The Student Room Group

Do girls grow up thinking hitting men is OK?

Scroll to see replies

Men are bigger, physically stronger and should just act differently to women

If you don't like it, get a sex-change or piss off and live in a cave.
Original post by whatsaapppp
You continue to prove me right :wink:

I'd love to believe your lies, trust me

You're not representing your gender very well, but hey, I'm not the one defining people's personalities by their gender.
Original post by TheCynicalChild
You're not representing your gender very well, but hey, I'm not the one defining people's personalities by their gender.

lolwut, I'm not here to represent my gender! hahaha
You continue to prove me right :wink:

I'd love to believe your lies, trust me

My lies? You're basically saying 50% of the worlds population so 3.5 billion people are violent, pampered children, do you realise how ridiculous you sound?
lolwut, I'm not here to represent my gender! hahaha

Ever heard of sarcasm.
Original post by yo radical one
Men are bigger, physically stronger and should just act differently to women

If you don't like it, get a sex-change or piss off and live in a cave.

My word you do love you stereotypes dont you?
Dont tell that to female police, firefighters or soldiers
So if a 5'10" well built woman starts swinging at a slightly built5'6"" bloke can he hit her back or has he got to man upand just take it.
Violence is not okay, for anyone. This is what I've been brought up to believe, and it's right. Your sex/gender makes no difference, it is not okay to resort to violence over any issue.
If you're angry, then you have an argument. It doesn't matter how angry you are, making things physical is never acceptable.

Unfortunately I have been victim to domestic abuse, and I know that it would have been just as wrong if I had been the one abusing the man. It goes both ways, and most people know this.
Reply 27
I knew one girl in school at least who thought this way. She'd kick you in the shins.
Original post by TheCynicalChild
Ever heard of sarcasm.

Let's stay on topic.
Original post by vickidc18
My lies? You're basically saying 50% of the worlds population so 3.5 billion people are violent, pampered children, do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

Can you stop lying please?
Let's stay on topic.

Can you stop lying please?

Can you stop posting please if you don't have anything respectable to say.
Original post by caravaggio2
So if a 5'10" well built woman starts swinging at a slightly built5'6"" bloke can he hit her back or has he got to man upand just take it.

I think all violence is wrong To me i dont base it on gender mostly but more relative size like if a little tiny 4'11 woman slaps (she cant reach his face anyway) a huge 6 foot 5 strapping man he could easily floor her, but him punching her full on would probably break her face agree some women are built massively, like tall & large woman hitting a small skinny bloke is likely to cause them damage, it's more like bullying some women ( a really small amount) do hit men cause they think they can get away with it,

I support gay rights and votes for women, so I am far from some unrefined blokish man who drinks strongbow and reads The Sun, but you must be blind if you think that men and women are the same.

Women should not be allowed anywhere near a front line unless there are literally not enough man to defend a country after conscription has been implemented

Police officers are fine as men are apparently less likely to be aggressive towards women, so it could actually work in their favor

Firefighters, preferably not, you do need to be strong enough to hold another person over your head and move quickly with them in conditions where there is little oxygen...

Er yes

He needs to hit the gym if he has that problem.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by vickidc18

Soudns right to me.
Original post by obidobi

Women are already more controlling and aggressive than men in relationships

Since when? :rolleyes:
Yes, women who think it's acceptable to hit men need to expect to be hit back with reasonable force.
Reply 35
Original post by Emaemmaemily
Violence is not okay, for anyone. This is what I've been brought up to believe, and it's right. Your sex/gender makes no difference, it is not okay to resort to violence over any issue.
If you're angry, then you have an argument. It doesn't matter how angry you are, making things physical is never acceptable.

Unfortunately I have been victim to domestic abuse, and I know that it would have been just as wrong if I had been the one abusing the man. It goes both ways, and most people know this.

But violence against men is incredibly trivialized in our world. When a woman is shown being beaten, raped or killed in a movie it is (almost) never presented in a funny way. Think of how many times have you seen a woman get her brains blown out or suffer horrific violence in movies? Almost never, it's always sugar coated or simply not shown. Same thing about the ''verbal violence'' I mentioned earlier, women are allowed to get away with so much more not just by social norms but also criminal courts (you have to do something horrific to be convicted and get a serious sentence as a woman and even then you have a shot at a slap on the wrist). Not to mention is it a much more serious ''crime'' to insult a woman (that's why most offensive words are associated with the female sex organs).

Your example is that of an individual, what I am talking about is society as a whole. If girls think they are some kind of superior, untouchable ''race'' and can get away with just about anything (including hitting men) then they'll behave the same way when they grow up and the feeling of entitlement will never go away. And it does start very early in life. The whole modern western concept of man = bad woman = good has to stop at some point.
Original post by obidobi
But violence against men is incredibly trivialized in our world. When a woman is shown being beaten, raped or killed in a movie it is (almost) never presented in a funny way. Think of how many times have you seen a woman get her brains blown out or suffer horrific violence in movies? Almost never, it's always sugar coated or simply not shown. Same thing about the ''verbal violence'' I mentioned earlier, women are allowed to get away with so much more not just by social norms but also criminal courts (you have to do something horrific to be convicted and get a serious sentence as a woman and even then you have a shot at a slap on the wrist). Not to mention is it a much more serious ''crime'' to insult a woman (that's why most offensive words are associated with the female sex organs).

Your example is that of an individual, what I am talking about is society as a whole. If girls think they are some kind of superior, untouchable ''race'' and can get away with just about anything (including hitting men) then they'll behave the same way when they grow up and the feeling of entitlement will never go away. And it does start very early in life. The whole modern western concept of man = bad woman = good has to stop at some point.

Feminist and mangina brainwash of the western world.

*sigh*
"Boys are stupid ....throw rocks at them"

Tshirts for girls avaliable from age 2 upwards on amazon.
Along with mugs pens keyfobs etc.
Says it all really.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by obidobi

It seems like you're arguing with me, when we are in agreement.

Yes, there are some people in society who think that it's okay for women to hit men. I think this largely stems from the older view that men had that women are weaker than men. It used to be completely okay to hit your wife, or beat her, if she was being disobedient. A woman wouldn't dare do the same thing, and if she did she would probably get her arse kicked.
Slowly it stopped being okay to hit women, but men still had this sense that women are weaker and therefore should be protected (and can't protect themselves). Society has gradually gone through transformations, where women have stood up for their rights, and tried to prove that they aren't weak and can look after themselves, etc.

This has resulted in a period in time where it was okay for women to hit men. A lot of men thought it wasn't a big deal, because they were weaker, and a lot of women felt the need to prove themselves as not weak, etc. It was the view of society, not just of women.

Things are changing, and yes of course it is wrong for anyone to hit anyone else (as I said in my original post). We are all starting to question this belief that women can hit men and it doesn't matter, and most people are coming to the conclusion that it is not okay.
It takes time for society to change properly though, so we are just in the transition stage. It certainly needs to be discussed in schools more, as the discussion of domestic violence should be focused on the wrong doings of both genders.

The OP asked if women are brought up believing hitting men is okay, and I answered for myself (because I can't speak for all other women). I think it seems to be very split, meaning things are gradually shifting now. More education is needed to stop young girls thinking it is okay.
"Boys are stupid ....throw rocks at them"

Tshirts for girls avaliable from age 2 upwards on amazon.
Along with mugs pens keyfobs etc.
Says it all really.

If you are threatened by a book title, then really, hand your man card in and wear a dress

You make me feel ashamed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending