The Student Room Group

Do you want to marry a feminist (male / female)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by College_Dropout
That is what it is supposed to be in your eyes, the reality is very different. Feminism is about womens rights to gain equality, not mens or anyone else's rights to gain equality.

Isn't that a bit like saying that somebody supporting LGBT rights means they can't support the rights of straight cisgendered people?
I am a female, and yes I would definitely want to marry a feminist, as it is someone who believes in equality between men and women. I would not want to marry somebody who isn't a feminist and so thinks he's better than me because of his gender and will treat me differently because of his belief.
She's having a job. Which in my book means she agees with at the least the basic tenets of feminism. So yes.

And before anyone suggests I can't afford to support someone, yes I can, I just don't want to.
Seriously, if my girlfriend/wife ever mentioned the terms patriarchy or rape culture in conversation, it would take the willpower of 100000 buddhist monks to stop myself from knocking her bottom jaw clean off its hinges
Original post by bertstare
Seriously, if my girlfriend/wife ever mentioned the terms patriarchy or rape culture in conversation, it would take the willpower of 100000 buddhist monks to stop myself from knocking her bottom jaw clean off its hinges

Ideally no woman would end up married to someone as violent as you then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Socktor
Isn't that a bit like saying that somebody supporting LGBT rights means they can't support the rights of straight cisgendered people?

No, I didnt say you cant support both. Somebody can support black rights, doesnt mean they cant support black rights also. But why would you support black rights and white rights when you can support human rights?
Personally, it wouldn't be criteria that would make me decide anything about marriage hahaha. I don't know what normal person would honestly let this be a deciding factor. If the person was anti-equal rights then I wouldn't date them anyway, let alone marry them. People need to actually realise what it means to be a feminist... without paying attention to the modern-day perception because quite frankly, it doesn't matter how feminists are perceived now, that perception has been totally influenced by fundamental feminists who are anti-men and all that jazz.

I'll love who I love and if that person is a feminist, great. I won't be marrying a woman anyway so if they were, it probably wouldn't even be mentioned haha.
Original post by College_Dropout
No, I didnt say you cant support both. Somebody can support black rights, doesnt mean they cant support black rights also. But why would you support black rights and white rights when you can support human rights?

While people already have rights.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you clearly don't merit a relationship of any kind then if you're:

1. That violent.
2. That insecure and inconsiderate about matters close and relevant to your other half.
I'd want to marry someone who believes in equal rights for men and women, but not "a feminist".

And may I ask why you would do this?
Reply 31
I wouldn't marry a feminist I would marry a girl who isn't brainwashed by that nonsense.
Original post by al_94
I wouldn't marry a feminist I would marry a girl who isn't brainwashed by that nonsense.

I'd like the male to be obviously respectful to women however not a full feminist

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sweetiebabe
And may I ask why you would do this?

Because with those words you instantly know she is a stupid, illogical, emotional, insufferable **** and that kind of thing rustles the jimmies
Original post by al_94

So you don't believe in equal rights for women?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because with those words you instantly know she is a stupid, illogical, emotional, insufferable **** and that kind of thing rustles the jimmies

So I'm guessing from this that you think rape and patriarchy is acceptable?
Reply 36
No feminists for moi :smile: [not the tsr version anyway]
Original post by Chief Wiggum
I'd want to marry someone who believes in equal rights for men and women, but not "a feminist".

But that is exactly what a real feminist is. This is pretty annoying, people cannot tell the difference between extremism and the real thing. People always say that feminists are misandrists or whatever but they're not. Misandrists are misandrists. Feminists are feminists and never shall the two meet.

It's like when people say the Taliban are the true muslims, well no, they're not, they're extremists who overlook half of their own religious texts.
Original post by Sweetiebabe
So I'm guessing from this that you think rape and patriarchy is acceptable?

I don't think that anyone with low enough intelligence to believe we live in a patriarchy or a rape culture should really voice their opinion on anything whatsoever really
Reply 39
Original post by _Charlotte15
So you don't believe in equal rights for women?

What do you mean by equal rights? In what sense?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending