The Student Room Group

What is something socially acceptable to do as a woman not as a man?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Just my opinion
It's socially acceptable to trick a man into having a child by lying about your contraception.
Check out this audiences reaction.

https://youtu.be/5CNHwhHWPoQ

So shocked at that clip, and all the women clapping in support of it :eek:
Reply 61
Original post by MoonlightRain
i think no one would do anything if a hot chick slapped a random guys bum but something would happen if a guy did it to girl

This was the first one I thought of.

Even if the guy had a problem with it, he couldn't really come out and say anything because it would be mocked as a bit of harmless fun.
Marry or be in a relationship with someone much younger.
I've had a drunk woman flash at me outside a club in front of two coppers who just laughed.
If a guy got his junk out to impress a woman in front of two coppers he'd be lying on the floor with their knees in his back in a flash.
It's socially acceptable to trick a man into having a child by lying about your contraception.
Check out this audiences reaction.

https://youtu.be/5CNHwhHWPoQ

Well just when I thought I'd see it all, I realise I've seen **** all :eek: I really want to say only in America.
Reply 65
Original post by karelina
That's men playing up to the stereotypes of being testosterone fuelled sex dynamos and nothing fazing them (not even a paedophile woman). But in reality most 13 year old boys would feel violated (then or later in retrospect) if a grown-up woman preyed on them.

most 13 year old boys would love to get with an older attractive women.

all this talk of violated and abuse [from the 13 year old] usually only comes about after the relationship has ended badly and he feels hard done by. you never hear news articles of people saying yeah it was great i loved it, they only show the ones where the young person feels they've been abused or has been convinced by others that they've been abused.

I've no doubt that some indeed have been taken advantage of and violated, but i am not of the opinion that just because there is a large socially unacceptable age gap it is automatically abuse.
The right to breathe
Asking to take cloths off
If a man asks a woman to take her shirt off it’s considered and chargeable as sexual harassment. If a woman asks a man to take his shirt off they don’t get anything.
I know from experience. In 6th grade on the bus I told a girl “you look beautiful today” and she tried to charge me with sexual harassment!
Original post by _epoh_
This was the first one I thought of.

Even if the guy had a problem with it, he couldn't really come out and say anything because it would be mocked as a bit of harmless fun.

I disagree there I think a lot of people wouldn't mock him, but you definitely wouldn't see anyone calling out the girl or showing any sort of obvious disapproval like you would if it was a guy doing it to a girl.
Let's not forget the obvious current big one.
Caroline Flack.
She assaulted a previous partner before this one she was being prosecuted for.
He (the first one) spoke of the crushing effect it had on him. How he had to leave the country to try to get over it.
While all deaths are a tragedy, including suicides like hers, would a male celebrity with a history of intimate partner violence have received the massive outpouring of sympathy and understanding from all quaters ( not counting the twitterati) that Flack has?
A male celebrity would have been unlikely to have gotten a second chance let alone tons of sympathy after commiting suicide avoid the consequences of a second assault. You would think she was the one assaulted and then commited suicide from the way she has been sainted by everyone in the industry.
You only have to look at the continuing upward career of Kelly Brook, a well known serial intimate partner assaulter. If a male celebrity giggled his way through an interview about punching a second partner would he still have a job?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2747786/Kelly-Brook-branded-disgusting-giggling-interview-punching-exes-Jason-Statham-Danny-Cipriani.html

I think we all know the answer.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 70
Let's not forget the obvious current big one.
Caroline Flack.
She assaulted a previous partner before this one she was being prosecuted for.
He (the first one) spoke of the crushing effect it had on him. How he had to leave the country to try to get over it.
While all deaths are a tragedy, including suicides like hers, would a male celebrity with a history of intimate partner violence have received the massive outpouring of sympathy and understanding from all quaters ( not counting the twitterati) that Flack has?
A male celebrity would have been unlikely to have gotten a second chance let alone tons of sympathy after commiting suicide avoid the consequences of a second assault. You would think she was the one assaulted and then commited suicide from the way she has been sainted by everyone in the industry.
You only have to look at the continuing upward career of Kelly Brook, a well known serial intimate partner assaulter. If a male celebrity giggled his way through an interview about punching a second partner would he still have a job?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2747786/Kelly-Brook-branded-disgusting-giggling-interview-punching-exes-Jason-Statham-Danny-Cipriani.html

I think we all know the answer.

While I understand your point, there have been many cases where male celebrities have been arrested for domestic violence and abuse and still have a career and or public support and following.

Some to mention:
Paul Gascoigne
Sean Penn
Chris Brown
Ozzy Osbourne
Christian Slater
Stone Cold Steve Austin

I agree with you on the Kelly Brook story though, if a male celebrity did that, no matter how famous, his career would most likely be finished.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending