The Student Room Group

will we se the UK on full lockdown within a week?

Mod Edit: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS and UK Government web-pages.

who else thinks the UK will be on complete lockdown within 1 week because of the coronavirus ?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cerlc
who else thinks the UK will be on complete lockdown within 1 week because of the coronavirus ?

NOPE
Reply 2
im really scared though have been coughing a bit today as well surely it is only a matter of time
Reply 3
Original post by cerlc
im really scared though have been coughing a bit today as well surely it is only a matter of time

"coughing"

cOroNaViRuS
Original post by cerlc

nahhh won't be a week but I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing drastic measures in a month's time.
I'm only gonna start worrying when the number of cases hit 5 figures.
Original post by cerlc

I sneezed today. Must be the plague

Overacting like this is unhealthy. It leads to shortages in supplies, Worst treatment towards people just because they believe their infects and worst it limits the medics to actually deal with this well. We will get a rise in cases. That will happen but the chances of you getting infected are so slim right now its not even worth worrying over
Reply 8
my friend lives in italy and schools r closed till april 3rd
We have 273 cases in the UK and 2 deaths. People need to stop panicking!! Unless the cases start hitting 5 figures then why are we panicking. Look at how many die from flu each year. People are overreacting on a crazy level, no bleeding hand sanitizer or antibacterial wipes left on the shelves cause of people panic buying. Shops are imposing 2 packets of wipes per customer. Everyone needs to get a grip!
Original post by NaturalMystic98
We have 273 cases in the UK and 2 deaths. People need to stop panicking!! Unless the cases start hitting 5 figures then why are we panicking. Look at how many die from flu each year. People are overreacting on a crazy level, no bleeding hand sanitizer or antibacterial wipes left on the shelves cause of people panic buying. Shops are imposing 2 packets of wipes per customer. Everyone needs to get a grip!

There's something about us Brits and panic buying. It's ridiculous, embarrassing and entirely irrational for what is supposed to be a fairly pragmatic population. Some of us will remember the fuel shortages in 2001 - same thing happened, with people queuing up round the block to buy petrol they didn't need 'just in case'.

I think people are panicking because the number of cases seems to be exponentially rising but yeah I'm not too bothered atm.

People aren't panicking about only the deaths but how quickly it spreads... (Also @Em.-.)
Original post by angelike1
I think people are panicking because the number of cases seems to be exponentially rising but yeah I'm not too bothered atm.

Same
Reply 15
Original post by 1st superstar
People aren't panicking about only the deaths but how quickly it spreads... (Also @Em.-.)

Agree. While the death rate is around 3% atm (or 6% if you compare deaths to actual recoveries), 15-20% of cases seem to become serious, so if too many people become infected there won’t be enough resources so we will see the death rate start to tend towards this number. People will panic buy because they see others doing it, so even if they don’t think they’ll be ill they will think other people will buy stuff so there will be none left for them.

I am very confident I won’t die, but I suspect it will cause much disruption to society due to the number of serious cases. If it infects 10,000 I’d be confident we’ll see lockdown type measures being put in place (closing schools, public transport and having people work at home etc).
I hope so. no school would be amazzzzing
Original post by Em.-.
Agree. While the death rate is around 3% atm (or 6% if you compare deaths to actual recoveries), 15-20% of cases seem to become serious, so if too many people become infected there won’t be enough resources so we will see the death rate start to tend towards this number. People will panic buy because they see others doing it, so even if they don’t think they’ll be ill they will think other people will buy stuff so there will be none left for them.

I am very confident I won’t die, but I suspect it will cause much disruption to society due to the number of serious cases. If it infects 10,000 I’d be confident we’ll see lockdown type measures being put in place (closing schools, public transport and having people work at home etc).

Tbh I am not bothered about the virus and people have already started panic buying. Checked my cupboards and every time I do I laugh 😂
Original post by Igotbbcalevel
I hope so. no school would be amazzzzing

I agree
No there is no chance of it happening at all, unless things get really really bad.
So dont start panicking just yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending