The Student Room Group

Sabina Nesser's Killer

I'm seeing news about Sabina Nesser and the person who killed her. I was just wondering why people are talking about women being killed specifically? Idk if that makes sense... Like did the killer have a grudge against women which caused them to kill her or something? I don't know much about the case so pls don't attack me.
Because awareness needs to be made! Unfortunately its not just Sabina but there was Sarah as well and countless other women who have lost their life due to being attacked by a man. Women and Girls are not safe to walk the streets alone without being attacked.
Reply 2
It does appear that Selamaj couldn't accept that his wife was allowed to leave him, and decided to take out his rage on a random woman.

There is currently a push to recognise misogyny (which the above definitely is) as a hate crime in the same way that attacks motivated by race, religion, sexual orientation and identity, and disability are punished more severely. This is why you'll see a lot of articles trying to cash in on this wider sentiment, rather than focusing on just the crime at hand. There is a worthwhile discussion to be had on that, I feel, but short of giving half the population special protected status over the other half and/or recording everyone in their own home, I don't see how you can stop much of the examples being reported.
Original post by ThomH97
There is a worthwhile discussion to be had on that, I feel, but short of giving half the population special protected status over the other half and/or recording everyone in their own home, I don't see how you can stop much of the examples being reported.

Not to be a pedant, but over half the population. Men are the minority.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending