could guess their profession and therefore infer their lives/personality through that. But nowadays I just think it's silly!
Reply 2
rednirt
(quick sp - its palmistry btw)

Anyhoo, I've never been one for these psychic type practises. I'm sure that in olden days you could tell a lot more - i mean, people who worked (as oposed to the upper classes who didn't) would have linier and more worn hands, therefore meaning you could guess their profession and therefore infer their lives/personality through that. But nowadays I just think it's silly!
i hav my douts about it, but lik most thinks there could b some truth in it
Reply 3
tonka

exceedingly doubtful. some ancient civilisation may have made some connection between genetic inheritance affecting the lines on your hand differently depending on your inherited temprement or something, but i definitely dont think its an effective method of 'reading' things about a person. i apologise for the poor biology lingo.
Reply 4
there r some things though that a persons hands can tel u, lik if they bite there finger nail or what type of job they may have
Reply 5
tonka
there r some things though that a persons hands can tel u, lik if they bite there finger nail or what type of job they may have

yes ok, but thats a little like saying you can tell what colour hair dye a person uses by looking at their hair, i thought you meant about their lives as a whole.
Reply 6
'
{ingnik']yes ok, but thats a little like saying you can tell what colour hair dye a person uses by looking at their hair, i thought you meant about their lives as a whole.
i did but i just through i make that point any way
tonka

No, not in a new age/spiritual sense. However I can see one positive thing in reading palms, the tarot etc - if you have a decision to make, looking for an answer in the cards or whatever could be a useful tool in recognising your true feelings on the subject. Obviously whatever answer you "read" doesn't come from a higher force, but from your own interpretation. Was that at all clear or am I rambling incoherently?
Reply 8
BettyOblivious
No, not in a new age/spiritual sense. However I can see one positive thing in reading palms, the tarot etc - if you have a decision to make, looking for an answer in the cards or whatever could be a useful tool in recognising your true feelings on the subject. Obviously whatever answer you "read" doesn't come from a higher force, but from your own interpretation. Was that at all clear or am I rambling incoherently?
wel i understand what u ment and i have 2 say i pritty much agree

Latest

Trending

Trending