The Student Room Group

Tuesday 19th AQA Physics Unit 1 POST EXAM OPINIONS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iTzturrtlex
This is exactly what I said see above, yes somebody agrees with me

Yep, I'm glad I wrote that now.

I would have got the internal resistance right if I hadn't thought the answer for internal resistance was too high.
Original post by AGreyJellyBean
But it says in the text book it is an anti down, strange so they can't put it in the text book and not accept it as an answer.

hexagon.png

Here's the AQA textbook.

See the kaon with the anti-down, strange has a line above it that indicates that it is an anti-particle.
Original post by Programming_Nerd
hexagon.png

Here's the AQA textbook.

See the kaon with the anti-down, strange has a line above it that indicates that it is an anti-particle.

The kaon at the bottom is an anti kaon look at the one above
Who else loved the 6 mark question?
For all of you AS's doing this in your first year I just resat it.
If you think you did bad, it was the same last year for me and I got a C.
I resat it today and thought it was really easy to be honest.
So don't be sad about that exam you can always resit it next year with little or no revision as you already learnt it once its so much easier especially when youve done A2s
Original post by iTzturrtlex
For all of you AS's doing this in your first year I just resat it.
If you think you did bad, it was the same last year for me and I got a C.
I resat it today and thought it was really easy to be honest.
So don't be sad about that exam you can always resit it next year with little or no revision as you already learnt it once its so much easier especially when youve done A2s

kk
Reply 86
Original post by AngelaMckenzie
What did u guys out for the potato question and power energy lost one. i wasn't sure whether to add resistance as though they were in parallel or not. I'm talking bout resistance of copper and aluminium wires

It was a parallel combination thus you add the reciprocal of the resistances and 1/that to get the resistance!

What do you guys think will come up for unit 2, now that we know the style of the questions? Are the papers written by the same examiner? (murder them! SHOVE A ****ING POTATO UP THEIR ASSS) Ω- my asss! where's my fluorescent tube and oscilloscope question!!!!!! (well i guess they've integrated the fluorescent tube question in the question about light intensity and power haha...)
Original post by ssel17
Troll, the highest they've been over the past five years is 58. Stop trying to scared people when they clearly struggled.

Haha only joking, of course it was hard, I thought some of you would have a sense of humour and be able to see I was joking...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
By the way our paper wasn't the worst OCR had a question about volcanic eruption in jupiter (!!!)
Have to be fricking autistic to fail that exam like me per say gg

fake and gay like ur so called talent for physics dweeb.. should get a real hobby like watching amine with ur waifu gg...
Original post by AGreyJellyBean
I did do that originally but it seemed like a too big value XD

I did your way first and I thought I'd done it wrong :tongue:
Reply 93
I put X=SSS. I think there are two possible answers because in the previous on you can put both DantiS or SantiD.
Original post by albertz
I put X=SSS. I think there are two possible answers because in the previous on you can put both DantiS or SantiD.

holy turdlings some people are actually thick go back to ur basement and faperino to naruto
was it just me who couldn't go through any of the emf question without thinking ffs its a potato, its not a battery...
Original post by albertz

Yeah that's been agreed as the correct answer between a few of us now
after the exam I just hear someone shout down the corridor "which autistic F*CK decides to use a potato to power an LED ffs"
sums it up really...
Reply 98
no oscilloscopes :frown:
Reply 99
Yeah, I resit it and I found it easier than prior papers. I got SSS for particle X.

What did people do to find the resistance of the potato? I've a feeling my method wasn't right, but i'd like to see other peoples methods. What I did was calculate the difference between the given emf and the first given voltage. I presumed this would give me the lost volts in the cell. I then used ohms law to find the resistance by dropping a line from the first voltage to get the current for the equation. In the exam all the numbers were nice and round, so I thought I was on the right track. I got 3.3x10^3 ohms.

Quick Reply

Latest