The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Men want virgins to marry. Let me explain please.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonkuta
If the western mentality is so forward then why are men in U.K. having sex with dead deers and dogs....Why are divorce rates so high if people fall in love? Why are girls treated as sex toys? Why are people still having sex with animals? Holy ****! Don't teach us what to do, brah.
We all know how faithful westerners are...

Girls in the U.K are grown just to become a **** or a *****. LOL. Girls lose their virginity at the age of 13 or 14. Funny how they try to protect their lame culture. Half of their children are grown up by one parent, I guess. In Sri Lanka husband is cheater? HAHAHAHAHAHAH! We don't atsk random girls for sex...

And btw, they don't value it that's why divorce rates are high. In U.K, so many married women have been caught having sex with neighbors and some other people. Do you like it? Should we become like that? If yes, then I'm ready, because I'm not an ugly *** person that can't get laid. I'm just holding it for the special one.
And of course virginity is important to me, I'm a virgin myself. I would love to share it with some girl that actually deserves it. There's a difference between love and lust. Please learn it. Being a guy myself, I would feel guilty if I slept with a girl before marriage. Westerners have a lot to learn from us.

:clap2::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::yy::yy::yy:

AGREE.

Though I'm a european so I'm kinda so I'm a bit angry too - I don't need to learn anything about being faithful and saving myself, I already made those choices.
Eh, you were bitching about the UK so I'll let that pass... just know that not everyone is like that :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ekemini
To answer your questions personally i think the western culture where people are getting used to the fact that 13 and 14 year olds are having sex is wrong
A girl should wait(especially If she is religious) until marriage as well as boys. That is how God said it should be.
Sex is a big thing and should not be done outside marriage. The views expressed by Nigerians are based on religion.

You're not answering his points, you're just repeating what you've already said without providing any justification for it, except "religion", which in itself means nothing (especially as there are plenty of people who consider themselves followers of a religion, yet still have sex before they get married).

And how does waiting till wedding night ruin the wedding day? First encounters may be painful and awkward but I dont think it should affect anything else unless you make it so.

He didn't say it would necessarily ruin it for everyone, just that in his personal experience, it would have done.

It does, however, have a significant potential to ruin a wedding day; I'm not going to say it's usual, but it's quite normal for first-time sex to be painful and unenjoyable (well, it's unlikely to be physically painful for heterosexual guys, but you get the point).
Reply 382
Original post by Emaemmaemily
It is a hypocritical and sexist ideal. There is no logical reason for women to be scorned for sleeping around, but men to be praised. Either you think saving yourself until marriage is good, or not, for BOTH sexes.

Also, if men sleeping around is praised... How can he do that unless there are women sleeping around too? Unless he is sleeping with other men? Men can't get good reputations for sleeping around without there being women who are okay with it too... So it is impossible for everyone to be in the right with these backwards ideals.

I was thinking this too, which women would the men sleep with? I think it should apply to both sexes, unfortunately these are the double standards in society.
Original post by Mick.w
girls and guys are tools for each other.
the guy needs the girl and the girl needs the guy.
we look for certain things in each other.
but girls and guys have their reputations.
guys need a reputation of being immovable whilst providing.
girls need a reputation of being loyal and diplomatic

men are natural hunters. they hunt for women.
this is a narrative that exists across pretty much every culture.

women that are caught by every man are "easy".
men that catch many women are great hunters

you will notice if a guy does not find a girl attractive his opinion will not change just because he finds out she's desired by many men.
however you will commonly find that girls will change from not liking a guy to finding him attractive simply because lots of other girls do.

But here's a quote regarding a social study at washington state university from this article

"Findings from this study indicated a clear difference in aggressive responses between the genders, with women overwhelmingly compelled to retaliate by attacking the offender’s reputation, mostly through gossip. This gender effect panned out even after controlling for participants’ evaluation of the social appropriateness of such acts. In other words, in spite of the fact that the women realized malicious gossip wasn’t socially appropriate, this was nevertheless their preferred first point of attack. Men, on the other hand, were more evenly divided in their response, but failed to show the same preferential bias for acts of “informational warfare” against the unlikable classmate."

the key here is reputation. its a big deal to everyone. but girls first point of attack is always reputation.

then women are basically currency. women were often "stolen". from the times of hunter gatherers to modern day rap with rappers saying "it's mr. steal your girl".

both men and women are aware of womens sexual "worth". women get paid for sex, for naked photos and even essentially get paid for their company in the form of dates. the more sex a women has the more worthless she is sexually. its about exclusivity. the most expensive and exclusive clubs reject the most people. so the the girl of the most worth is the girl who is the most exclusive.

women are the also foundation of the family unit. men are the builders upon that foundation.

a women whos got a clean fresh untouched foundation is the best choice to build upon.

a girl with a messy cluttered long use of questionable history is not.

would you rather have a second hand car or a brand new one?

a women who has changed her mind on men or not vetted men well or not been concerned about the men they have sex with is essentially an unstable foundation to build your future on.

a man can cheat and the family won't fall apart.
if a women cheats the family will fall apart.

so you need to pick your foundation well or else your whole family will crumble and you'll be another one of those single parent families that left wingers argue are not disadvantaged and what not.

so in the mix you have women being the foundation of the family. the reputation of a women makes or breaks them, even other women no this, sexual promiscuity is a bad thing for everyone but more so women, women are the sought after product they are the currency men are the buyers, women are the prize men are the hunter, women's "easyness" lowers their romantic worth".

so due to all of this. its bad to not be a virgin.

but the problem is women are obsessed with sex. like men's thing is violence. girls thing is sex.

so even girls from cultures where virginity before marriage is a big deal. girls find ways, they have oral sex and anal. so its even more sexually explicit.

you see the women in the OP's story. the men were laughing about her because they all new she wasn't worth marrying. the man who has married her is a joke. because he married a women that all those men new was a low quality choice. just as we would laugh at someone who thinks mcdonalds is gormet.

their children will go to school and maybe be at school with the kids of some of these men that had already sexually HAD their mother. so the men that slept with the kids mother thought "no i want a child with someone better" they will see that child and smirk.

that man will always be able to get into the head of her husband. he could just say how much she loved it or what kinda stuff she was into and what she did for him and how filthy she was. he could say all of that to just screw with the guys head.

its a poor position to be in. a bad and disadvantaged position to be in.

its also not fair. but its life. in the world with the genders we are born with we have our responsibilities.
the family men are the government and men are the industry. so men must build and fight. and women must maintain dignity and diplomacy and harmony.

Wow very wise words,I won't be surprised to discover that you are a mature one.Well say:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 384
Original post by MissLalaxx
Errmmm....mate you've put this on the wrong type of forum. Majority will disagree with you on here. Try nairaland instead.

Virgins>Non virgins
Reply 385
Original post by anarchism101
You're not answering his points, you're just repeating what you've already said without providing any justification for it, except "religion", which in itself means nothing (especially as there are plenty of people who consider themselves followers of a religion, yet still have sex before they get married).

He didn't say it would necessarily ruin it for everyone, just that in his personal experience, it would have done.

It does, however, have a significant potential to ruin a wedding day; I'm not going to say it's usual, but it's quite normal for first-time sex to be painful and unenjoyable (well, it's unlikely to be physically painful for heterosexual guys, but you get the point).

I can't really answer his questions. Its what I observed from the culture I live in. I cant exactly delve into their brains to figure out why they have these beliefs. As for the question for me, to me it is not my business who anyone sleeps with and it shouldnt be anyone else's either.
Original post by rhstar
I was thinking this too, which women would the men sleep with? I think it should apply to both sexes, unfortunately these are the double standards in society.

Yes.
I'm not saying that virginity isn't a good thing. It is everyone's personal decision, and for some people it will be a good one. But clearly it is hypocritical for praising men for sleeping around, when they couldn't possibly achieve that without some women sleeping around too.
It's not just men. I would prefer to seriously date a Virgin and I'm not even a Virgin myself. I would rather that the person I married and loved hasn't had sez with anyone else. The thought of them having sex with someone else is horrible
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ekemini
At a friend’swedding after the ceremony a couple of men stood and started talking about thebride. What were they saying? Well they were talking about how they each had had a piece of the girl. They were boasting and bragging. She wasn’t a virginand all those men had slept with her. I can’t really remember if the groom overheardthem but my dad asks that why would a girl want that kind of a reputation? Why couldn’tshe just wait? Why is she such in a hurry? It’s a thing of pride if a father cangive off his daughter as a virgin. It shows that the girl was brought up rightand society would respect those parents.

This happens in like every culture, every country. And ****'s sake, is your space bar broken?
Original post by murielle
Wow very wise words,I won't be surprised to discover that you are a mature one.Well say:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rolleyes: That man is full of surprises. Take my word for it.
Reply 390
Original post by pocahontas lol
This happens in like every culture, every country. And ****'s sake, is your space bar broken?

I am sorry if I offended you because I didn't put spaces between words. Forgive me. Most people who have commented on this do not know it happens in every culture. They are just seeing this kind of thing for the first time
Original post by Ekemini
I am sorry if I offended you because I didn't put spaces between words. Forgive me. Most people who have commented on this do not know it happens in every culture. They are just seeing this kind of thing for the first time

You didn't offend me. You annoyed me greatly is all.
And I don't know anyone who isn't aware of there being sluts in their community, culture or country.

But ok.
Reply 392
Original post by pocahontas lol
You didn't offend me. You annoyed me greatly is all.
And I don't know anyone who isn't aware of there being sluts in their community, culture or country.

But ok.

Have you read the comments before. I think you should
Original post by Ekemini
Have you read the comments before. I think you should

20 pages. **** that for a good time. I am commenting on your OP, which was written before the other comments.

I am letting you know that in your OP, it is not exclusive to your culture. And I definitely know Nigerians who aren't married to virgins. Your culture isn't the only culture that appreciates virgins and condemns sluts at weddings. :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm in a similar situation tbh.

I'm Brit Asian, so I guess I have always had a sort of inner conflict between both my identities. I would say I am independent thinker- I hate when others believe they have the right to enforce their rules upon me.

I don't believe women should have to stay virgins until marriage. It should be THEIR choice. It's their life, NOT the man's.

Having said that, I have to stay virgin until I get married. The only reason I stick to this stupid af societal rule is because even though I think it's complete BS, I could never hurt my parents like that- it would literally kill them if they were to ever come to know that I had done that.

I'm not saying that they are completely backwards or anything (both support me moving out, are even paying fr my Uni tuition fees, are cool with me doing whatever course I want at Uni, and support my desire to get a place on Forbes Rich List :wink:), but in regards to guys? ...yeah, my dad is overprotective enough as it is.

Sad times.
Original post by misha_k

I don't believe women should have to stay virgins until marriage. It should be THEIR choice. It's their life, NOT the man's.

Having said that, I have to stay virgin until I get married. The only reason I stick to this stupid af societal rule is because even though I think it's complete BS, I could never hurt my parents like that

Okay you disagree the tradition. Obviously, if there is no creed hidden behind , you should not find reasons to accept it. But marriage is not nothing and should not represent a hard thing for anybody. It seems stupid in Society but I wish it is not the same in your mind
I agree that marriage is not nothing- it's one of the biggest things in one's life. I guess I just don't like rules in general :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 397
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
you shouldn't delete the 'men want virgins to marry', that was one of the most popular of December 2014/January 2015

I decided to look into this thread after seeing your post. Good read, thanks.
Reply 398
Original post by Groot
I decided to look into this thread after seeing your post. Good read, thanks.

You're welcome.
As an African man I do understand your point ,culture n values all applied ,all my brothers are settled to virgin ,it's some of a tradition thing,but I inparicular will not married a virgin,due to personal reasons,honestly I don't even prefer virgins ,I know it's a pride n honour to both families

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending