The Student Room Group

Resistance in series and parallel

hi guys im stuck on working out this total resistance for the circuit im rounding up the resistor values just to one d.p im getting my resistance total for this circuit as 3.5kOhms from this i am then getting a current of approximately 3mA but when i run it through simulator it is showing 2.1mA so im unsure where im going wrong
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
I get 2.1mA as well

There might be something going wrong with your rounding. I think you should be working to 2 significant figures rather than to 1 dp and you should be rounding to the nearest rather than rounding up all the time.
Reply 2
Original post by Joinedup
I get 2.1mA as well

There might be something going wrong with your rounding. I think you should be working to 2 significant figures rather than to 1 dp and you should be rounding to the nearest rather than rounding up all the time.

im still getting 3mA im really not sure what im doing wrong ive attatched my rough workings if you could please have a look,
Reply 3
Original post by Joinedup
I get 2.1mA as well

After reviewing the way i carried this out a little i believe i have come to the better soloution shown below let me know if this seems good please
Reply 4
Yeah it wasnt valid to try combine R2, 5 and 6 like you did in the first attempt.

Quick Reply

Latest