The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

RACIST REASONS; share your opinions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by capitalismstinks
Well, I'm mixed race, and I don't see majority of white people denying the existence of racism. What I do see however is majority of non white people inventing racism when none exists, blacks especially, and outright denying the existence of anti white racism.

You poor thing.
Original post by NHM713
You poor thing.

s/he is mixed probably as european and asian
Original post by Aloogobi123
Oh please white people aren't affected by racism.. Half the time they're the ones who's dishing it wether that's overtly or through institutionalised racism.

well to be honest i get why they're racist because it's their country, but doesn't mean they HAVE to be racist, quite a lot of them are open minded and extremely nice, 2nd, I've seen cases where ***(not mentioning what race) have been 'racist' to white people. Either way, it's sad and upsets me :frown:
Reverse racism is a completely stupid term, not all racism is by white people, many people of colour are racist.
Well, I'm mixed race, and I don't see majority of white people denying the existence of racism. What I do see however is majority of non white people inventing racism when none exists, blacks especially, and outright denying the existence of anti white racism.

You're a complete hypocrite, you tried to insinuate racism against a white woman in that thread you made when there was no evidence, just a brutal killing.
Original post by Protégé
You're a complete hypocrite, you tried to insinuate racism against a white woman in that thread you made when there was no evidence, just a brutal killing.

No, the thread was about exposing hypocrisy about race. Such an event if roles were reversed would have been seen as racist.

I think the current narratives about race in UK are ruining the country. I think it's important to highlight anti white racism/violence, because a lot of non white people think they are under siege when they are not.
No, the thread was about exposing hypocrisy about race. Such an event if roles were reversed would have been seen as racist.

I think the current narratives about race in UK are ruining the country. I think it's important to highlight anti white racism/violence, because a lot of non white people think they are under siege when they are not.

You insisted that it was racist in the thread though. I don't really think it would have been seen as racist, even by morons who play the racist card a lot. It was a mugging, not like someone just beat up someone for no apparent reason.
Reply 27
Lol. This pretty much sums every perspectiveless white person you'll find on the internet :lol:.
To be honest though, there are a lot of sensitive idiots who complain about things being racist all the time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 29
Lol @ CapitalismStinks already in this thread showing his ass. You know what they say, a hit dog will holler:lol:!
Original post by Protégé
You insisted that it was racist in the thread though. I don't really think it would have been seen as racist, even by morons who play the racist card a lot. It was a mugging, not like someone just beat up someone for no apparent reason.

Are you from UK. I ask because you seem to be unaware of the media double standards, and resulting skewed narratives. If roles were reversed this would have been reported as a racist attack.

Why are you so sure it wasn't racist, what is your evidence?
Are you from UK. I ask because you seem to be unaware of the media double standards, and resulting skewed narratives. If roles were reversed this would have been reported as a racist attack.

Why are you so sure it wasn't racist, what is your evidence?

I was born here, yes. I am aware of the media's double standards but in this case it was just a mugging and a murder. I obviously can't say that it wasn't racially motivated but there's no evidence to suggest that it was so it's utterly moronic to assume so. Just because people do it on the other side it doesn't mean you can cry racist at everything either, stop being such a child.
Yet another thread taken over
Original post by Protégé
I was born here, yes. I am aware of the media's double standards but in this case it was just a mugging and a murder. I obviously can't say that it wasn't racially motivated but there's no evidence to suggest that it was so it's utterly moronic to assume so. Just because people do it on the other side it doesn't mean you can cry racist at everything either, stop being such a child.

Except, any example of violence against non-white people by white people is immediately considered racist. My thread was a mirror to that.

I think its important to challenge the dangerous narratives which exist in the UK. I study history and realise that grievance mentality leads to civil war. If we want everyone to exist in peace there has to be a balanced narrative.

Balanced narratives do not exist in the UK media.
Reply 34
how can you be racist if you pleaded with Scotland to stay in the Union? Oh wait...
Except, any example of violence against non-white people by white people is immediately considered racist. My thread was a mirror to that.

I think its important to challenge the dangerous narratives which exist in the UK. I study history and realise that grievance mentality leads to civil war. If we want everyone to exist in peace there has to be a balanced narrative.

Balanced narratives do not exist in the UK media.

I dislike the media in the UK most of the time. It feels the need to point out the religion of a criminal if he's a Muslim but in most other cases it's ignored. I agree with you that many people idiotically cry racist too much though.
This thread is futile. In fact it is things like this that lead on to intolerance and stereotypes etc.
Typical trash you find on tumblr. Someone trying to seem deep and poetic.

We can quite easily summarise this whole thread.

1) Some form of racism exists in all cultures and societies on earth. In predominantly white areas, in predominantly black areas, in asian areas, and even shockingly enough in multicultural areas.

2) Black people were oppressed very badly under slavery, however, it is no excuse to go around insinuating all white people are inherently bad and all black people have the right to pull the I'm so oppressed card. Young black individuals have not been slaves, and the chances are neither were their parents. So yes, black peoples ancestors were oppressed, and the black community today is still somewhat oppressed, however it does not give you the right to be angry nowadays at the entire white race in general simply because they are white. (Hint: Thats racism!)

3) Reverse racism does exist, as do double standards. Some police in america are racist, and they're actions towards the black community are terrible, as they presume black people are going to commit crime whereas they wouldn't think the same with white people. They racially profile, which is bad, as theres a massive double standard. On the flip side, theres a double standard recently in the sense that a very famous footballer 'whited' up his face to encourage the black community to vote. Had a white footballer 'blacked' up, to encourage white people to vote, his message would have been trashed, and he would have been called a terrible racist. So socially speaking, double standards exist in the sense that the rules for whats deemed racist sometimes dont apply to all races. Again a massive double standard.

Conclusion: Racism exists in different forms, in different cultures, and a poem preaching about why white people can't be the victims of racism is just another form racism in itself.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thing is though.. They don't experience it anywhere near to the extent that coloured people do in Europe and America.

White people crying about racism is a like a grown man crying over a paper cut - yes they may be hurt the tiniest bit but it's so so minor.
Reply 39
Original post by jedanselemyia
Yet another thread taken over

Quite a hypocritical statement considering how many threads of Capitalismstinks you have deliberately tried to take over and derail.

Latest

Trending

Trending