The Student Room Group

Why so much emphasis?!

Have you ever wondered why:
we view girls without makeup as generally 'ugly'...
BUT
boys never wear makeup(generally, yet we still find them attractive?

Maybe we have double standards for girls?
Maybe boys are born with pinker lips, 'smokier' eyes etc :P
Original post by anotheruserontsr
BUT

Maybe its because a lot of girls are naturally attractive but the amount of make up they put on ruins their face and so they look much less attractive when they remove it which causes them to wear more and the cycle continues.

Feminists before you go off on one, im not saying women shouldnt wear make up im just saying the majority of people over do it a little.
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Maybe its because a lot of girls are naturally attractive but the amount of make up they put on ruins their face and so they look much less attractive when they remove it which causes them to wear more and the cycle continues.

Feminists before you go off on one, im not saying women shouldnt wear make up im just saying the majority of people over do it a little.

Hmmm maybe, or maybe because like...

Have you noticed how you think that someone is attractive(without akeup)
but then you see them with makeup...and then again without it...and now you think they're uglier... :P
I dig freckles but thats just me
BUT

Original post by kfrostmu
i dig freckles but thats just me

omg i love freckles!!!
Reply 5
BUT

Speak for yourself.
Hmmm maybe, or maybe because like...

Have you noticed how you think that someone is attractive(without akeup)
but then you see them with makeup...and then again without it...and now you think they're uglier... :P

Yes ive noticed that effect- it`s because your mind gets accustomed to the new perceived level of attractiveness that person has and so is confused when the apparent attractiveness goes and you perceive them as less attractive than before.
Lol

omg i love freckles!!!
BUT

Is this really a question? The point of make up is to make people look more attractive thus when make up is removed the person will look less attractive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
quite simple really, we are attracted to people who appear to be in good health and who are young, this makes them the best mothers and gives babies the best chance of being a healthy baby. When a girl puts on make up it makes their skin smoother = makes them look more youthful and healthy.
Men are not the ones who give birth to the baby or raise the baby so it does not matter as much, what women are attractd to are physical strength so that they can be protected and the man can go out and hunt and protect the famil.y

I am just speaking in a biological sense, we are animals and that's where this stuff comes from.

Of course we do.

Different traits are considered attractive in men and women. Women are judged on their unconsciously perceived suitability as child-bearers and primary caregivers, and men as providers and protectors.

Makeup tends to be used to make women appear more youthful and healthy, which are advantageous traits when bearing offspring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending