The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Britain was built on slavery - how does that make you feel (black/white people)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CookieButter
This is not about you being responsible for the actions of your forefathers but rather your forefathers being held responsible for their actions.

How, precisely, do you expect to hold your forefathers to account for things you consider to be misdeeds, in the light of modern morality, but which were perfectly acceptable at that time? Do you expect your own descendants to exhume your body to do the same to you?
Original post by Bill_Gates
what a weak reply.

" Black people still face great injustices". What a weak statement. Name one that they suffer that is not from their own hands. (in the U.S.)
Original post by Good bloke
which were perfectly acceptable at that time?

Rape, murder, and forced slavery might have been perfectly acceptable with the perps but not with the victims of those crimes.

Original post by Good bloke
Do you expect your own descendants to exhume your body to do the same to you?

If i committed a crime against another person or a people I would expect justice to be done and justice does not revolve around physical punishment to a living perp.

If my country was to be occupied and my people displaced and slaughtered for example and the person who ordered these crimes was to die it would not cancel my right to justice, my right back to my land and to my country and my right to holding those who criminalised me to account. I would pursue justice in the form of freeing my country to the end of time.

Justice has no time limit.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 323
I knew clicking on this thread was a bad idea...
wypipo are something else, don't @ me.

Latest

Trending

Trending