The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
NightReaper
I'm starting in September doing Music Technology and Audio Systems and want to stay at the student halls. I think I find out my results and such tomorrow although I know I'm already in :yep:

I'm all excited to start to be honest!

nice one! you decided on which halls yet?
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
I think I'll naturally follow the crowd and go to storthes. Just read the guide on what to take...there's more than I originally had planned...then again the first festival I ever went to I took my tent, 2 tubes of pringles, a can of spaghetti shapes and loads of alcohol. So yeah, I should know from experience that I'm not exactly the most organised person when preparing to take things (just so you know, I ate the pringles and shapes before I even set off!)

How about you?
Reply 42
NightReaper
I think I'll naturally follow the crowd and go to storthes. Just read the guide on what to take...there's more than I originally had planned...then again the first festival I ever went to I took my tent, 2 tubes of pringles, a can of spaghetti shapes and loads of alcohol. So yeah, I should know from experience that I'm not exactly the most organised person when preparing to take things (just so you know, I ate the pringles and shapes before I even set off!)

How about you?

haha sounds like me :P
yeah i got my place confirmed (gap year) and accomodation sorted, i'm going storthes into a deluxe apartment, for only an extra £3 sounds like a good idea to me!
How do you sort out the accomodation and such or do you have to wait till it's properly confirmed? We haven't got results yet but I know I'm in :biggrin:
Reply 44
NightReaper
How do you sort out the accomodation and such or do you have to wait till it's properly confirmed? We haven't got results yet but I know I'm in :biggrin:

erm i've applied and stuff and signed my contract, so i don't know about that, you filled in the stuff on the site?
joshp1407
erm i've applied and stuff and signed my contract, so i don't know about that, you filled in the stuff on the site?

Link me! :biggrin:

Also when do they start taking out money and such?

Sorry about all these questions. I'm just very cautious of my own actions :P
Reply 46
NightReaper
Link me! :biggrin:

Also when do they start taking out money and such?

Sorry about all these questions. I'm just very cautious of my own actions :P

storthes hall they take a booking fee/deposit which is £150 i think but after that its not until you start, i've set it up to take it term by term!

np about questions i was same haha
I've added you onto msn by the way so feel free to come on so I can pick your brain some more xD
Reply 48
joshp1407
I'm sure you'll be fine, gotta remember a lot of people won't have confirmed places yet cos they won't have results, just get your application in when you can. I think they have a updating tracker of spaces on the digs website actually :smile:

im just worried cos i have heard its so over subscribed this year! I certainly dont want to be put in another halls. Storthes is it for me lol. I cant seem to find this digs tracker thing i mentioned, any chance u could send me a link :smile: im just so anxious i guess!! Have u visited storthes ?? xx
I've just found this film about Storthes- it looks pretty good... I used to live there in my first year and I was just being nosy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rh1jPBj29M
I feel the exact same way. Damn July, let it be September already! xD
Reply 51
NightReaper

You can't apply till you have your results officially confirmed. got my form filled in because i should easily make my offer but can't send it till 20th August
Reply 52
ZaraLara
im just worried cos i have heard its so over subscribed this year! I certainly dont want to be put in another halls. Storthes is it for me lol. I cant seem to find this digs tracker thing i mentioned, any chance u could send me a link :smile: im just so anxious i guess!! Have u visited storthes ?? xx

Storthes hall have a look on the right hand side, it lists the type of room, then next to that is the availability, they all say good atm :smile:

yeah i went on an open day, got a really good vibe from it loved it! :smile:
milner001
You can't apply till you have your results officially confirmed. got my form filled in because i should easily make my offer but can't send it till 20th August

Ah ok. Well I've sent off for the forms and I know my results, just not got them officially yet :P Need to wait for them...grrrr
Reply 54
heyy im going in aspley hall and im doing childrens nursing. anyone else? - im glad to see some people on here are staying at aspley like, all i can find is people staying at strothes hall or snow island!! x
Reply 55
I'm a third year in Aspley. You have to remember not everyone moving into Aspley will be on here.
I'm going to be studying Politics at Huddersfield as of September.
Reply 57
hi all :smile: just found this thread, im at huds storthes halls as a fresher in september, anybody know what this weird weekend thing is about at storthes? its b4 freshers and im confused as to what were meant to do haha
Reply 58
storthes looks really good lol
Reply 59
Alexsmith
hi all :smile: just found this thread, im at huds storthes halls as a fresher in september, anybody know what this weird weekend thing is about at storthes? its b4 freshers and im confused as to what were meant to do haha

its effectively 2 weeks of freshers at the accomodation so make sure your down there for the 5th. After that you have the one week of uni freshers

Latest

Trending

Trending