The Student Room Group

Is JK Rowling actually transphobic?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SHallowvale
Can you give some examples? How many sex offences have been committed by 'men who say they are women' in female bathrooms and changing rooms?

Of those 90% of abuse cases taking place in unisex spaces, how many take place in bathrooms and changing rooms and how many are committed by 'men who say they are women'?

Probably a lot more now that a six foot man in a beard can say he's a woman and enter safe spaces.
When our new local pool opened with village changing rooms my missus said that it will encourage perverts. I told her she was being bigoted.
Within two weeks a man was caught trying to film young girls under a divide with his phone.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Just my opinion
Probably a lot more now that a six foot man in a beard can say he's a woman and enter safe spaces.
When our new local pool opened with village changing rooms my missus said that it will encourage perverts. I told her she was being bigoted.
Within two weeks a man was caught trying to film young girls under a divide with his phone.

Do you have a source for this?
Do you have a source for this?

Why would you need a source, this happens all the time.
Are you denying that this happens or are you calling me personally a liar.
I never talk about the town where I live online.
It's simple Google " man tries to film girls in swimming pool changing room" and if you keep looking eventually one of them will be mine.
JK Rowling is not a bigot. It's ridiculous to even suggest so.

It's part of our oppressive, remorseless and polarised world that merely questioning/challenging an ideology is enough to reduce a person to an execration, sacked from any job you may have, and face an unrelenting mob hatred, and face the serious possibility of having the police knock on your door.

I think our world has become so arched and extreme as earlier periods of the 20th century. It's impossible to question or challenge the Communist agenda without being simultaneously calumnied as being "counter-revolutionary". There is no scope for disagreement or subtlety here. It should be possible to articulate a view - any view - without having some phobia/malady inhered to you: without having to run for fear of your life and existence. This is what fascism/communism look like. There is no accommodation for dissent and disagreement. There is only one right answer: the official answer. And those who deviate are reduced to rats and spat upon. It's the equivalent of a cultural purge. It's impossible to disagree or question trans ideology without similarly being excoriated and arraigned before the mob of social media as some contorted arthritic hater of people - condemned as a veritable racist and with every other term of execration and malediction hurdled at you. I suppose the fact that she has worked at one point for Amnesty International counts for nothing.

It's the same, tragic & lamentable mentality as with Brexit.
Original post by looloo2134
No she just a bad writer trying to get more publicity.

Heresy!!!!! Witch, there is but one course of action we can take

Reply 25

I think what I like most about this particular topic is right wingers and/or conservatives using snowflakey woke/rad fem language like "safe spaces" and actually going along with it.

A chef kiss moment.
Why would you need a source, this happens all the time.
Are you denying that this happens or are you calling me personally a liar.
I never talk about the town where I live online.
It's simple Google " man tries to film girls in swimming pool changing room" and if you keep looking eventually one of them will be mine.

I'm not denying that voyeurism exists, I am asking for evidence that voyeurism is being done by 'men pretending to be women' (i.e. either trans women or sexual abusers pretending to be trans women). I've searched online and can find no such case happening in the UK.

If you believe this problem is happening "a lot more now that a six foot man in a beard can say he's a woman and enter safe spaces", then you should be prepared to give examples.
Can you give some examples? How many sex offences have been committed by 'men who say they are women' in female bathrooms and changing rooms?

Of those 90% of abuse cases taking place in unisex spaces, how many take place in bathrooms and changing rooms and how many are committed by 'men who say they are women'?

Ah so if the number is too small, that is the price worth paying just so some males are externally validated by society and get to have everyone pretend they are women? Nice.

All of them, this figure is about bathrooms and restrooms...completely irrelevant.

You really are showing your true colors now.
Original post by CyclinZH1
Ah so if the number is too small, that is the price worth paying just so some males are externally validated by society and get to have everyone pretend they are women? Nice.

All of them, this figure is about bathrooms and restrooms...completely irrelevant.

You really are showing your true colors now.

You said that there was a surge in men who are 'pretending to be women' being abusive towards women in bathrooms and restrooms. Can you provide evidence for this or not? I can only find one such example of this happening in the UK over the last five years.

And, yes, if this is a very rare problem then that does not justify disallowing trans people to use their preferred bathroom / changing room. The benefit is not just validation; harassment in bathrooms is something that a lot of trans people experience.
You said that there was a surge in men who are 'pretending to be women' being abusive towards women in bathrooms and restrooms. Can you provide evidence for this or not? I can only find one such example of this happening in the UK over the last five years.

And, yes, if this is a very rare problem then that does not justify disallowing trans people to use their preferred bathroom / changing room. The benefit is not just validation; harassment in bathrooms is something that a lot of trans people experience.

So there is an acceptable level of collateral damage. Good to know.

Also good to know that you feel a male problem should be dumped on women.
So there is an acceptable level of collateral damage. Good to know.

Also good to know that you feel a male problem should be dumped on women.

Are you going to provide evidence or not? If this is not a major problem, which seems to be the case, then Rowling's fear of allowing trans women into female bathrooms and changing rooms is not justified.
Are you going to provide evidence or not? If this is not a major problem, which seems to be the case, then Rowling's fear of allowing trans women into female bathrooms and changing rooms is not justified.

I don't have to. The fact alone that you think there exists a certain number as acceptable collateral damage says everything about you that anyone would ever need to know.
I don't have to. The fact alone that you think there exists a certain number as acceptable collateral damage says everything about you that anyone would ever need to know.

A small number of cases (or one, as far as I can tell) does justify being fearful of an entire group of people.
A small number of cases (or one, as far as I can tell) does justify being fearful of an entire group of people.

Again with the straw men. No one is fearful of trans people per se, but about the implications of a policy that some trans activists think is necessary.
Again with the straw men. No one is fearful of trans people per se, but about the implications of a policy that some trans activists think is necessary.

The policy already exists and the number of cases of harassment and abuse are negligible. Fear is not justified.
The policy already exists and the number of cases of harassment and abuse are negligible. Fear is not justified.

You already said, you are happy to have collateral damage just so your precious group is externally validated. Good on you.
You already said, you are happy to have collateral damage just so your precious group is externally validated. Good on you.

I don't believe the actions of a handful of people should justify discriminating against hundreds of thousands of people. It certainly doesn't justify the fear that Rowling has. If you wish to call that "collateral damage" then fine, I guess?
I don't believe the actions of a handful of people should justify discriminating against hundreds of thousands of people. It certainly doesn't justify the fear that Rowling has. If you wish to call that "collateral damage" then fine, I guess?

That's your right, it is my right to call you out on your pathetic stance. "discriminating", there is no discrimination in maintaining female spaces and not allowing males into them. "handful of people". you know that that isn't true. Much like abusers always find ways to get to the vulnerable, this is a) already not true and b) will just keep increasing. There's already dozens and dozens of inmates claiming to be trans and demanding to be put into women's prisons.
That's your right, it is my right to call you out on your pathetic stance. "discriminating", there is no discrimination in maintaining female spaces and not allowing males into them. "handful of people". you know that that isn't true. Much like abusers always find ways to get to the vulnerable, this is a) already not true and b) will just keep increasing. There's already dozens and dozens of inmates claiming to be trans and demanding to be put into women's prisons.

To segregate people would be discrimination by definition; people would be treated differently. It is unjust because you are doing so based on the actions of a handful of people. If you disagree that this is a rare problem then feel free to provide examples.
To segregate people would be discrimination by definition; people would be treated differently. It is unjust because you are doing so based on the actions of a handful of people. If you disagree that this is a rare problem then feel free to provide examples.

Again, it does not matter how rare the problem is.

And according to your logic there should not be different bathrooms at all, completely irrespective of the question who gets to enter possible seperated ones.

You are showing nothing but your disdain for women wanting boundaries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending