The Student Room Group

Do you feel safe in public places?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by kirigiri
alone? not at all.
i literally cannot be in public alone - being left for just a minute will make me panic (sometimes itll lead to an anxiety attack or me crying in front of everyone). i feel like i am constantly being watched by everyone and that someone is always about to attack me.:/

(and no, i havent had any negative experiences that would lead to this)

Oh that must be really difficult >< i understand as i have anxiety too, it's difficult when everyone around you feels like a potential threat
Reply 41
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Yes, for the most part. But then, I don't tend to walk alone after dark or in particularly dodgy places.

Well, I do currently live in an area with a bit of a drugs problem. But I find they tend to keep themselves to themselves (or are just too zonked out to notice me...).

Fair enough :smile: yeah I think not getting involved or giving eye contact is a good way to deal with people
Original post by Magnus Taylor
I don't think many people feel safe there :wink:

Oh please, Tottenham is being gentrified, like other poor areas in London, but tbh London is one of the most safest cities in the world.

I have never felt unsafe in London, I mean I can tell that some of you guys have never actually travelled.

There was a time when hackney was full of dangerous people, now look at it.
I will admit that some parts of northern England is rough and more dangerous
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Blue_Mason
Oh please, Tottenham is being gentrified, like other poor areas in London, but tbh London is one of the most safest cities in the world.

I have never felt unsafe in London, I mean I can tell that some of you guys have never actually travelled.

There was a time when hackney was full of dangerous people, now look at it.
I will admit that some parts of northern England is rough and more dangerous

I have only been to London once so my thoughts aren't based on experience but when I looked up the most dangerous places in the UK, a lot of them were different areas of London..
Original post by Hevachan
I have only been to London once so my thoughts aren't based on experience but when I looked up the most dangerous places in the UK, a lot of them were different areas of London..

But if compared to parts of Manchester,Liverpool and Birmingham, I mean such parts are even more dangerous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending