The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why does the left love Islam so much?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabz152
Okay get your facts right here that wasn't a joke -in Islam you can't draw the prophet so drawing the prophet isn't a joke it is disrespect

A joke, disrespect, it doesn't matter. Islam is fair game for either.
Original post by Sabz152
Okay get your facts right here that wasn't a joke -in Islam you can't draw the prophet so drawing the prophet isn't a joke it is disrespect and you put ask me whether they deserved that painful death I think they should have thought about what they was doing was right I am sure they wouldn't have liked it if their religion was insulted.

Ffs woman answer my question!

If it was disrespect they should've perhaps written a formal letter of complaint. Not killed the editors to the point the new editors are guarded everyday when they work because of what happened.
Insulted? Perhaps. Killed a bunch of innocent people? No.

And why should people have to tiptoe around a backward, archaic religion that's incompatible with Western culture?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
A joke, disrespect, it doesn't matter. Islam is fair game for either.

I can't believe this user is for real.
Reply 63
Original post by biglad2k16
I was pointing out that this thread wasn't about Indian immigration. It's about mass migration from Islamic countries, so India had no relevance here.

I wasn't implying that refugees aren't educated, but most of them aren't particularly educated, just like most people in most countries. However, we only allow educated people from other countries (outside the EU) to come here legally.

I totally agree with you on the point about Indian immigrants, many Indians coming into the country are doctors or well educated.
Indians in America are doing good too, they are richest minority and most have top jobs in companies like Microsoft, Apple and NASA.
Reply 64
Original post by Sabz152
Okay get your facts right here that wasn't a joke -in Islam you can't draw the prophet so drawing the prophet isn't a joke it is disrespect and you put ask me whether they deserved that painful death I think they should have thought about what they was doing was right I am sure they wouldn't have liked it if their religion was insulted.

I wouldn't like it if Jesus was disrespected and he does constantly get disrespected on mainstream comedy shows and you don't see Christians shooting anyone for it. Christians can accept that they live in a country where we have freedom of speech, and that allows anyone to insult any religion.

Islam's stance on drawing the prophet does not matter in the UK because the UK is not governed by Islamic law.
Original post by Sabz152

It was a YES/NO answer - answer her.

As far as I can remember, no one in Charlie Hebdo is Muslim, and most of us, including me, don't give a **** about your Islamic laws preventing the drawing of your prophet.

Satire is their job, and they do it very well indeed.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

I'm quite sure he isn't.
Reply 67
Original post by Sabz152
Okay do you have any proof that refugees aren't educated?

I'm not saying that they all aren't educated.

They can't even answer your question :lol:

Or maybe they refuse to.
Original post by Dodgypirate
It was a YES/NO answer - answer her.

As far as I can remember, no one in Charlie Hebdo is Muslim, and most of us, including me, don't give a **** about your Islamic laws preventing the drawing of your prophet.

Satire is their job, and they do it very well indeed.

She can't answer me because it's a yes.

And I find it lovely how after the attacks, the sales of Charlie Hebdo shot up. RIP to the writers.
Original post by peeked
No Indians are no where near Muslims when it comes to overeating. Also why would insult Hinduism in the first place, the only major insult to it is I completely disagree with the caste system but nearly all young Hindus disagree with the caste system and no-one would be offended if you point this out. I'm from a Sikh family but my parents have Hindu beliefs and both of them disagree with the caste system strongly. So Hindus are tolerant and Sikhs are extremely tolerant.

Because their Gods are ****ing hideous! At least the Abrahamic God is "mysterious".

I agree though that radical Islam is a bigger threat.

Can you worship **** like this? vvv

Spoiler

Original post by Cherub012
Because their Gods are ****ing hideous! At least the Abrahamic God is "mysterious".

I agree though that radical Islam is a bigger threat.

Spoiler

She is the epitome of the "I don't need no man to tell me what to do."
Original post by peeked
Nope homosexuality is punishable by death in some Islamic countries such as Saudi Arabia and Iran for example.

Jesus Christ. In Islam homosexuality is punished with lashes. What a *****y backwards country like Saudia Arabia does is not held up to a pedestal.
She is the epitome of the "I don't need no man to tell me what to do."

Maybe if her dress was slightly shorter, I could possibly warm to her.
Reply 74
In the UK and other Western nations, everyone has a right to make fun of any religion they want. No one has the right to punish people for doing this.
Reply 75
Original post by Sabz152
Okay do you have any proof that refugees aren't educated?

Yes most refugees aren't educated, in fact some of them are fighting age men from other countries who claim to be 'Syrian' but are from places like Pakistan.
They are causing lots of problems in countries like Sweden and Germany who have been ruined by refugees.
Both of my parents are Indian immigrants and the whole thing saddens me a lot as this makes all non-white people look bad:frown:. My parents work hard and are integrated into British society. I work very hard at school and want to be a doctor.

So only few of the refugees are educated and willing/able contribute to western society in a positive way. But no, these guys want things like Sharia Law and all that in these countries.
She can't answer me because it's a yes.

And I find it lovely how after the attacks, the sales of Charlie Hebdo shot up. RIP to the writers.

They were very brave indeed - RIP.

She's an apologist.

Fair enough. I feel embarrassed that this many agreed with it being a crime, but is there a poll to see how many British Christians or atheists believe it should be a crime?
Reply 78
Original post by airportsh8me
Jesus Christ. In Islam homosexuality is punished with lashes. What a *****y backwards country like Saudia Arabia does is not held up to a pedestal.

Yes but these people are Muslims and they are killing people for being gay, you cannot argue with that.
Original post by peeked
I totally agree with you on the point about Indian immigrants, many Indians coming into the country are doctors or well educated.
Indians in America are doing good too, they are richest minority and most have top jobs in companies like Microsoft, Apple and NASA.

I've had quite a few Indians and Pakistanis try and scam me on the phone. Hopefully we can keep these lot out.

Latest

Trending

Trending