The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

This photograph went viral today, what does it make you think?

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure if she really wanted to go in the water as well she would have done. Yes, her clothes would have been soaking wet, but I assume she has spare ones at home to change into?
It made my heart jump because I thought it was something supernatural watching them:yikes:
The treachery of images.

Ceci n'est pas une pipe
- Magritte 1928

(edited 6 years ago)
Oh Thor, just looking at the burqa makes me feel hot.

Original post by ClearSky
Is there something wrong with the picture?
I see it to be absolutely fine :s-smilie:

Maybe she wants to join in?
Original post by orderofthelotus
Oh Thor, just looking at the burqa makes me feel hot.

:sexface:
Original post by Meany Pie
:sexface:

You know what I meant. :rofl3: I used to wear that aside from the niqab and I couldn't stand British summers.
You know what I meant. :rofl3: I used to wear that aside from the niqab and I couldn't stand British summers.

:shock:

I can't even stand British summers normally
:shock:

I can't even stand British summers normally

Exactly, considering the dizzy spells I got this summer, I have no idea how I dealt with it. I fasted one summer, too, with all that on. o.o
Exactly, considering the dizzy spells I got this summer, I have no idea how I dealt with it. I fasted one summer, too, with all that on. o.o

**** that. I would probably die :rip:

Maybe she wants to join in?

She probably does :yep: and the burka make you a little hot but it ain't that bad :smile:

I still don't understand why it went viral or what's wrong with it. :s-smilie:
She probably does :yep: and the burka make you a little hot but it ain't that bad :smile:

It's pretty awful, from experience. Fabric everywhere. :dontknow:

It's probably a discussion about whether or not she could join in that's made it go viral.
It's pretty awful, from experience. Fabric everywhere. :dontknow:

It's probably a discussion about whether or not she could join in that's made it go viral.

I wear it :yep: but everyone says I have very cold blood so I don't feel hot easily :dontknow:

That makes more sense :yep:
she looks cool
Original post by Picnic1
I'm concerned that this has been shared for slightly or largely racist reasons by some irreverent, but not as charming as they think they are, individual.

Please learn what racism is.
Reply 34
Original post by Abu_Lahab
don't you think she wants to join in?

I think she wants to follow her religion more.
Fake af lmao
Permission is not needed for pictures taken in public. Ever been asked to be recorded on CCTV?

Whilst I appreciate what I said could be construed as implying that I think that
permission legally has to be given, I now clarify that's not what I meant.

The main gist of my post is meant to be why did they take this picture. What is the
message that they are trying to convey.

The contrast between the nearly clotheless swimmers and the heavy clad person,
possibly the mother, on the beach suggests a power difference, that it looks sinister, like the Grim Reaper or Darth Vader.

But is that either necessarily revealing of a truth that might not have occurred to the swimmers themselves in a light family moment or funny? Neither to me so what's the point?
(edited 6 years ago)
Whats the problem?
Possible solution:

Though it wouldn't feel as good as warm sea water on bare skin.
(edited 6 years ago)

The obvious connotation is that the father and child are allowed to undress and swim in the water, while she is not.

Whether that is the case in this particular case im not sure, but such things do happen.

Latest

Trending

Trending