The Student Room Group

Biology Paper 1 - PRACTICE exam paper (with mark scheme) INVALUABLE resource

Here is a practice paper for Combined Science Higher Biology Paper 1. This is an invaluable resource prior to the exam on 15/5/18.

The lack of papers is evident so here is one to get your teeth into.

There is a mark scheme and grade boundaries included as well for your help.

The paper is out of 70 and I would appreciate any feedback. If it is positive, I will create more free papers.

Good feedback will be the grade you achieved and how easy/hard it was for you.

Enjoy and happy revising.

Scroll to see replies

sorry for asking but do you have one for triple
Original post by NickMbugua
sorry for asking but do you have one for triple

Not yet but this will still be good practice. If I get helpful feedback, I'll make a triple version.
Reply 3
This is perfect thanks!
Original post by alphabetagam
Not yet but this will still be good practice. If I get helpful feedback, I'll make a triple version.

thanks a tonne will definitely attempt

can you make one for AS? XD
Original post by Hal_01
This is perfect thanks!

No problem at all! Best of luck and make sure to report back.
Would a Biology Paper 1 second paper be helpful or not?
Reply 8
Really useful Thankyou :smile:
Original post by Belle158
Really useful Thankyou :smile:

Not a problem. Please do report back with any feedback and best of luck!
64 was very good practice especially for reminding me I need to learn more of the smaller details for the littler questions :smile:
54*
Can you please make one for triple ?
Original post by Belle158
54*

Thanks for the feedback! This will help me improve my papers, I'll aim to do 2 more prior to Tuesday's exam.
Original post by Bamitzipek
Can you please make one for triple ?

This should still be good practice. If I get helpful feedback, I'll make a triple version prior to Tuesday.
This is excellent man, you should definitely create more if you can as it’s highly beneficial to many of us. Btw, are these grades boundaries accurate coz I got 41/75 and in my mock at school I got that and ended up with a grade 5 lmao
Original post by HXA97
This is excellent man, you should definitely create more if you can as it’s highly beneficial to many of us. Btw, are these grades boundaries accurate coz I got 41/75 and in my mock at school I got that and ended up with a grade 5 lmao

Thank you so much for the feedback! If you don't mind me asking, how many marks did you get on this paper? I am happy to create a few more before Tuesday, hopefully 2 more papers and some Chemistry, Physics and Biology Paper 2 papers.

The grade boundaries are guesses so just take them with a pinch of salt.
By the way, on recent practice papers, AQA have got rid of the line where they tell you which questions need good English.
Thank you so much for the feedback! If you don't mind me asking, how many marks did you get on this paper? I am happy to create a few more before Tuesday, hopefully 2 more papers and some Chemistry, Physics and Biology Paper 2 papers.

The grade boundaries are guesses so just take them with a pinch of salt.

I got 41 marks on this paper. I got a similar result in my mocks and I got a 5 when on this 41 marks per paper is a high B/Low A
Original post by Goldfish4343
By the way, on recent practice papers, AQA have got rid of the line where they tell you which questions need good English.

Helpful feedback, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest