The Student Room Group

Why are you NOT a feminist?

Scroll to see replies

Men and women are fundamentally different and equality between the two is impossible. I'm a traditionalist and would be more than happy spending my life as a homemaker/housewife. I understand that some feminists aren't like the radicals we hear about nowadays but the fact that these are dominating the media has really tainted the word and all meaning that it contains, and this needs to be stopped because it is an aggressive, male-hating ideology.
There are, like one of the above posts has stated, prominent male issues which desperately need to be resolved where men are at a considerable disadvantage, e.g. marriage and divorce proceedings, reproductive rights/child custody, sexual abuse and rape of males being ignored or laughed at, female on male domestic abuse, false rape accusations, less funding into male-specific healthcare (prostate cancer and so on), greater media focus on male criminals/perpetrators and less focus on victims compared to females. The list goes on.
I just want fundamental equalities for men and women, i.e. career opportunities, salaries, medical opportunities, security, safety from violence, etc. I don't want to see society screaming about "the patriarchy" and demonising either sex. Feminism is fine, I support it, but what's not fine is the recent rise in extremist feminists who shout that men are sub-human rapist monsters who just want sex - because that view is sexist and unequal :s-smilie:
Reply 42
Cause I don't think men and women are equal
Original post by Johann von Gauss
Feminism is Haram

God dammit, now I want to be a feminist
Because feminazis
Original post by ooosh
In that case dear you're a egalitarian.

Okie.
Reply 46
maxresdefault.jpg
I am not a feminist because I do not believe in dogmatic ideology, I disagree with a lot of the core concepts perpetuated by feminism, these core concepts have been proven utterly false. Besides these concepts I also dislike how many feminism assumes it is speaking for all women. As well as the fact that objectification does not lead to any form of sexism or assault, there is simply to evidence of this.
Patriarchy.
Wage Gap.
1/5 women are raped/sexually assaulted.
Rape culture.
I've seen quite a few people saying "if you advocate for women's rights you are a feminist", well this is simply false. The core concepts that feminism perpetuates are not perpetuated from egalitarians or humanists, in general it is exclusive to feminism. You can disagree with these concepts but still advocate for women's rights, which is what I do. Also why do feel the necessity to label anyone that advocates for women's rights as a feminist? The dictionary definition in this case does not matter, a social movement should be judged based on it's actions.
Original post by loldongs
maxresdefault.jpg

Milo is fantastic!
Original post by F.Nietzsche
I'm not a feminist - I'm an egalitarian. I don't like how feminism is one-sided but also how modern feminism has stopped the real conversations. Celebs can campaign on banning the word bossy but didn't campaign for women's rights in the middle east for example. I don't care what the definition of feminism is, as long as it has a gendered pronoun it is biased. I am for equality.

So what's your reason for not being a feminist? (:

Completely agree with you.
I am not a feminist either but an egalitarian!
Even the name 'fem'inst I mean seriously? And it's supposed to be the belief that both sexes are equal. That label alone puts me completely off let alone other major factors. The concept is awesome though, I am all for equality.
Original post by ew296
I literally couldn't agree more with this. Especially around the companies quota filling to achieve some sort of 50:50 ratio. if one sex are being positively discriminated for there has to be a trade off, so now men are being negatively discriminated in these situations I.e they were better than a female candidate but didn't get the job because they had a penis. that's not feminism, because it's not equality of the sexes.

Pretty sure all the companies that do this are made up.

Where I work it's probably 95% male. You'd love it :yy:
I am.
Original post by Armastan
Men and women are fundamentally different and equality between the two is impossible. I'm a traditionalist and would be more than happy spending my life as a homemaker/housewife. I understand that some feminists aren't like the radicals we hear about nowadays but the fact that these are dominating the media has really tainted the word and all meaning that it contains, and this needs to be stopped because it is an aggressive, male-hating ideology.
There are, like one of the above posts has stated, prominent male issues which desperately need to be resolved where men are at a considerable disadvantage, e.g. marriage and divorce proceedings, reproductive rights/child custody, sexual abuse and rape of males being ignored or laughed at, female on male domestic abuse, false rape accusations, less funding into male-specific healthcare (prostate cancer and so on), greater media focus on male criminals/perpetrators and less focus on victims compared to females. The list goes on.

Feminism is about giving the chance. The fact you want to be traditional is fine and should be respected, which it is, but it shouldn't be forced on every woman. Many women do NOT want that lifestyle.
I dont agree with feminism because it ignores the differences between men and women.
Because most modern feminists have no idea what they are talking about. At all.
Original post by Danny McCoyne
I'm not a feminist because feminism is only for white people.

I've never seen any black feminists either :smile:

The movement is racist af
i just don't feel oppressed for being a woman, I don't get all the hollering sometimes. yes, equality, - for me now I don't feel like I don't have that

if all that made sense.
Original post by Zargabaath
God dammit, now I want to be a feminist

Why do you go out of your way to be offensive to muslims?

Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Just wear a bacon necklace and you'd be good.

You're not funny
Reply 58
Because I don't think I've ever witnessed a feminist winning a debate.
Original post by Johann von Gauss
You're not funny
But did I at least offend you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending