The Student Room Group

Donate some glasses!

Hey all,*

I am not a representative of any NGO/organisation, instead, I am a student who has the goal of providing better and more affordable access to less developed countries.*

Some of the bigger, well known organisations waste the majority of their resources in their own sectors rather than helping those who actually need it.*

Therefore, I have decided to make my own contribution towards helping those in need and I'm not asking for any funds .... all I would like you to donate, is your old glasses .... these would then be taken by me to regular visits in India, where I merge with local/rural eye centres and hospitals, and provide correct prescription lenses.*
I have almost a years experience in Optics and also work in a hospital eye clinic.*

I urge you to donate, or even join this project with me if you want and feel the enthusiasm to help those in need.*

I am based in London, and can travel anywhere to collect.

Please reply here or PM for details!
Original post by Hopefullyamedic
Hey all,*

I am not a representative of any NGO/organisation, instead, I am a student who has the goal of providing better and more affordable access to less developed countries.*

Some of the bigger, well known organisations waste the majority of their resources in their own sectors rather than helping those who actually need it.*

Therefore, I have decided to make my own contribution towards helping those in need and I'm not asking for any funds .... all I would like you to donate, is your old glasses .... these would then be taken by me to regular visits in India, where I merge with local/rural eye centres and hospitals, and provide correct prescription lenses.*
I have almost a years experience in Optics and also work in a hospital eye clinic.*

I urge you to donate, or even join this project with me if you want and feel the enthusiasm to help those in need.*

I am based in London, and can travel anywhere to collect.

Please reply here or PM for details!

* <<< Not meant to be there, popped up after the post... please ignore all asterisk signs .. thanks!
What a strange donation request. Glasses are by prescription, one persons glasses will probably be useless to another person.
Reply 3
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
What a strange donation request. Glasses are by prescription, one persons glasses will probably be useless to another person.

Actually it is not strange at all. Lenses can be replaced and they are actually pretty cheap. Frames can be reused. Even slightly broken ones can be fixed and donated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending