The Student Room Group

Welcoming of non-muslims into mosques today apparently

Was just reading a thread on here where a Muslim poster posted about a weak 'against Isis' march and saying how the media would never show up such a thing.

Today there was a welcoming of non-muslims into mosques apparently to teach proper Islam. Well according to the BBC only 80 mosques out of the 1,500 in England did this which equates to 5.3% of total mosques.

And then we have Muslims say that they want to be a part of Britain? I'm confused.
Apparently these sinister Muslims were offering unwitting visitors tea and biscuits. Once they get you with tea and biscuits, conversion to Islam is inevitable.
I wanted to go to one but it conflicted with a long standing engagement that I had.

However, imagine my surprise when I learnt that the doors to the mosque, like that of any other faith, are never closed to people wanting to learn and interact with people of from all walks of life so hopefully, I can make some time in the near future to go and visit one.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
I wanted to go to one but it conflicted with a long standing engagement that I had.

However, imagine my surprise when I learnt that the doors to the mosque, like that of any other faith, are never closed to people wanting to learn and interact with people of from all walks of life so hopefully, I can make some time in the near future to go and visit one.

Well, 94.7% of them were closed today to visitors. Not welcomed.
Original post by le_darkhorse

Not holding an open day =/= Closed to non-Muslims.
Reply 5
I swear every time a Muslim tries to do something positive, people try so hard to pick out a negative from it.
Original post by HAnwar
I swear every time a Muslim tries to do something positive, people try so hard to pick out a negative from it.

Not just Muslims, everyone gets that treatment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Where is your nearest mosque?
Reply 8
Original post by DiddyDec
Not just Muslims, everyone gets that treatment

Posted from TSR Mobile

Muslims get that extra special treatment on TSR.
Original post by HAnwar
Muslims get that extra special treatment on TSR.

What do you expect?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by DiddyDec
What do you expect?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing less from TSR users.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nununu
Where is your nearest mosque?

not a clue .. why?

Have you gone to any one of those 94.7% of mosques that didn't participate and asked if you can visit or see around the mosque? I'm quite doubtful that every single one would turn you away.

Churches also do similar events where they show people around from different faiths. And guess what? Not every single Church participates.
If I was gonna visit a mosque, it would be a day when they weren't expecting me, so I wouldn't get their cacky propaganda.
I am a muslim and my local mosque did not have a so called open day but the people there did allow people to come in and look around if they came to the mosque. I think that the mosques that did have open days had people at all times who could show people around and explain the religion. My local mosque however didn't have enough people in it who could show people around but they still let anyone inside.
Not having an open day doesn't mean that people are not allowed in. Anyone could go to my local mosque and as long as they were respectful we would be fine with it.
mosque doors are freely open, granted you take off your shoes when you enter
Reply 16
Original post by Aceadria
Well, I've seen only a handful of Muslims who can clearly answer a question put forward to them and have a normal debate. The majority of them make comments such as 'death to Israel' and 'how dare you question MY Islam?' and then wonder why they are ridiculed.

You are no exception, HAnwar.

Ah Aceadria, always posting constructive comments as usual.

If I am no exception then please show me where I have posted either of those comments :smile:
Original post by HAnwar
Ah Aceadria, always posting constructive comments as usual.

Thank you very much indeed.

Original post by HAnwar
If I am no exception then please show me where I have posted either of those comments :smile:

Well, I was actually referring to your inability to structure a proper argument and answer questions but good to see the self-victimisation is ever-present. I'm sure you're capable of doing a search yourself. I have other apologists to debate at this very point with whom I'm actually having a good time!
Reply 18
Original post by Aceadria
Thank you very much indeed.

Well, I was actually referring to your inability to structure a proper argument and answer questions but good to see the self-victimisation is ever-present. I'm sure you're capable of doing a search yourself. I have other apologists to debate at this very point with whom I'm actually having a good time!

I do hope one day I'll be able to master the art of debating so I can successfully reach to the level you are at (!)
Funny though, I would've thought when one accuses another person of something, they provide evidence for it rather than plucking it out of thin air.

Next time you want to take a dig at me, do it via VM or PM rather than derailing this thread :smile:
Original post by HAnwar
I do hope one day I'll be able to master the art of debating so I can successfully reach to the level you are at (!)
Funny though, I would've thought when one accuses another person of something, they provide evidence for it rather than plucking it out of thin air.

Next time you want to take a dig at me, do it via VM or PM rather than derailing this thread :smile:

Not taking a dig at you, HAnwar. Just stating a fact. I don't have anything personal against you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending