The Student Room Group

Do you want to marry a feminist (male / female)?

Poll

Do you want to marry a feminist?

Well? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MarriageSucks
Well? :confused:

If she yells at me about having equal rights all the time then probably not

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't want to het married but if I did it certainly wouldn't be to a women who didn't believe in equal rights for women and men.
Of course, I wouldn't even consider dating somebody who wasn't.
I wouldn't date or marry someone who wasn't one

Posted from TSR Mobile
No way. NO WAY.
I don't see much point in marriage... But if I did marry someone I would definitely prefer to marry a feminist... Also, what about homosexual marriages?
Even if she was a millionaire, I wouldn't consider it. Too high a likelihood of me strangling her to death and I don't want to go to jail
I'm a female and I would consider marrying a male 'feminist' but only if I thought he genuinely cared about women's issues and wasn't just saying he was a feminist to get female attention
Well, I'm female and I want to marry a female feminist.

I wouldn't date someone who doesn't believe in equal opportunities.
Original post by battycatlady
Well, I'm female and I want to marry a female feminist.

I wouldn't date someone who doesn't believe in equal opportunities.

Feminazis only do womens rights, not equal.
Could you add an "I don't care" option; I don't mean that in a way to take the piss out of your thread. I just don't care whether my hypothetical husband is a feminist or not. It's kind of irrelevant to me.
Original post by College_Dropout
Feminazis only do womens rights, not equal.

Yeah, hence why I said I'd marry a feminist, not feminazi, which, in spite of media representation, is supposed to be about equal opportunities for women AND men AND anyone who falls outside of the gender binary.

The patriarchy affects everyone.
I would marry an egalitarian, not someone who believed in the twisted modern day feminism.
Of course I do- why would I spend the rest of my life with someone who believed that women and men shouldn't be treated equally?
Yeah, hence why I said I'd marry a feminist, not feminazi, which, in spite of media representation, is supposed to be about equal opportunities for women AND men AND anyone who falls outside of the gender binary.

What you're describing is an egalitarian not a feminist. Feminist only focusses on women's rights.
No because I don't agree with feminism.
I agree with equality.

(I am female.)
It is. A lot of those insults are essentially gender problems.

Things like 'stop being such a girl' and 'grow a pair' are used as insults and are basically saying it's a bad thing to have what are typically perceived as feminine traits, which is not only insulting to anyone identifying as female, but is also damaging to men as it puts pressures on them that shouldn't be there and perpetuates the patriarchy.

Of course yes, it is also abusive, but it also relates to feminism :smile:

Sorry, I phrased my answer badly, I should have been more clear, it's something that feminism seeks to tackle, and not something a proper feminist would say to someone.

I don't see the need for 'equalism' or whatever it is, feminism tackles the inequality issues on both sides

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

That is what it is supposed to be in your eyes, the reality is very different. Feminism is about womens rights to gain equality, not mens or anyone else's rights to gain equality.
Define Feminist otherwise I cannot answer. And yes, there really should be an I don't care option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending