The Student Room Group

What do you see as being successful?

I would like to see peoples views on what success looks like to them. Whether it’s about a certain job, amount of money, love

I find it intresting!
Reply 1
Original post by Autumnbelle
I would like to see peoples views on what success looks like to them. Whether it’s about a certain job, amount of money, love

I find it intresting!

Just living a happy, and peaceful life with the job you love.
Reply 2
cant lie but I actually feel like you only feel successful if you personally feel you've accomplished something . when you personally feel accomplished that's my answer.
having money
being loved by family
being close to god
taking the little babysteps, the little bumps along the journey - all the hardships you have to face to finally achieve something good and/or bring about change whether it be in your life or someone elses,, in sum it would range from marrying the person you truly love, putting a smile on your loved ones faces, making your parents proud, being there for them at their old age, ending world hunger, ending racism, ending violence, bringing about peace, and last but not least attaining closeness to God
Reply 5
Contentedness.
The great Bob Dylan once said that ‘a man is a success if he gets up in the morning, gets to bed at night, and in between does what he wants to do’.
Being happy
Doing what you want
Accomplishing your personal goals
Reply 8
jñāna of the brahman
Having a loving wife and kids, good amount of money, fulfilling career and nice home and car and reliable friends. Hey a man can dream :u:
Becoming what you want to be.
Original post by Johnathan94
The great Bob Dylan once said that ‘a man is a success if he gets up in the morning, gets to bed at night, and in between does what he wants to do’.

Legend
Original post by Johnathan94

Even though the times they are a changing, still holds true. For women as well.
I think success is being in a position where you can do pretty much whatever you feel like doing at the time, without many obstacles.

For example if you randomly one day decide that you want to go and live in a foreign country for a month, you'd probably need to have things like: enough money to fund the trip, a flexible job that allows you to take time off easily or work from any location, a spouse/partner/friend you can go with etc.

The more you are able to remove the obstacles that prevent you from doing whatever you want at a moment's notice, the more successful you are.
Someone successful is someone content with themselves and their life. They might be ambitious but this is driven from within and not from a feeling of how they perceive others to view them.
Getting off medication would be a success for me. Sounds pathetic, I know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending