The Student Room Group

Criming while white- thoughts?

There is a twitter trend #crimingwhilewhite, where white people list experiences where they have gotten away with crimes, and they think it's down to their skin colour.

Without trying to get into any wider racial issues, do you feel your race effects how the police treat you personally? I've only really lived in mainly white places, so I can't really judge.
Original post by Mankytoes
There is a twitter trend #crimingwhilewhite, where white people list experiences where they have gotten away with crimes, and they think it's down to their skin colour.

Without trying to get into any wider racial issues, do you feel your race effects how the police treat you personally? I've only really lived in mainly white places, so I can't really judge.

Yes.

I raped 1400 girls and nearly got away with it.

It was all over my TL yesterday. I think some of the points are true,white people seem to have it easier when it comes to commiting crimes than say people of colour/ethnic minorities especially in America. There has however,been resentment towards white people on Twitter since the whole Mike brown/Darren Wilson case and the Eric garner case,some people have used it as a platform to voice their racist opinions against whites
Reply 3
Original post by democracyforum
Yes.

I raped 1400 girls and nearly got away with it.

Yeah, I kinda thought I was being a bit hopeful in expecting this to stay on topic.

To give an example, three of my (white) friends were doing coke off a bin in a park in London late at night (classy, I know). The police saw them, they got a light search and told to go on their way. My first reaction at hearing this was "makes you glad you aren't black", which was half joking, but hearing this made me think. But then my friends are like professionals- they probably would have been treated differently if they'd been in tracksuits. Maybe it's more class than race, but I guess that's the difference between Britain and America historically.
Did I ever tell you that story, the one where I was a bbc tv presenter, raped child cancer victims and even dead bodies for over 30 years , I even groped some on live television, and the police covered up for me .

lucky me
Yeah, because the hipster liberals that do this just get their rich daddies to bribe or use their influence to get them off the hook. I've seen it in the movies!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
I think the race issue in the US is a lot worse compared to the UK. On top of that it looks like the police over there have the mentality of they are above the law. I come from a very mixed area and I've heard from a few friends that they've had some trouble with the police but it wasn't regularly and does not look as bad as what black people have experienced in the US. Although I live in a racially mixed area with more crime and I am black, I personally haven't been involved with the police so I can't say how they have treated me.
yep... if Jack the Ripper had been a person of color he would never have got away with it.

I have to say I have seen things white people get away with that black people could not, from breaking into there own homes and cars and having police or passers-by HELP THEM get inside and never question whether the vehicle or car is theirs.

From the way they can grope women in clubs, bars when I know if that was me, the women would call for security in a second.

I can remember a white guy from uni told me a story that he was driving a rental car over the speed limit. There was 3 ppl in his car (All white) The car had a fair supply of drugs in there, weed, an 8-ball of cocaine, twenty tabs of ecstasy and about a dozen hits of acid.

When the Police officer came to their window he asked for his license but he could not find it, no matter how hard my white friend searched. So the officer suggested he come back to his car to look for it, where the light was better. He still could not find it.

So incredibly the Police man got a fake licence (fake identification) he took it and handed it to him. He wrote down the information, called in the number, wrote him a ticket and sent my white guy friend on his way.

The Policeman didn’t know that my white friend was carrying a phony identification, itself a crime. He did not check that in the car at that very moment were (As I say) at least an ounce of weed, another several dozen tabs of ecstasy and a few sheets of acid.

Enough to send them away for several years. But he did not search the car.

Had he been black breaking the speed limit with a car full of other blacks. I cannot imagine things would have ended up with a £75 speeding ticket and a tip to drive carefully.

That, for those who have a hard time with the concept, is white privilege.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending