The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

should pedophiles get executed or just castrated? because

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The first thing I think of is women falsely accusing their husbands of rape so their pp gets cut off.

Castration would have to be used in circumstances where there is conclusive evidence.
Rape cases where the offender rapes then murders the victim, however... ez death
Original post by Zasty
The first thing I think of is women falsely accusing their husbands of rape so their pp gets cut off.

Castration would have to be used in circumstances where there is conclusive evidence.
Rape cases where the offender rapes then murders the victim, however... ez death

What is conclusive evidence?
Reply 22
Original post by Trinculo
What is conclusive evidence?

Conclusive Evidence is evidence that cannot be contradicted by any other evidence. It is so strong as to overbear any other evidence to the contrary. The evidence is of such a nature that it compels a fact-finder to come to a certain conclusion. - Google.

e.g but not exclusive to : Camera footage of rape or murder
Original post by Zasty
Conclusive Evidence is evidence that cannot be contradicted by any other evidence. It is so strong as to overbear any other evidence to the contrary. The evidence is of such a nature that it compels a fact-finder to come to a certain conclusion. - Google.

e.g but not exclusive to : Camera footage of rape or murder

Ok, and how often does that ever happen? The nature of sexual offences is that the overwhelming majority of them have no physical evidence and are based purely on a complaint - as in there is often no dispute that sex has occurred - the question is over consent. You are talking about introducing draconian and irreversible punishments for a tiny category of offences.
Reply 24
Original post by Trinculo
Ok, and how often does that ever happen? The nature of sexual offences is that the overwhelming majority of them have no physical evidence and are based purely on a complaint - as in there is often no dispute that sex has occurred - the question is over consent. You are talking about introducing draconian and irreversible punishments for a tiny category of offences.

You're right.
Original post by Alexty28
That is how they should be punished so they cannot do any harm to children, they are pedophiles after all. Castration would stop their ability to be sexually aroused, its better than just murdering them.

murderers should have both their arms cut off. that is how they should be punished so they cannot do any harm to people, they are murderers after all. amputation would stop their ability to kill, its better than just murdering them.
Original post by hatorgator
murderers should have both their arms cut off. that is how they should be punished so they cannot do any harm to people, they are murderers after all. amputation would stop their ability to kill, its better than just murdering them.

Arms are of a necessity to living and will remove the ability for a person to carry out everyday functions. Majority of pedophiles only want to have sexual relations with children, a sex drive in necessary especially when it used to carry out immoral acts. Murderers should have their arms cut off, but rather face a punishment of a life in prison.
Arms are of a necessity to living and will remove the ability for a person to carry out everyday functions. Majority of pedophiles only want to have sexual relations with children, a sex drive in necessary especially when it used to carry out immoral acts. Murderers should have their arms cut off, but rather face a punishment of a life in prison.

im beginning to think u dont know the first thing about what kind of life would be led if u were to be castrated, chemically or physically. and anyway who are u to say that all pedophiles want is to have sexual relationships with children, as though thats their sole purpose in life? are you one?
im beginning to think u dont know the first thing about what kind of life would be led if u were to be castrated, chemically or physically. and anyway who are u to say that all pedophiles want is to have sexual relationships with children, as though thats their sole purpose in life? are you one?

Only believe in castration of pedophiles who have committed sexual assault against children. Their are pedophiles out there who control themselves and understand that, they do not need to be castrated because they have not committed a crime.

I really don't understand why in 2018 people are starting to feel sympathy for pedophiles, if they rape a child they should get the punishment they deserve.

And nice childlike name calling at the end.
Only believe in castration of pedophiles who have committed sexual assault against children. Their are pedophiles out there who control themselves and understand that, they do not need to be castrated because they have not committed a crime.

I really don't understand why in 2018 people are starting to feel sympathy for pedophiles, if they rape a child they should get the punishment they deserve.

And nice childlike name calling at the end.

and again, castration is an extreme measure. if we started coming up with extra measures to punish criminals who draws the line and where? this mindset is completely outdated and inhumane, which is one of the reasons theres a TINY bit of sympathy for paedophiles around, because ppl like u like being judge, jury and executioner

on another point, dont u think it'd be a good idea to instead of frighten paedophiles with ideas like these (which from what i can tell doesnt seem to work), to instead force them into help programs so they can better control themselves? it's not as if they want to be evil people, but as of right now the only way tackle the chemicals in their head without being boogeymen is to try things like help programs
and again, castration is an extreme measure. if we started coming up with extra measures to punish criminals who draws the line and where? this mindset is completely outdated and inhumane, which is one of the reasons theres a TINY bit of sympathy for paedophiles around, because ppl like u like being judge, jury and executioner

on another point, dont u think it'd be a good idea to instead of frighten paedophiles with ideas like these (which from what i can tell doesnt seem to work), to instead force them into help programs so they can better control themselves? it's not as if they want to be evil people, but as of right now the only way tackle the chemicals in their head without being boogeymen is to try things like help programs

The extreme measure is for the ones who commit heinous acts. Like I said the pedophiles who do not cause harm to society need to get help to better control themselves. But some pedophiles are not just wanting to have sex with underage people, but also commit horrific acts against children such as torture and murder, these are the ones who need to receive the extreme punishments.

I mean what about these people who produce cp and are involved in child prostitution rings, do you think they should just receive help or actually receive punishment. Just because they are pedophiles we shouldn't excuse these actions, as it wouldn't be acceptable to excuse a person for sexually assulting adults.
(edited 5 years ago)
The extreme measure is for the ones who commit heinous acts. Like I said the pedophiles who do not cause harm to society need to get help to better control themselves. But some pedophiles are not just wanting to have sex with underage people, but also commit horrific acts against children such as torture and murder, these are the ones who need to receive the extreme punishments.

I mean what about these people who produce cp and are involved in child prostitution rings, do you think they should just receive help or actually receive punishment. Just because they are pedophiles we shouldn't excuse these actions, as it wouldn't be acceptable to excuse a person for sexually assulting adults.

im not saying they should only be forced to seek help, stick them in prison too idc.
i dont know how else to explain this, what ur saying to do and what else u think might be warranted to paedophiles that've done wrong isnt ethical or moral. we're meant to be the lawful ones here, so why do u keep insisting that we should stoop so dangerously low

im also not saying i wouldnt want a paedophile dead if they were to ever victimise someone close to me, nor am i saying to forgive them. but its ridiculous to stoop to their level, especially knowing that alot of them are responding to unusual or irregular wiring in their head. i'd also imagine its a slippery slope, first we start with this then who knows where we'll end up.
Men find women attractive but it doesn't make us all rapists. You can't change the way you feel but you can control your actions.
Original post by Bill Nye
Please tell me how a woman can be castrated??

The fallopian tubes can be cut or severed.
Original post by TheHonestLad
The fallopian tubes can be cut or severed.

Er… would that stop rapists?
no. but someone asked how women are castrated.
Its not really helped by the fact that there is not exactly an over-abundance of willing, reasonable adult women to straighten out deviant individuals.
Neither. If they're a multiple offender, maybe castrated so at least they can't use their privates to hurt anymore victims if released. I believe the correct term is child molester/rapist. The death penalty should be the last resort in brutual scenarios and crimes. Or if the offender is high risk,very violent, has little desire or no desire to change or stop commit crimes if released.

A pedophile does not have to act on their attraction.
They should put them in with the rest, so the other inmates kill them and the blood won't be the hands of the state.

Knowingly putting someone in a place where they’re going to be murdered doesn’t keep your hands clean
Why castration. We are constantly told that rape isn't about sex it is about power and domination.
Surely the rape of children is the same if not even more so?

Latest

Trending

Trending