The Student Room Group

What makes a man Attractive/Masculine in the eyes of women today?

Could do with a heads up from ladys as to what they find appealing in personality and looks.

I always imagine the things which women find attractive are:

1 Height -
2 Tan -
3 Muscluar -
4 Domineering personality -
5 Sense of Humour -
6 Plays Sports -
7 Wears a Suit to work -
Wants gender equality. Respects women.
Reply 2
Women want a guy who lives in the moment, passionately, who is comfortable with himself and does what he feels like doing all the time. Who is in touch with himself and her. This is why they like musicians, artists, guys who can dance, guys they say are "spontaneous", guys who are passionate about a hobby...etc. It's not confidence and masculinity per se that they are attracted to, but it's the fact that to be this requires inner self confidence, and men who are this act masculine because it's a more natural way of acting for most.

Everything else is secondary to this. To be this requires that you stop caring about what women (or anyone) thinks about you.
Original post by Catholic_
Could do with a heads up from ladys as to what they find appealing in personality and looks.

1 Height -
2 Tan -
3 Muscluar -
5 Sense of Humour -
6 Plays Sports -
7 Wears a Suit to work -

definitely intelligence and a sense of humour

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Being kind, caring about others, caring about gender equality, not being a jerk, not being 'domineering' (as you say -- ugh)...

Spelling skills are positive, too.
Introversion and intelligence.
Reply 6
Big ****
Original post by Shadoo
Big ****

Wrong!
Original post by Viceroy
Being kind, caring about others, caring about gender equality, not being a jerk, not being 'domineering' (as you say -- ugh)...

Spelling skills are positive, too.

Amen to that 😌
Reply 9
Original post by queen-bee
Wrong!

It's right fosure all the ladies seem to flock on my big ****.

1 Height - ​Considering my very small stature it's highly unlikely his height will affect my attraction to him.
2 Tan - I generally don't like tans (though mainly on women) though I wouldn't rule someone out if they had one.
3 Muscluar - Eh it would be nice but I've dated non muscular men, it's really not a deciding factor.
4 Domineering personality -Not entiterely sure what you mean exactly by this. But I like a man who knows what he wants in life and who expects respect from people (when warranted)
5 Sense of Humour Very important
6 Plays Sports couldn't care less
7 Wears a Suit to work -Not at all a deciding factor

The number one main deciding factor for me is personality, though of course I do need to have at least some attraction to the man. But considering the wide range of men I have been attracted to I have no type and so can give no defining physical features a man should have in order for me to be physically attracted to him.

1 Height - considering I'm rather tall for a female, I would find a guy taller than me more attractive than someone shorter.

2 Tan - doesn't bother me at all

3 Muscluar - It's a benefit, but not a necessity

4 Domineering personality - Not attractive
(although it depends what you mean by this. Being overly loud, cocky and with a massive ego= big turn off. But having ambitions, his own opinions and not being a pushover = attractive.)

5 Sense of Humour - Extremely attractive

6 Plays Sports - I don't mind that much, although someone who keeps fit would be nice.

7 Wears a Suit to work - ...suits are very attractive

I would replace 2, 3, 4 and 5 with: Good hair, enough intelligence to have a decent conversation and generally being a fun person to be around.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JohnRR3
Women want a guy who lives in the moment, passionately, who is comfortable with himself and does what he feels like doing all the time. Who is in touch with himself and her. This is why they like musicians, artists, guys who can dance, guys they say are "spontaneous", guys who are passionate about a hobby...etc. It's not confidence and masculinity per se that they are attracted to, but it's the fact that to be this requires inner self confidence, and men who are this act masculine because it's a more natural way of acting for most.

Everything else is secondary to this. To be this requires that you stop caring about what women (or anyone) thinks about you.

can confirm ex loved me in 2008 when I was frontman for school band and daily lifter, now gone off me/pity-friendship since I became depressed c. late 2010. Ex dated me late 2012-early 2014 during depression, whole time could see she wanted old Alpha me to come back. Got one-upped in my eyes by a guy friend. She denies and we broke up for other reasons, I don't think she cheated or even started dating him, but I do think she found him more attractive in the end
(edited 9 years ago)

1 Height -
2 Tan -
3 Muscluar -
5 Sense of Humour -
6 Plays Sports -
7 Wears a Suit to work -

1-At least 5'8 or SMV decreases
2-Tan less necessary outside of club/PUA scene or America
3-Always a bonus, but insecurity/obsession about physique is a turn-off I found out
4-Replace with 'assertive, ambitious, confident'
5-Must, women hate whiney bitches (sorry depressed/anxious men, red pill hurts yo)
6-I.e. must look like he lifts, but does not solely lift :tongue: also MUST sense natural masculine vibe. Bonus points for being team captain (dat social proof)
7-Yes-panders to 4
(edited 9 years ago)
All thats needed is Money :u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending