The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do more people not go vegan?

Scroll to see replies

I eat meat out of spite and superiority over other animals.
I like meat that's why
Original post by Abbie Janson
animals are lovely creatures and feel pain when slaughtered, so why so many people still eat meat? do you not feel guilty? why don't more people go vegan then there won't be a demand for meat in the shops, it makes me cry that many people still eat animals.

Most people don't care and true morality is impossible. We as humans will always cause harm, at most we can minimize it.
Also health conditions.

You probably also dont' care about a lot of things and you also probably make immoral decisions e.g. do you buy clothes from mainstream shops? Do you know who is making them, what are they made of? Child labour and clothes that fall apart easily and take ages to decompose are an issue.

Do you throw stuff out? E.g. plastic? Where is that plastic and other stuff going? Is it being shipped to poorer countries (a lot of English trash is shipped to other places and we do produce a lot of trash.)

While not moral, all that stuff is the norm. I am guilt of some of those things, i do try to reduce them but we all make bad choices. And we can't be perfect, we also can't force others to be perfect.
There are plenty of things you and I don't care about that others might.

Latest

Trending

Trending