The Student Room Group

Who is the stronger sex and why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chichaldo
Your profile picture says otherwise my friend

Mate it's the student room, almost everybody saying they have sex is lying. You've not made a revelation 'ere.
On average, it is men that are more likely to be the
in term with natural strength then males but in terms with capabilities I.e. handle stuff at same time I.e. pregnancy and daily life (like work or chores) or having to go to work with cramps and bleeding (and the thought of it might leaking in your pants) then women. Males tend to exceed a particular thing than women but crap in everything else, whereas women are sort of all rounder.
Original post by EmilyH1256
Woman or Men?

i think they are both equal and everyone has different strengths, so both sex's are strong
Woman or Men?

Neither, humans are just a weak species.
Original post by ddsizebra
in term with natural strength then males but in terms with capabilities I.e. handle stuff at same time I.e. pregnancy and daily life (like work or chores) or having to go to work with cramps and bleeding (and the thought of it might leaking in your pants) then women. Males tend to exceed a particular thing than women but crap in everything else, whereas women are sort of all rounder.

I totally agree that a man can’t do pregnancy... or child birth... women deal with periods we deal with cramps we do child birth and menopause... a man can’t deal with that.. they are big cry babies wen they hand head colds but when a women mad head cold we still have to get out of bed take care of the kids u have them clean cook and work... granted men excel in other things more the women... but women also do things men can’t..
Original post by ThomH97
It is a generalisation, but that is what the question is asking for implicitly and most people would interpret it that way. If it were 'are all men stronger than all women' then you could just say no. But if you are making the distinction between two groups then you can work with averages and other statistical measures. Individual data is lost in any statistical calculation, but that doesn't mean they don't give meaningful information (and sometimes meaningless or even misleading information too, of course).

My point exactly Sir. However, as we can see in this topic, people have difficulties with understanding this, and some promote their wishful thinking.
Not to mention that even famous journalists like eg. Piers Morgan are unable to understand the issue.
So pretty much there will never be a agreement on this what so ever as long as we live..
Original post by Allie4
Physically - men
Mentally - women

How do you define 'mentally'?

All surveys on capabilities of male and female brains differ at around measurement errors.

Most if not all surveys from the XXth century suggested that men on average have IQ higher from 2 to 8 points, however they also suggested that there are more men below and over average level, while women more often had an average level of intelligence. On the other hand, some newer surveys suggest that women are, on average, slightly more intelligent.
But its still debatable as many factors may affect the result and differences are insignificant.

On the other hand, the old school claimed that women on average have better memory, better perception of colours, and there were a few other minor differences. I don't know the new survey on memory, but it's inlikely that differences would be significant, and it's statistical data anyway.
Arguing if men or women are 'better' is like nationalism.
Woman or Men?

Men will generally say men.
I was reading something recently about applying to jobs(obviously all tests that had been done by this specific website, I can't say they are strictly fact but the author had a PhD in Gender Studies and psychology.
Say hypothetically that a job specification has 10 requirements to do the job.
If a woman knows she can do 8/10 she will typically not apply as she knows she isn't ready, and will return when she can do the full 10.
If a man knows he can do 3/10 he will typically apply anyway and then act as if he knows what he is doing.

I think that says a lot. Obviously a generalisation, but I've already seen men on this thread claiming they are ALL emotionally, physically stronger than women, I may as well throw another generalisation in there!

In my own opinion, if we just all got on despite what gender roles tell us we should do, then there wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately the patriarchy wouldn't allow this freedom world wide, that would be preposterous! Just keep smiling and you do you:biggrin:
Agree completely! There are generally more men known throughout history for their intelligence due to women being perceived as fragile, weak and housewives, meaning very few were ever credited for work they did do, and many weren't allowed to even venture into areas like literature, science etc.
This whole thread is a recreation of everybody who went to a mixed-sex Primary School experience "Nah-uh! Boys are much betteh than girls!" "OH. MY. GOD. Uh, that's not true! Girls are better than boys!
Reply 52
All of what I'm about say is on average:
Physically: Men are generally, naturally stronger because of testosterone.
Mentally: Varies, women are generally better than men at some mental functions (lingual, emotional) but men are also generally better than women at other mental functions (logical, analytical) so there's no definitive answer.
Emotionally: As I mentioned before women generally have a greater emotional intelligence meaning they can identify others emotions quite easily however they also tend to exhibit more emotion. This means that men can suppress their emotions much easier which makes them emotionally stronger.
Okay okay yea got us emotionally and like say physically it’s 50/50 cus women can be just as strong as a man but we got y’all mentality 9 times out of 10...

Sorry but in general guys are physically stronger than woman, always have been always will
Men vastly outnumber women at the genius end of the bell curve but also at the moron end.
Women outnumber men in the middle average zone.
There are waaaay more male Einstein's but also waaaay more male Jack the Rippers.
Original post by Sufyaan65
This whole thread is a recreation of everybody who went to a mixed-sex Primary School experience "Nah-uh! Boys are much betteh than girls!" "OH. MY. GOD. Uh, that's not true! Girls are better than boys!

Basically lol
How does one become emotionally strong?

Anyways, I would have said women are better in the kitchen but let's be honest, there are far more talented male chefs.

Men are no doubt funnier.

Leadership, probably men as well.

Creativity - more famous male artists/engineers/architects/inventors.

Women are only better carers especially for children.

Men are more attractive.

Spoiler

Original post by Just my opinion
Men vastly outnumber women at the genius end of the bell curve but also at the moron end.
Women outnumber men in the middle average zone.
There are waaaay more male Einstein's but also waaaay more male Jack the Rippers.

Lets be honest Jack the Ripper was a smart lad tbh
Fare enough, scrub that and make it Fred West.
Me. I’m the strongest. I’ll arm wrestle the lot of you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending