The Student Room Group

I ain't buying any of this 'International Womens Day' / female self promotion

Scroll to see replies

So you are stereotyping him? So if you happen to be born poor then your opinion is automatically worth less? That is like saying, "She is a woman which means she is likely to be over-emotional, weak, vain and highly dependant on men so her vote on this matter weighs less than a mans". Do you not see the hypocrisy? For someone who claims to be a feminist you have very backward views on people.
Rather snobbish viewpoint.
Original post by FrankGary
So you are stereotyping him? So if you happen to be born poor then your opinion is automatically worth less? That is like saying, "She is a woman which means she is likely to be over-emotional, weak, vain and highly dependant on men so her vote on this matter weighs less than a mans". Do you not see the hypocrisy? For someone who claims to be a feminist you have very backward views on people.

Its a fact of life that poor people are more likely to be uneducated, at least here in the U.K. I'm not saying his opinion is any less valid than mine, just that his and my socioeconomic backgrounds are quite different. It's quite possible that his parents are educated professionals but it's unlikely.

FYI, I'm not a feminist, I hold a lot of views that actually go against feminism. I just posted to make the point that his observations aren't scientifically valid and therefore his point is meaningless
Reply 183
Of course - because you are better than that right. You're a girl, so powerful.
Reply 184
Original post by Becca G
Have you even looked at the posts from the prick who started this thread? He literally told someone to get back in the kitchen, and tried to attack my writing style rather than the content of my posts, but noooo I’M the one who’s making it personal? I’m so done with you people.

You're suffering from your feminist syndrome again.

You've been having a right foul mouthed tirade at me since post 1.

The other girl seems to think it's funny to mock the fact I grew up on a council estate.

And you think I'm just going to take that?
Reply 185
Original post by aylee_
People like YOU are the reason WE need feminism

If it makes you feel better, bless you.
Original post by Toums
Of course - because you are better than that right. You're a girl, so powerful.

You're adorable though, telling me to get back in the kitchen :wink:
Reply 187
Original post by Becca G
Ladies- I present to you the typical Butt-hurt meninist. Common behaviours observed from this species includes: making everything about them, playing the victim and contradicting his own beliefs out of sheer stupidity (like telling ppl how attacked he is, whilst telling a woman to ‘get back in the kitchen’).
Their weakness is if you present actual facts and experience to them (since they have none of their own). Seeing as they have the same mentality as a man from the Middle Ages, just pretend you’re a strong independent woman who’s gonna steal his job, and it’ll be enough to send him crying back to his parent’s basement- where he will continue to dwell for 40 years.

Don't worry Becca - you're a strong independent woman far too good for me. You're oppressed and should feel sorry for yourself because you are amazing given the oppressions you face in this incredibly tough world that you have to live in. Really sorry for that - go girl!
Reply 188
Hang on - where did I say I can't compete? Did I ever say I can't compete? That I am incapable of competing? Stop putting words in my mouth.
Reply 189
Yes and you sound like a whore.

Happy?
Original post by Toums
Hang on - where did I say I can't compete? Did I ever say I can't compete? That I am incapable of competing? Stop putting words in my mouth.

You're the one here whining you aren't being given a fair chance because "teh womenz r taking my jobs" It's implied you don't feel confident in your own chances
Original post by Toums

Happy?

You better watch out Angry Redhead, his comebacks are getting progressively savage by the minute.
So you were born into wealth and had a good "education"(little good that has done) and that gives you the right to belittle someone because of their socioeconomic background(which they were born into just like yourself) yet still claim the moral high ground? You deserve a medal for that alone.
There are over a 100 posts so I can't say I have all the facts but which scientifically invalid observations did he make?
Original post by Toums

Happy?

-10 for the laughable insult attempt, I'm so offended :laugh: :laugh:
Original post by Becca G
You better watch out Angry Redhead, his comebacks are getting progressively savage by the minute.

From what I've read you swore a fair amount yourself. The kettle calling the pot black?
edit*
I don't condone people insulting each other tho
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Death and Taxes
To be fair you do seem to have an unhealthy fixation with feminism. As a consequence you come across as weak and emasculated.

A bit ad hominem, don't you think?
Reply 196
So you were born into wealth and had a good "education"(little good that has done) and that gives you the right to belittle someone because of their socioeconomic background(which they were born into just like yourself) yet still claim the moral high ground? You deserve a medal for that alone.
There are over a 100 posts so I can't say I have all the facts but which scientifically invalid observations did he make?

None. She's just trying to call me out on growing up in a council estate because her arguments have gone nowhere.

Who says I'm here for the moral high ground? I'm just bored at work and this guy is funny
Reply 198
But you didn't tell them what you said in a previous message right?
Looool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending