The Student Room Group

Are paedophiles only men?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Black Cat

Meaning of “paedophile” in the English Dictionary

someone who is sexually interested in children

Ironic.

a 17 year old is technically a child, yet most people wouldn't class an adult having sex with her a peadophile.

the law certainly does not class an adult having sex with her as a pedophile.

yes a paedophile is someone who is interested in children, but children in a specified range and physical stage of development.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[1][2] Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12,[3] criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.[1] A person who is diagnosed with pedophilia must be at least 16 years old, and at least five years older than the prepubescent child, for the attraction to be diagnosed as pedophilia.[1][2]
When people say 'paedophile' they really mean the much worse child abuser / rapist / child threatener. It's a huge difference - the difference between thinking "That's an attractive sports car" and "I'm going to steal that sports car and manhandle it without its owner's legal consent"
In defence of some paedophiles, something must be severely lacking in you as an adult woman if a guy finds a pre-pubescent more attractive than you.
Nah it could be anyone like I'm sure people at my school are proper pardons plus some people I bumped into because they take advantage of everything. I stopped giving a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: though but they get even more perverted when you tell them to piss off.
Most dumb title I've seen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending