The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

If multiculturalism has failed, it's because of the white British majority.

Scroll to see replies

British white supremacy ftw

Sorry miss Solis :'v
(edited 6 years ago)
I like it
discriminative against non liberal ideals sharers, are on to me, deleting any post I make because they don't agree with it. Bottom line is they are leftist extremists and they are extremely oppressive.
Original post by BreakJos007
I like it

I don't
British people shuold help inmigrants. It shouldn't have to be about pride, it should be about empaty. These people who have left home to search for a better life deserve a chance to succes and local people should help them as much as they can to let them acomolish that goal.
Original post by Brunalgas
I don't

x2
"In my view, there is this undeniable attitude in the UK that we give these people more than they give us, but in reality, our NHS and in fact, our workforce would collapse without them."

I'm going to guess you also voted to remain part of a 27 white country bloc that discriminates against immigration from all but its own members, and beats up 900 of its own citizens - including elderly women and men - for the crime of wanting to vote?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by Akamega
You didn't, but your parents and grandparents probably did. Certainly seemed fine when we were encouraging migrant doctors (predominantly south east asian) to come here in droves in the 60's and 70's. But nobody wants the culture they come with, it's all about us graciously providing them entrance into this country, forgetting what they've done for us. Like I said, without these people the UK wouldn't be what it is economically.

You are wrong it's without the slave trade that Britain wouldn't be where it is. Profit on the back of the suffering of victims of slavery.
Reply 68
Original post by Misionero 69
British people shuold help inmigrants. It shouldn't have to be about pride, it should be about empaty. These people who have left home to search for a better life deserve a chance to succes and local people should help them as much as they can to let them acomolish that goal.

Lol you just want to open up the doors to all immigrants don't you? Don't you realise the British already voted for Brexit for a reason.

I would say Britain showed empathy and Britain has been taken for a ride, we could argue that Britain probably has reaped what it sowed but it has certainly been on a jolly EU ride these few years.
(edited 6 years ago)
According to Toñito's third anal law, all british buttholes should be equally judged.
you conflate ethnicity with culture which aren't the same thing at all. lots of people feel comfortable (and even prefer) living among a diverse ethnic population. that doesn't mean they want the country to have no majority cultural identity and only multiple cultural identities.

History tells us that when we have large cultures that have opposing value systems living side by side we first get Balkanisation and some time later war. This is why people are concerned about south asians with islamic cultures forming large mono-cultures in large areas of the country.

Islam, in particular, is structured entirely differently from the culturally inherited faith of Christianity (and all other major religions) which is intrinsically a component of British culture and institutions. Significant and foundational aspects of Islamic doctrine and faith, including many of it's 'revealed' truths, is diametrically opposed to typical western cultural norms such as equality before the law (Sharia provides different laws depending on whether you are female/male, muslim or non-muslim), freedom of expression (blasphemy laws still favoured by UK Islamic adherents according to latest surveys), separation of church and state (in fact Islam has the exact opposite). It's also the only major religion that has no golden rule.
In fact, it is a dualist system; one rule for adherents and another for non-adherents.

This presents a major challenge to any western country in trying to integrate immigrants from Islamic cultures. No one seems to have the answer that doesn't include human beings changing their fundamental nature such as in-group preference.I urge you to visit places like Dewsbury where the Pakistani immigrants have reproduced as closely as possible their native culture in a new land. This should highlight the gravity of the situation and the concern of the indigenous population and doom mongers like myself who think we will follow a well trodden historical path to civil war, especially since no one has any realistic suggestions to change the path we are on.

as far as i can see most commentators are just using wishful thinking about integration and not (daring) to project to 30-40 years from now which should scare them enough to think more radically about policies required to (at least) alleviate the issue.In short, we can't blame people for being people (can't blame indigenous populations being scared of losing their culture (so rapidly), can't blame groups such as pakistani muslims moving into area with similar value systems as theirs), and so we need 'realistic' proposals from governments to help with this reality even if they are radical like banning schools having large percentage of one minority group such as pakistanis; this is a disaster for integration, but do modern politicians have the guts to do anything about it?

I would suggest there is a minimal type of integration such as integrated schooling (happening naturally in parts of London as some boroughs have many minority groups where one doesn't predominate) that might just stave off a future balkanisation.

I don't hold much faith this will happen as things currently stand :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gazlives
:frown:

I have just one word for you, assuming you want anyone to read and understand your argument: paragraphs.
It hasn't failed, what're you on about?
Oh just read. Copout.

Original post by Good bloke
I have just one word for you, assuming you want anyone to read and understand your argument: paragraphs.
Original post by Mancini
Lol you just want to open up the doors to all immigrants don't you? Don't you realise the British already voted for Brexit for a reason.

I would say Britain showed empathy and Britain has been taken for a ride, we could argue that Britain probably has reaped what it sowed but it has certainly been on a jolly EU ride these few years.

Yep. My issue has been and always will be trafficking issues which is only possible because it's in the EU.

You get people from left right and centre able to come here no questions asked, bringing drugs, disease, weapons, other people lol, and poverty when they are prioritised to snatch up residences!! And yes, jobs. It pisses me the **** off to no end. I'm not saying no foreigners, but I am saying way less.

Back to multiculturalism, which I think is doing fine generally, but for those who don't want to integrate, first of all that's their choice but most of all the white britons who don't integrate it's normally because they think the same that I've written in my first part. They feel cheated and ignored at the end of the day, so who will play nice? Foreigners refuse to get this when it's blatant.

Good idea🤓
Original post by gazlives

History tells us that when we have large cultures that have opposing value systems living side by side we first get Balkanisation and some time later war.

No, this is typically what foreign correspondent journalists tell us history tells us. Actual historians ridicule the infamous "ancient hatreds" trope and the idea that ethnic/cultural fractionalisation inherently causes conflict. Indeed, James Fearon and David Laitin pretty conclusively disproved it empirically.

Islam, in particular, is structured entirely differently from the culturally inherited faith of Christianity (and all other major religions)

No, in the grand scheme of things, Christianity and Islam are pretty similar. Both have their roots in Judaism, and share much of the same mythological tradition and theological background. The Dharmic religions stem from a completely different background and tradition (with the partial exception of Sikhism, which was influenced by both Islam and Hinduism).

Significant and foundational aspects of Islamic doctrine and faith, including many of it's 'revealed' truths, is diametrically opposed to typical western cultural norms such as equality before the law (Sharia provides different laws depending on whether you are female/male, muslim or non-muslim), freedom of expression (blasphemy laws still favoured by UK Islamic adherents according to latest surveys), separation of church and state (in fact Islam has the exact opposite).

These are mostly true for the other Abrahamic religions as well. We developed these things despite Christianity, not because of it.

It's also the only major religion that has no golden rule.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule#Islam

This presents a major challenge to any western country in trying to integrate immigrants from Islamic cultures. No one seems to have the answer that doesn't include human beings changing their fundamental nature such as in-group preference.I urge you to visit places like Dewsbury where the Pakistani immigrants have reproduced as closely as possible their native culture in a new land.

I live quite near Dewsbury and go there occasionally. Having never been to Pakistan, I can't confirm any of this, but I sincerely doubt that a similar-sized small town in Pakistan looks anything like Dewsbury.
Original post by anarchism101

No, in the grand scheme of things, Christianity and Islam are pretty similar.

There are two significant differences. The first is that Islam has no golden rule. The second is that Islam is purposely written as a politico-religious ideology and specifically states that its rules are the true word of its god, perfect and cannot be changed.

Christianity, on the other hand, has huge amounts of wriggle room, including the example of Christ's driving a coach and horses through the old laws and preachers. Mohammed, meanwhile, used his followers' superstitious propensity to drive through rules and views that allowed him to fulfil his military and political ambitions and to stifle challenges.

Hence, Islam both originated in and remains stuck in seventh century desert morality and culture and cannot develop as society develops. This partially, even largely, explains why Islamic countries are where they are today.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by anarchism101

I live quite near Dewsbury and go there occasionally. Having never been to Pakistan, I can't confirm any of this, but I sincerely doubt that a similar-sized small town in Pakistan looks anything like Dewsbury.

Fellow northerner! :five:

Hence, Islam is both originated and remains stuck in seventh century desert morality and culture and cannot develop as society develops. This partially, even largely, explains why Islamic countries are where they are today.

Yes I'm sure 20th century colonialism has nothing to do with it at all. :rolleyes:

For example after world war 1 we literally just divided up the middleeast along arbitary lines without any thought of what the consequences would be ffs.

We ovethrew a democratic government in Iran in the 50s which essentially lead to the Muslim fascists getting in charge in the Islamic revolution decades later.

Like the west spent the Cold War fuelling Islamism. We gave the Taliban training and guns to fight the Russians. Now we are all like "where did these guys come from!?" :rofl:
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending