The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Ban all animal charities and let the money go to cancer research UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by n.a.xcv.s
If you guys followed the quran you wouldn’t even need to spend on cancer research charitys

No thank you; we have no need for the Quran in any area of our lives
:smile:
If they don’t follow the quran and sunnah properly they wouldn’t

Your double negatives are confusing for my sleepy brain
Reply 43
fixed
If you guys followed the quran you wouldn’t even need to spend on cancer research charitys

Bruh I'm Muslim and even I'm going to disagree with you. You realise anyone can get cancer and it's used to test you and the people around you.
Original post by Wildstar
fixed

I think the vast majority of the British public (excepting Muslims naturally) would agree with the statement I made :smile: wouldn’t you?
Reply 46
bruh nobody's forcing you to do anything you dont want to do lol
Reply 47
If they don’t follow the quran and sunnah properly they wouldn’t

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
bruh nobody's forcing you to do anything you dont want to do lol

If Islam genuinely did render you immune from cancer I’d be very impressed indeed...
Reply 49
I'm so confused?? I never said that..
I'm so confused?? I never said that..

No you didn’t; but the guy I was responding to before you altered my comment did imply as such
Reply 51
You said something about Islam being bad for society or something. I mean how and why you think this im not sure and quite alarmed.
Original post by naem071
I've noticed that human tragedies, wherever they may be across the world, don't lead to as widespread of an emotional response on social media compared to when harm comes to an animal, especially domestic pets. On the one hand it shows that the general public have a relatively strong belief in animal welfare, but on the other hand it's depressing to think that a random dog in California can generate greater attention/outrage than widespread human injustices and suffering.

I have constantly mentioned this to relevant threads on this site just to be shut down.
An example is when that woman threw the cat in the bin yeah it was bad and unfair to the cat but more people were outraged at that than murders or mass killings etc where they quickly forgot and went back to daily routine - sad reflection of the world and social media imo
Reply 53
Original post by Joe Frazier
Proof? https://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2011/06/21/animal-research-is-helping-us-beat-cancer/?_ga=2.150249077.2136532041.1565650788-495426547.1565650788
Like I said (and as we all know), the cure to cancer already exists - it just isn't in the public domain in order for government to profit. Cancer = billions of pounds, and this isn't going to change anytime soon.

Err, there are far many different type of cancers (around 100s), with some already having a very high survival rate (breast, prostate, thyroid etc), some having early treatments and preventions. If the 'big bad' government and pharmaceuticals indeed had cures for all cancer (or even most), even ones based on generic drugs or cheap alternatives, it could figure out a way to package the molecules into a patentable therapy that would still make them loads of money (especially since the treatment is costly, people pay thousands for treatment). Wouldn't they pay even more for a cure if it existed?

Lol. If this is the case then muslim majority countries would have virtually no cancer.
(edited 4 years ago)
When I was younger I'd get really upset at the thought of people giving their money to animals instead of human begins, especially children in horrible situations that had no control over their situations. I still don't understand it to be honest but I respect people's right to choose and avoid making judgment calls; so long as they are extending a helping hand what's there to really take issue with.
(edited 4 years ago)
You said something about Islam being bad for society or something. I mean how and why you think this im not sure and quite alarmed.

I made a statement whereby I have implied that I believe Islam was not necessary for society. It is not my belief that Islam is beneficial for society; to understand why I think that; have a look at the Islamically dominated countries in the world today and actually read the Quran. Most people should be able to understand why I hold the opinion I do.

Nonetheless this is not a topic relevant to your OP and I do not wish to derail your thread. As a consequence this shall be my last response on this topic
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 56

She said that most Brits have no need for the Quran.
Reply 57
You said 'We' not I but okay cool. I am sorry you think like that. Muslims aren't aliens you know.. You have Muslim drs, politicians and public workers who all follow Islam and contribute to society.
Reply 58
Original post by gjd800
She said that most Brits have no need for the Quran.

I read what I read. They mentioned Islam not the Quran so excuse you.
Reply 59
Original post by AngryRedhead
No thank you; we have no need for the Quran in any area of our lives

Mustn't have read it too closely, hey
I read what I read. They mentioned Islam not the Quran so excuse you.

Latest

Trending

Trending