The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

The Official Applicants Thread for Keele 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by squirrology
How long did it take to get a response? I applied for Biology with foundation year last week Monday. (Although I'm currently doing a degree apprenticeship - I've applied for it as I've recently been undecided on whether to continue)
Ooh I didn't know this.:smile: Let us know how you do.:wink:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Name: Jacob
Course: Geography
Predicted grades: BBCC
Also applying to: Southampton, Reading, QMUL, and Greenwich
Name: The Goat
Course: Neuroscience with foundation year
Predicted grades: N/A (Mature Student just about)
Also applying to: BCU, Aston, Staffordshire and Wolverhampton

I'm just glad to have got my application sent off in time. I don't think it could have gone any worse. From my initial referee not getting back to me to the email not getting through to second referee. But somehow managed to get it off moments before the deadline.
Original post by 04MR17
Ooh I didn't know this.:smile: Let us know how you do.:wink:

Yeah, will do :biggrin:

I actually applied to Keele for 2017 entry to study Computer Science, and it was my insurance offer, then I "released" myself from Kent and was almost about to go, Keele, as they successfully re-considered me and even had spaces left, but I chose the degree apprenticeship in the end.

Hopefully, I get an offer this time around, but I'm having doubts.
So i've had all my offers back now. I applied to do my degree with a foundation year as from what I've read if you have been out if education for more than 3 years its advisable. The other 3 unis all sent me an email/called to say they didnt believe that I need to do the foundation year! The only uni that has asked me to do the foundation year is Keele! Very irritating as I really had Keele as my top choice. Now I don't know what to do!?
Yeah, will do :biggrin:

I actually applied to Keele for 2017 entry to study Computer Science, and it was my insurance offer, then I "released" myself from Kent and was almost about to go, Keele, as they successfully re-considered me and even had spaces left, but I chose the degree apprenticeship in the end.

Hopefully, I get an offer this time around, but I'm having doubts.
Well best of luck, I'm sure you'll be fab.:yep:

I have a friend doing CompSci and History (Keele = mad combos :lol:) and she seems to enjoy it.:smile:
Original post by Bethnew
So i've had all my offers back now. I applied to do my degree with a foundation year as from what I've read if you have been out if education for more than 3 years its advisable. The other 3 unis all sent me an email/called to say they didnt believe that I need to do the foundation year! The only uni that has asked me to do the foundation year is Keele! Very irritating as I really had Keele as my top choice. Now I don't know what to do!?
Choose whichever course looks the best to you. If you believe that that foundation year is worth doing, come to Keele. If you prefer the look of some of the other course, (I.e. after looking at the module choices etc) then go with those instead.:smile:

You're the one who makes the decision. Choose the course that's best for you.:smile:
Original post by Kezzia
Kezzia
London
Law
AAA
Warwick, Cambridge, Birmingham and York!

did u go copthall?
Original post by 04MR17
Choose whichever course looks the best to you. If you believe that that foundation year is worth doing, come to Keele. If you prefer the look of some of the other course, (I.e. after looking at the module choices etc) then go with those instead.:smile:

You're the one who makes the decision. Choose the course that's best for you.:smile:

Yeah well I thought i had to do a foundation year, as ive been out of education for 6 years, and then my other 3 choices were like no, your capable of going straight into the degree course, the foundation will be a waste. So its a bit annoying as it means Keele will take an extra year compared to the others now, even though the modules on the degree itself look the most interesting.
Original post by Bethnew
Yeah well I thought i had to do a foundation year, as ive been out of education for 6 years, and then my other 3 choices were like no, your capable of going straight into the degree course, the foundation will be a waste. So its a bit annoying as it means Keele will take an extra year compared to the others now, even though the modules on the degree itself look the most interesting.
you could always ring Keele up to see if they'd also offer you the course without fy
Original post by 04MR17
you could always ring Keele up to see if they'd also offer you the course without fy

Yes thanks, i might email admisions/call, see what they say
Name: Squirrology
Course: Biology with Science foundation year
Predicted grades: Already achieved my grades in 2017, I'm currently doing a degree apprenticeship in software engineering but I want a career change.
Also applying to: UEA, Aston, Reading and Brighton

Got an unconditional offer from Biology with Science foundation year as I've only got Applied Biology at AS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If UEA gives me an offer I'm going to be in a sticky situation as I love both universities :redface:
Anyone going to the applicant day on the 4th February?

I'm going on the 21st. The campus looks gorgeous, can't wait to see all the squirrels. How about you?
Original post by gamendes
I'm going on the 21st. The campus looks gorgeous, can't wait to see all the squirrels. How about you?

From what I've seen in pictures and videos only, I agree. It has to be one of the best looking campuses in the UK + SAME!!!!! I love squirrels as you can probably tell from my username :lol:

I've registered to go on the 4th, so excited to visit the Midlands, I've only been to Nottingham. It's very rare for me to leave Essex/London.
(edited 6 years ago)
From what I've seen in pictures and videos only, I agree. It has to be one of the best looking campuses in the UK + SAME!!!!! I love squirrels as you can probably tell from my username :lol:

I've registered to go on the 4th, so excited to visit the Midlands, I've only been to Nottingham. It's very rare for me to leave Essex/London.

https://twitter.com/KeeleUniversity/status/955017391238348807

There is even a 'Squirrel Appreciation Day' :u:. Same for me, I can probably count the times I've left London on one hand. Love the city but I'm looking forward to seeing something different.
(edited 6 years ago)

I’ll be going on the 4th, looking forward to it!

Original post by gamendes
You may want to look at this thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4974106

:smile:
Hey,

I’m just wondering if anybody got an email from Keele’s International Recruitment & Development department about a Q & A call from a current student?

The ‘International’ part has me thinking that Keele is considering me to be an international student which might be because I didn’t claim dual nationality (UK passport & non-EU passport) so I’m worried this might cause problems when it comes to student finance.
Original post by iNicole14
Hey,

I’m just wondering if anybody got an email from Keele’s International Recruitment & Development department about a Q & A call from a current student?

^^

I got two emails from them too. I'm Brazilian/Italian but have always lived in UK and am applying as a UK student. I think they just send it to everyone but a quick email should sort it out if that's not the case.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest