The Student Room Group

Thoughts on Boris’s rules on Coronavirus?

I know you have to keep at least 1 metre apart from people and you can meet up to one household a day is it? I just think it’s ridiculous still. You can’t see your family as many times as you want and choose who to see, but you can go to the pub full of piss heads and get your hair cut which involves hair dressers getting quite close to your face? You can go to a packed shopping centre? For one, some people can’t handle their drink and social distancing would go out of the window surely. I’d much rather see multiple family members a day if I really wanted to. What about gyms? They boost your immune system and they are so good for mental health.
Its more about getting the economy started.

You can have an economy without an NHS but you won't have an NHS for long without an economy.
Reply 2
Pubs bad but gyms good? Last time one checked you don't tend to sweat all over the pub or blast your breath everywhere there in the same manner as some oik on a rowing machine or treadmill..
Reply 3
Original post by Napp
Pubs bad but gyms good? Last time one checked you don't tend to sweat all over the pub or blast your breath everywhere there in the same manner as some oik on a rowing machine or treadmill..

Yeah I get that but come on you get piss heads in the pub trying to get all over people and shouting etc, getting messy. To me a pub is unhygienic in some ways. Gym does boost your immune system though, and Coronavirus effects your immune system. We can’t go visit loads of family members at once but we can be breathed all over by piss heads and go get our hair done? It just baffles me a little. I know it’s to get the economy started but if we can do this, I’m going to see my family!
What Mr Johnson has demonstrated is that in the timing of changes in restrictions is a lack of understanding of business. I don't expect an Old Etonian journalist to have much scientific knowledge, but I do expect him to understand the power of words and as a Conservative, understand business.

So you have a 2 metre social distancing with some limited exceptions, not 1 metre with a mask/precautions.
Places that can restrict numbers, have screens, keep 2 metres apart and can easily trace customers, should have opened sooner. Non-food shops and now gyms should be open. Self catering cottages should have been allowed to open in early June.
Theatres should now be able to open in a restricted way as cinemas can.

Above all, if he had acted in early March, I think we would be at least two weeks ahead of where we are now, and fewer people would have died.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending