The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I haven't heard anything either. I was at the vets yesterday and before I'd the house I'd my sister that if anyone rang they had to phone the vets. Big mistake! Everytime the receptionist came in to get frontline or get a lable for some dispensed drugs my heart skipped TWO beats! But NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!!! :woo:
Reply 2681
Annaconda
argh everytime i see you've posted i hope you have some good news.
im getting stressed out just watching this, so i cant imagine how bad it muct be for you!
good luck, hope you find out something soon,
but remember, NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS :woo: :woo: :woo:

Thank you! :smile:

I'm sooo stressed about it, spent all last night in tears :frown: :o: Sounds silly but I want to get in sooo so badly! If I don't get in this year I will have to consider doing something else in uni in september...but there is no way I can afford graduate entry so I won't make being a vet :frown:....or I could consider another gap year ( to reapply for the THIRD time :eek:)...

I just don't know what more they want from me! :o:
OllyH
same here, I've got lambing/calving planned for this coming spring on a farm that has 1000 ewes lambing and 250 cattle calving. Can't wait :p: (and I'll get paid for it :woo: :woo: )

I think I'd initially like to do mixed so I could practise everything then eventually specliaise in the area I enjoy the most.

That's allot of ewes! :eek: We only have 40 breeding ewes.
Same here I want to do a bit of mixed first.

Blahhh, you will get in somewhere if you want it that much. We all will. I know how you feel too. I was so depressed last night, it actually felt like I wasn't going to get in at all. :frown:

As a random note, does any other vet med applicant get stabbed with needles on a regular basis?
Reply 2683
xFuture_Vetx
Blahhh, you will get in somewhere if you want it that much. We all will. I know how you feel too. I was so depressed last night, it actually felt like I wasn't going to get in at all. :frown:

I know exactly, but this is my second time around already aswell...reapplying proves I haven't just given up on it...theres nothing else I want to do :frown: people at school told me to go through clearing after results day to find something else :eek: thats never going to happen!

I already have my results and tonnes upon tonnes of work exp...and I'm learning things all the time :o: what more can I do!?!?! :o:

I'll just have to take another gap year and give it another shot gaining even MORE work experience

xFuture_Vetx
As a random note, does any other vet med applicant get stabbed with needles on a regular basis?

I've been stabbed once! While helping inject guinea pigs at the community farm :o:

Anyway! I'm off to milk the cows :smile::smile::smile::smile: And visit my lovely calves :biggrin: Have about 25 at the moment! awww
Once! I stabbed myself yesterday (I dropped the needle!) and another time before that. Then again when I was injecting sheep with dectomax and I stabbed my dad! :yep: It really bleeds doesn't it!
Reply 2685
xFuture_Vetx
Once! I stabbed myself yesterday (I dropped the needle!) and another time before that. Then again when I was injecting sheep with dectomax and I stabbed my dad! :yep: It really bleeds doesn't it!

ooooooooooooouch! dectomax is supposed to be very nasty if you stab yourself with it! :eek:
It was heptivac p I stabbed my dad with. The reason I stabbed myself was because dectomax is SOOOOOOOO thick I pulled the syringe down to far, too quickly which created a vaccum which made the needle pop out and stab me. Luckily there was no dectomax in it! x
I've heptavaced myself. :biggrin: By accident of course...wiggly lambs.

The reason there are so many ewes is that this farmer is pretty much the biggest in the area and owns about 4 farms which he bought up.
Also, now I can drive I can easily get to somewhere like that everyday. Before I was restricted to cycling distance.
I know about lambs, trust me. They look so cute running in the fields then you get in a pen with them. When we gave them all there crovect, combinex etc, I came out like I had been beaten! Everyone at school kept saying,
"What happened to you?"
Those bloomen lambs! They are sweet though.
Annaconda
just to point out that you have to be predicted an A in chemistry. i was predicted AAAB with B in chem and dint get an interview :frown:

I sort of wish I'd applied to cambridge, I've been told that with my A2 results I'd defo get an interview there. It's a bit daft how they place so much weight in academics though, A levels, BMAT etc. One of the reasons I never applied there in the first place. No interview cos of a B in chemistry is a bit tight of them.
Phoebe_Vet
When did everyone get their w.e questionnaire from Liverpool? I got an acknowledgement a few weeks ago but not heard anything since......bit worried!

Will people pleeeease stop worrying about Liverpool/Nottingham/RVC. You can guarantee nothing will be happening from these 3 (not sure about the other unis though) until early 09, so just relax and enjoy your upcoming Christmas/New years eve.
part from you should get the liv q before 09 tbh. And also last year invites for the jan interviews at liv were given out in mid december. We dont break up for xmas till the 19th dec so my guess is people who get interviews in the first few weeks of there interviews will probs hear around the 19th dec. We are back on the 12th Jan so i think the first interview slot might be the wed 14th if they are interviewing in the same way as last time.
Exacto so there's nothing to worry about for at least a month. Everyone who has the minimum academic requirements should get the questionnaire, so if you have the minimum A level requirements and havent got it, no worries just phone them up.
about the stabbing subject- I got stabbed by a vet whilst blood testing sheep 2 years ago....I still have no feeling in my right middle finger -lol.
Reply 2694
I got stuck once, with metacam
Cute, real cute
Reply 2697
shes adorable, jeez i hate puppy farms, I wish i could adopt a dog, think I might get thrown out of halls though!
Reply 2698
If I manage to get in, she's gunna have to come with me! Will find a house that takes dogs.
Will mean shes left for long periods but, i figure its better than been dead.
Reply 2699
Definitely! loads of the staff up here bring there dogs to work, maybe you could do the same! and to be honest private accomodation will probably be much cheaper than halls and you'll ahve more chance of keeping a pet

Latest

Trending

Trending