The Student Room Group

I hate homophobes.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RhymeAsylumForever
I have lgbt friends btw but I don't agree with it. It's unnatural, you can't deny this. You are not meant to like the same sex (for humans at least) because how can you reproduce? (which is arguably the main reason we are all here)

Your argument is gnostic. You believe that just because gays don't reproduce they are 'unnatural', wheras it has been scientifically proven that gay people have a different balance of chemicals to straight people, and that it is NOT a choice.

Also, why do we need more people? Our world is significantly overpopulated, and there is a huge drain on resources.
That's my lifelong aim, to have kids. I don't necessarily have to do it right now but I will eventually. However, lgbt cannot do this.

Are you a believer in any religion?

Well, they can adopt children who are unwanted by straight couples who can't be arsed to use a condom!
Original post by HAnwar
Your childish rant and the way you are almost forcing your beliefs down other people's throat, is the very reason why people are against homosexuality.
As a Muslim I do agree that Science is fantastic, but I will take the word of Allah the most superior, over Science any day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm sure you'd like to explain to us why Allah > Science.
Original post by suudsioee
Stop bashing on islam to get your point across. There are gay muslims and we are in the same position with homophobia as u are. Ur no better than the homophobes as u r making life difficult for religious lgbt ppl with your offensive post.

I think my distaste towards SOME denominations and extreme interpretations of Islam are a lot more legit than homophobia. Unlike homoPHOBIA, my fear is RATIONAL, because need I explain why?
Original post by frankieboy
Does this make you a homophobephobe?

*** Tumbleweed ***

I'll get my coat.

Fear towards homophobia is not a phobia because it is rational.
Original post by Hulkamaniac
I agree with Russia and Saudi

y??
I have lgbt friends btw but I don't agree with it.
Who cares if you have lgbt friends? :s-smilie:

It's unnatural, you can't deny this.
Considering that it is natural....we definitely can deny your claim.

You are not meant to like the same sex (for humans at least) because how can you reproduce? (which is arguably the main reason we are all here)

...why are you singling out humans as a special case? Are we somehow supposed to reproduce more than other species (which of course is nonsense as our reason for being is not reproduction).
Reply 47
Original post by jambojim97
Well I'm sure you'd like to explain to us why Allah > Science.

It's pretty self explanatory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Such hatred and intolerance for the religious moral values our nation was built on. No wonder we're going to pot.
Love it when people say it's not natural to be gay etc yet it's in the animal kingdom and has been forever.

LOL

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/so-it-turns-out-giraffes-are-gayest-animal-planet231014
I am opposed to sodomy which is an immoral act. I am not opposed to people being gay, how can I be opposed to people having thoughts and feelings.
I have lgbt friends btw but I don't agree with it. It's unnatural, you can't deny this. You are not meant to like the same sex (for humans at least) because how can you reproduce? (which is arguably the main reason we are all here)

I'm no scientist so my point following might have little validity, but do you believe in the theory of evolution?
How does biology dictate what people are suppose to like? I don't think biology is even relevant, but I understand why many do.

Why does biology dictate that we must reproduce?
Wouldn't I say, by the theory of evolution, that the only reason we survived as a species, is because we DID reproduce, not necessarily meaning that we were suppose to. We just happened to live, other things just happened to die.

People keep thinking that people's reason for existence from a biological standpoint is to reproduce. But that doesn't make sense (if evolution is the accepted theory.)

So the main reason we're all here isn't that we're suppose to reproduce, but because we reproduced, we survived. We have no "intended" purpose, it's just that those that reproduced, survived.

I'm not sure if I'm articulating my argument very well.

Secondly (although this point is made moot/irrelevant by my first argument because the "purpose" is irrelevant), homosexuals still can have sex, a bit like if there was a few homosexual people left on earth, of both genders, I doubt they wouldn't have sex to reproduce. A male homosexual can still impregnate a female homosexual and everything else.

Thirdly, "natural" means "without human intervention", homosexuals aren't intervening with nature. Suppressing it would be worse/less natural.
Original post by HAnwar
Your childish rant and the way you are almost forcing your beliefs down other people's throat, is the very reason why people are against homosexuality.
As a Muslim I do agree that Science is fantastic, but I will take the word of Allah the most superior, over Science any day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:facepalm: Not this argument again... :sad: I hate it how many times I have to explain this.

May I ask, are you against homosexuality for that reason?
If you are, that shouldn't be an issue with the principle of homosexuality, but of homosexual culture. And people make a sweeping statement on all homosexuals because of what you said.

Original post by driftawaay
How do we not get so angry about it when there are 70+ countries in the world where it is illegal to be gay? When gay people get murdered every day, not only in Africa and the Middle East where homosexuality is criminalized, but also in the Western world? When there are still a LOT of people who don't think we deserve equal rights and people vote against our human rights? There is a referendum in Ireland going on soon, people will be able to vote on same sex marriage. I am positive the majority will vote yes and same sex marriage will be legalized, however it boils my blood to think that this is even up for debate! Basic human rights and equality under the law are not up for debate. Just like Prop 8 in California.

I'm glad the Supreme Court is debating this in the US right now and I hope they rule once and for all that is a constitutional right. Not something people can just vote against.

I'm also done with people who support gay rights in a half assed manner. People who say they support equal marriage and say it is a human right but then turn out and say it is acceptable for people to oppose and there should be a vote on it. David Cameron is a prime example of this. As the guy in this video says, David Cameron supports same sex marriage and says it is a human right, but doesn't actually have a fundamental core belief in it, as evidenced by this interview

Here:
[video="youtube;UToKt6PxJCQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UToKt6PxJCQ[/video]

Another example of this is Theresa May filming an Out4Marriage campaign video, where she says she supports same sex marriage and then ponders to the bigoted section of her supporters by saying 'however I realize there are some strong arguments on both sides of this'. LOL no, there aren't? There is only one side with a strong argument. Can't believe she actually had the nerve to say that.

I'm also done with people who defend homophobes with 'everyone has a right to their own opinion, let's be respectful of others' views'. A prime example of this is when the recent Dolce and Gabbana thing broke out and Zoe Saldana and Katie Hopkins both spoke out against people attacking D&B for saying that, both Zoe and Katie support same sex marriage but basically said that we shouldn't be intolerant of D&G's views and they have a right to their opinion. How the **** can you say something like that? If D&G had said they don't believe interracial couples should have children, NOBODY would ever say 'Let's not attack D&G, let's not be intolerant of their views, everyone is allowed to have their own opinions', but suddenly when it's about gay people, it's OK to make outrageous comments and we should respect their hateful and misguided opinions.

No, I don't need to respect everyone's opinions. I don't respect the KKK's opinions, I don't respect Hitler's opinions and I don't respect opinions that go against my human rights. **** your opinion.

I am really tired of people not taking gay rights seriously and given the awful treatment the vast majority of LGBT people everywhere receive, we have every right to be ****ing outraged. Nothing would ever get done and we wouldn't have same sex marriage now if we weren't ****ing outraged.

You have no idea how much I have thought along the lines of the thing in bold. :OO Thank you for someone else saying this.
I don't need to justify why my views are better than theirs, they just are. (No matter how subjective it may seem to be.)
I think that my views are far superior to their ****ty, inferior views.
Reply 53
All right, calm down guys! You don't need to be all gay about it.

:wink:
Reply 54
Original post by XcitingStuart
:facepalm: Not this argument again... :sad: I hate it how many times I have to explain this.

May I ask, are you against homosexuality for that reason?
If you are, that shouldn't be an issue with the principle of homosexuality, but of homosexual culture. And people make a sweeping statement on all homosexuals because of what you said.

Fair enough, I should've said 'some' people.
But forcing people to accept something they don't want to, is going to make them hate it even more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even if homosexuality was a choice (it isn't), it would still be perfectly natural. There are literally hundreds of things we chose to do that are considered normal. Let me give you the most mundane example; wearing clothes. We have an innate instinct to protect ourselves from harm and the elements, but no actual natural drive to wear clothes. Likewise, most of us have an instinct to get close to and attract individuals we consider attractive. Therefore, even if we're (we're not) selectively and consciously picking members of the same gender, that wouldn't be considered no more unnatural than wearing clothes, cooking food or building shelter. Those actions are products of our biological urges and instincts, even if their ultimate results aren't in our genetic makeup.
Original post by HAnwar
It's pretty self explanatory.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it isn't. Please enlighten us.
Original post by HigherMinion
Such hatred and intolerance for the religious moral values our nation was built on. No wonder we're going to pot.

When have we ever not been 'going to pot'?
Original post by jambojim97
When have we ever not been 'going to pot'?

Pre-French revolution, perhaps, would be a place to start. Back when authority was a little more respected and eternal ideas were not challenged. The decadence of the degenerates gets astounding support, because it's much easier to be "pro choice" than have morals.

There's no need to *hate* for no reason- there usually is a reason. You should figure out what that reason is. It's probably not just that you make them uncomfortable or that you take up the whole length of the pavement with your skipping.
Original post by HigherMinion
Pre-French revolution, perhaps, would be a place to start. Back when authority was a little more respected and eternal ideas were not challenged. The decadence of the degenerates gets astounding support, because it's much easier to be "pro choice" than have morals.

There's no need to *hate* for no reason- there usually is a reason. You should figure out what that reason is. It's probably not just that you make them uncomfortable or that you take up the whole length of the pavement with your skipping.

Alternatively, loads of people were oppressed and the only people who were happy were those who subscribed to the doctrine of 'eternal ideas'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending