The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Who is at fault Palestine or Israel?

What do you think about this war and who rightfully owns the land of Palestine, the Arabs or the Jews. I think personally the right owner is the Arabs as its their land and the Jews migrated to Palestine after the Holocaust and took over it. Britain and America started this mess which has led to thousands of deaths daily on both sides especially Palestine as Israel have the support of the rich countries like Britain and USA etc. Who do you think is the rightful owner of Palestine and why do you think so? Explanations would be much appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The objective truth is that it is Palestine. Jewish israeli settlers are violating UN laws that get vetoed by America.

This isn't a debate or an argument.
Original post by quwhdj
What do you think about this war and who rightfully owns the land of Palestine, the Arabs or the Jews. I think personally the right owner is the Arabs as its their land and the Jews migrated to Palestine after the Holocaust and took over it. Britain and America started this mess which has led to thousands of deaths daily on both sides especially Palestine as Israel have the support of the rich countries like Britain and USA etc. Who do you think is the rightful owner of Palestine and why do you think so? Explanations would be much appreciated

They are both at fault but if one had to pick a side it would have to be Israel they are far more civilised and they have always been on the defensive ever since the country came into being.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by quwhdj
What do you think about this war and who rightfully owns the land of Palestine, the Arabs or the Jews.

No-one. There is no-one who illegitimately lives within that particular region. They are there, and a sensible solution would recognise that.

I think personally the right owner is the Arabs as its their land and the Jews migrated to Palestine after the Holocaust and took over it.

I think that's a very, very sketchy understanding of history there.

Britain and America started this mess

Rubbish. Britain took on a League of Nations mandate in Palestine following the collapse of the Ottoman Empire in the First World War, with the aim of bringing around peace and stable self-government. We were attacked, bombed and shot at by extremists from both sides. We abandoned it when it became clear that there was no potential for state-building and when independence of Jordan was secured.

The UN approved a partition plan - although the United States then proposed a UN trusteeship of the area and the UK said it would not be imposed against Arab disagreement. In the end, there was a civil war. We couldn't resolve it.

which has led to thousands of deaths daily on both sides especially Palestine as Israel have the support of the rich countries like Britain and USA etc.

The UK has worked with both Israel and the representatives of the Palestinian people in the past. We are not allies of one side in the dispute. For instance, the UK has continually condemned Israeli settlements in what we - formally - call the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
Reply 4
Original post by quwhdj
What do you think about this war and who rightfully owns the land of Palestine, the Arabs or the Jews.

No-one. There is no-one who illegitimately lives within that particular region. They are there, and a sensible solution would recognise that.

I think personally the right owner is the Arabs as its their land and the Jews migrated to Palestine after the Holocaust and took over it.

I think that's a very, very sketchy understanding of history there.

Britain and America started this mess

Rubbish. Britain took on a League of Nations mandate in Palestine following the collapse of the Ottoman Empire in the First World War, with the aim of bringing around peace and stable self-government. We were attacked, bombed and shot at by extremists from both sides.

We abandoned it when it became clear that there was no potential for state-building and when independence of Jordan was secured. The UN approved a partition plan - although the United States then proposed a UN trusteeship of the area and the UK said it would not be imposed against Arab disagreement.

Mahmoud Abbas later said this was a mistake from the Arab side. In the end, there was a civil war. We couldn't resolve it.

which has led to thousands of deaths daily on both sides especially Palestine as Israel have the support of the rich countries like Britain and USA etc.

The UK has worked with both Israel and the representatives of the Palestinian people in the past. We are not allies of one side in the dispute. For instance, the UK has continually condemned Israeli settlements in what we - formally - call the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
Neither, support of either side leads to antisemitism or islamophobia. **** em both.
Reply 6
Obviously Israel is at fault.
Not exactly hard to work out when your land has been stolen from you
#freepalestine

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is not black and white answer. It's a very complex affair dating far back into history.

I feel for the Palestinians, they have every right to be aggrieved, yet at the same time I understand the motives behind Israel's strategies. If I had to pick a side I would support the Israelis. Mainly because they are the only civilised nation in the Middle East and face enemies that are ideologically driven to remove them off the planet.
Original post by quwhdj
What do you think about this war and who rightfully owns the land of Palestine, the Arabs or the Jews. I think personally the right owner is the Arabs as its their land and the Jews migrated to Palestine after the Holocaust and took over it

There has never been a civilisation or a nation referred to as "Palestine" and the very notion of a "Palestinian Arab nation" having ancient attachments to the Holy Land going back to time immemorial is one of the biggest hoaxes.

There is not, nor has there ever been, a distinct "Palestinian" culture or language. Further, there has never been a Palestinian state governed BY Arab Palestinians in history, nor was there ever a serious Arab-Palestinian national movement until 1964 - three years before the Arabs of "Palestine" lost the "West Bank" and Gaza as a result of losing the 1967 Six-Day War (which the Arabs started)...
Reply 9
Palestine is clearly the victim it isn't hard to work this out if you have a brain. Like they violate basic human rights.:colonhash:
[video="vimeo;50531435"]https://vimeo.com/50531435[/video]
https://vimeo.com/50531435

We need to get rid of the sentiments in the video above, and only then can blame be assigned for the atrocities between both sides and some kind of peace be established. The real problem with Israel versus Palestine is that it's not just one country versus another but one religion versus another.
Reply 11
Original post by Enough1sEnough
Israel the Jews are the victims of course! 6 gajillion jooooooooz! NEVAR FORGAT!

Millions of Jews came to Palestine after surving the Holocaust (Wow that's a lot of survivors) they kicked Palestinians out of their homes and have expanded ever since

At least Hitler didn't bulldoze peoples homes

Btw has anyone noticed the USA has more Jews than anywhere and practically all of them will say how their grandparents "Survived"

This means there's an awful lot of fking survivors given how many Jews were even at Europe at the time.

LIARS! DECEIVERS!

There death toll has been exaggerated 6 fold...

You idiot, obviously the grandparents of the people who are ALIVE TODAY survived or they wouldn't be ALIVE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by quwhdj
I think personally the right owner is the Arabs as its their land

Arabs failed to provide any valid certificate of ownership. :cool:
Netanyahu calls to dismantle UN refugee agency for Palestinians...

Gee I can't think why Palestinians might be anti-semetic...

:s-smilie:
Reply 14
Original post by BigBroWatchin
Netanyahu calls to dismantle UN refugee agency for Palestinians...

Gee I can't think why Palestinians might be anti-semetic...

:s-smilie:

Don't insult our intelligence. What is being suggested is that the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East be merged into the more modern UN High Commission for Refugees. There are no other regions with their own particular UN agency and, since the formation of the UNHCR, all that would do is create a level of normality.
obvs Israel is at fault they stole someone else landed and labeled it as the 'promised land'. And ur talking about civilisation? a country where BLACK refugees and immigrants are physically abused and hurt for not being a jew, sound quite civilised to me. Palestine will be free one day inshallah
Jews, Muslims and Christians lived in that region before the creation of Israel.

Mass migration and extreme views and demands from the zionists from Europe kicked off a lot of issues.

That's in the past however. No point looking back. At the very least, the illegal settlement being built into Palestinian lands need to stop. (And less aggression being shown by Hamas and Israel). After that, we can look to find a amicable solution.
(edited 6 years ago)

It's unbelievable how none of you believers will even debunk what I say instead call me names.

Historians already did, only you don't read the books that are against your beliefs.

Millions of Jews came to Palestine after surving the Holocaust (Wow that's a lot of survivors)

Why so much irony?

Casualties of the Jewish nation in WWII were about 32%. It's stiill millions.

Jews are the biggest terrorists in the world. In fact in Europe, Jews were actually terrorising before the Nazi's came into power.

For example this man. Is he not a Jew?
406px-CommieMassMurderer.jpg

Again I know I'll be banned for this. I'll likely have TSR users attack me as it goes against their "Jews are the victims" narrative.

You would be right if you were speaking about Bolsheviks. Russia had large Jewish population, blended into most of classes, it is obvious and natural they'll be found everywhere. Why you're not blaming the Georgians, Russians and Poles for being in the Bolshevik party?

Exposing Jews and their crimes is considered hate speech. This only applies to Jews. They have immunity to everything. This has to stop and it will stop if the masses especially the anti-fa (who are typically anti-Israel ironically) stop fighting free speech.

It is hate speech because you're barking at the wrong tree. It's not the Jews to blame, but particular ideologies. The Bolsheviks had members of many nations. Was Stalin Jewish? Was Beria Jewish? Was Trocki Jewish? Was Dzierzynski Jewish?
(edited 6 years ago)
Israels at fault
Israel was required to withdraw from all the territories seized in the war under the United Nations Security Council Resolution 242, adopted months after the Six-Day War, in November 1967; but the Tel Aviv regime has been in non-compliance of that piece of international law ever since.
but everyone will turn a blind eye cause of the holocaust
Original post by Azahaniel80085
Israels at fault
Israel was required to withdraw from all the territories seized in the war under the United Nations Security Council Resolution 242, adopted months after the Six-Day War, in November 1967; but the Tel Aviv regime has been in non-compliance of that piece of international law ever since.
but everyone will turn a blind eye cause of the holocaust

Israel was attacked before that war as well but let's ignore that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending