The Student Room Group

bible disguised as quran

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luke7456
This isn't shocking at all it highlights what a lot of us on the right have been saying for some time. Christianity and Judaism have many similar problems to Islam the difference is Main stream Christians moved on and discarded much of that nonsense today.

There are very concerning passages in the Bible just as there in the Koran but the difference is the vast majority of Christians today in the western world do not follow such disgusting practices or ideas anymore.

Many individuals coming from Islamic countries still follow these passages.

Hopefully in time The Islamic world will modernize in a similar way and abandon oppressive ideas and values and keep the positive parts of Islam then very few people will have a problem with it.

However that is unlikely to happen if we continue political correctness and always submit to their outrageous Cultures and ideas rather then holding them to our standards so that they eventually assimilate into our society whilst allowing mass Immigration and subsidizing them to have huge families so they can become the majority.

I am aware if you back far enough Christian society really was not much better but we improved and moved on. lets not go backwards.

Exactly this. People think christianity is more peaceful because as a majority it has demonstrated itself to be.
the video is very misleading but meh
Id like to see quran disguised as Bible. Or something random like uni text?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by da_nolo
Id like to see quran disguised as Bible. Or something random like uni text?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be interesting to see
The difference is that Christianity is reformed. The Old Testament (Jewish Law) isn't followed especially with Jesus even criticising Mosaic law i.e Christians being able to eat pork, shellfish etc. Slightly off topic but Jesus went against the Old Testament e.g. by saying "... “Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them.” Mark 7:14-23 (Yay to bacon)!!!
Reply 25
Yeah, all religion has that sort of violence sadly, but Christian countries have managed to brush it out of their culture. Culture and ideology is the issue here, its hard for people to understand that Christianity and Judaism once had violent groups, some are still around today. Islam is one of the later religions so its going through its evolving period later than the others but with global interference it may be a little more complicated considering the actions of the west are what they're against, for example homosexuality, the acceptance came and Christian's were hugely against it now they look at Islam as if they don't understand what the issue is with it.

While Christianity changed as a religion, Judaism and Islam evolve with culture. For Islam that culture has been going backwards rather than forwards in recent years but if you blame one religion, you should be aware of what the others teach before preaching.
(edited 7 years ago)
If they had asked Christian members of the public, they would without a doubt have been able to tell those verses were from the bible. A christian could at least argue that since the coming of Jesus, many of the old testament laws are now obselete.

Still, I think this is good for raising awareness for people who grew up in neither christian or muslim households. Just because someone self identifies as muslim, doesn't mean they take everything in the Quran at face value - like many christians
Original post by tammie123
Wait what horrible practises do most muslims still follow, could you please elaborate?

Stoning women, alienating their gay communities, shunning democracy, human rights, you know, just a few fundamental things.

PS: and the fact that apostasy is still a crime in many Islamic countries.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Stoning women, alienating their gay communities, shunning democracy, human rights, you know, just a few fundamental things.

PS: and the fact that apostasy is still a crime in many Islamic countries.

And where is your proof that most muslims do this? There are 1.6 billion muslims in the world, just bear that in mind before you tar them all with the same brush.
And where is your proof that most muslims do this? There are 1.6 billion muslims in the world, just bear that in mind before you tar them all with the same brush.

Well 50% of Muslims in the U.K. think homosexuality should be illegal, that's 1.35 million regressives who probably don't want to go by the British way of life.

I'm not painting all Muslims with the same brush, that's a clear straw man. I'm saying there are serious issues with the Islamic faith that need to be addressed.
Well 50% of Muslims in the U.K. think homosexuality should be illegal, that's 1.35 million regressives who probably don't want to go by the British way of life.

I'm not painting all Muslims with the same brush, that's a clear straw man. I'm saying there are serious issues with the Islamic faith that need to be addressed.

You said most muslims.
You said most muslims.

I assure you I didn't.
I assure you I didn't.

I asked you what horrible practises most muslims still follow before you answered remember. All I'm saying is be careful, don't take spreading hate so lightly as it can have serious consequences and you could end up having blood on your hands. Just saying
I asked you what horrible practises most muslims still follow before you answered remember.

You should pay more attention to whom you are replying. You asked that question of someone else.
Original post by Good bloke
You should pay more attention to whom you are replying. You asked that question of someone else.

Yes but he answered that question, maybe he needs to pay more attention
Great idea, but they kind of missed the control condition i.e. just reading these passages out of the Bible candidly and getting people's reactions.

I love the fact that they swear in English though.
I asked you what horrible practises most muslims still follow before you answered remember.

And I answered. Just because you said "most Muslims" doesn't mean that by association I do.

Just saying...

All I'm saying is be careful, don't take spreading hate so lightly as it can have serious consequences and you could end up having blood on your hands. Just saying

Blood on my hands? Is that a threat?

You're barmy.
Yes but he answered that question, maybe he needs to pay more attention

Or maybe you need to improve your comprehension skills?
Or maybe you need to improve your comprehension skills?

Oh come on, you answered my question, if that isn't what you meant you should have clarified.
You said most muslims.

Still a significant amount.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending