The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

are gay and bisexual people the most hated minority in society

Scroll to see replies

are gay and bisexual people the most hated minority in society?

Spoiler

Reply 41
Original post by Salon
I am referring to a group of people that are marginalised and discriminated against because of ones sexuality. I am gay, Muslim and British and it's difficult as I am one of those hated the most by its own community.

I know where you are coming from.
They call it a mental illness in the Muslim community. At the same time you are bashed by the LGBT community for still being a Muslim.
Reply 42
Original post by eoe
I know where you are coming from.
They call it a mental illness in the Muslim community. At the same time you are bashed by the LGBT community for still being a Muslim.

I totally agree... There is no win win lol but I am pretty strong minded so I'm ok. I feel sorry for others.
Original post by eoe
Never denied that it is your human right

Clearly that's what the thread is about, read the title mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by Sacred Ground
Clearly that's what the thread is about, read the title mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tit for tat
I don't think they are the most hated. Muslims seem to get the most hate, from what I've seen.
1:Transsexuals 2:Muslims 3:Roma/Gypsies 4:Black people 5:Gays and Lesbians 6:generic racism 7: poor white people. That's the order of the most hated people in British society.
(edited 8 years ago)
I cant think of a more tolerant country for gays than the UK. Sure there are now certain groups of intolerant homophobes in the UK but i wouldnt have gays as the most marginalised
Original post by eoe
I think a lot of Gay people are intolerant themselves towards people who do not agree with their lifestyle. Why is tolerance seen as a one way route.

The definition of tolerance is
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tolerance

Why cant Gays tolerate the fact that some people believe a marriage is between a man and a woman

Serious?
A transgender muslim immigrant living in a spaceship with 4 wives and 10 kids on benefits.
There is a lot of overt homophobia which I think people fail to recognise.

I've heard someone mention that the majority of paedophiles (meant child molesters) are proportionally in the gay community/are homosexuals.

I've heard people mention that any gay person that goes into the fashion industry is a paedophile.

That there's areas full of lifestyle gays.

That flamboyancy indicates whether someone's gay in a way that meant gay people are exclusively flamboyant (though that's not homophobic, just reducing to stereotypes.)

(There's a lot of inconsistencies in people's beliefs, one minute they support, next against (figuratively speaking.)

The ignorance regarding trans people is another whole separate slew of things.
Original post by Salon
I think Muslims (Muslim myself) because of the islamaphobia and propaganda the media are spreading.

Yes I am gay.

In terms of oppressed minorities then,
it sucks to be you. :tongue:
Original post by Kyle1198
Them and muslims.
Ironically muslims are homophobes.
I know the UK is very gay friendly but the question is, which is the LEAST tolerating - I think gay people are the least tolerated, not that they aren't.

Are you saying which group is the least tolerating, or which is the least tolerated.

Who least tolerates who.
Reply 53
Original post by cookiemunch
are gay and bisexual people the most hated minority in society?

Spoiler

Victim complex :bebored:
Reply 54
Original post by jamesholland
More so gay and bisexual men but lesbians too. It seems to be the case , i know men on twitter sometimes exaggerate homophobia to their mates but it seem ok to bash gay people although i have noticed some people reacting to homophobic remarks and comments so that's good. Also you never ever see any gay couples holding hands in public and i see plenty of middle-aged heterosexual couples holding hands. Could you imagine if a premiership football player came out the closet i would imagine he would get a lot of abuse from fans not just international but English fans too.

How anti-gay is it where you are ? like what city or county do you live in you don;t have to give the exact area, Do you think homophobia is decreasing or stagnating ?

What about transphobia? That seems to be worse than homophobia in most if not all places
More so gay and bisexual men but lesbians too. It seems to be the case , i know men on twitter sometimes exaggerate homophobia to their mates but it seem ok to bash gay people although i have noticed some people reacting to homophobic remarks and comments so that's good. Also you never ever see any gay couples holding hands in public and i see plenty of middle-aged heterosexual couples holding hands. Could you imagine if a premiership football player came out the closet i would imagine he would get a lot of abuse from fans not just international but English fans too.

How anti-gay is it where you are ? like what city or county do you live in you don;t have to give the exact area, Do you think homophobia is decreasing or stagnating ?

No pedophiles are
Never faced any homophobia except the occasional dickhead at school, so no.
"Re: are gay and bisexual people the most hated minority in society"... Do you think homophobia is decreasing or stagnating ?

Peados are the most hated minority, but dependent on where you stand on the issue peados and homos/bi may be the same thing.

Political oppression in the form of "correctness" or correctionalism [Politicaly Correct] means that hatred and skepticism of homos is driven underground or frowned upon by unintelligent sheeple who just follow the crowd and refuse to question tptb for themselves - even for their own safety's sake. Questioning minds still exist but fear being labeled "homophobic".
Original post by XcitingStuart
Are you saying which group is the least tolerating, or which is the least tolerated.

Who least tolerates who.

Tolerated, sorry 😁
I think if you're gay or what it doesn't matter but the most important thing is you must study properly. Nowadays, same sex marriage is accepted almost around the world so that Lesbian,Gay and Bisexual people don't have any problems to live in university

Latest

Trending

Trending