The Student Room Group

Can i retake a maths module next year?

Well basically I have an A in maths GCSE already... I was 8 UMS of an A * and I want as many A*s as possible as I'm hoping to apply for dentistry at university! Can I retake one module in November and carry my module grades from this year (year 11) to next year (AS) ? Like basically if I got two A*s in unit 1&2 but in 3 I got an A so all together it's an A... Can I retake just one module to improve my grade to A*...? Thanks x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
Original post by kaaaaaayx
Well basically I have an A in maths GCSE already... I was 8 UMS of an A * and I want as many A*s as possible as I'm hoping to apply for dentistry at university! Can I retake one module in November and carry my module grades from this year (year 11) to next year (AS) ? Like basically if I got two A*s in unit 1&2 but in 3 I got an A so all together it's an A... Can I retake just one module to improve my grade to A*...? Thanks x

As long as you re-sit at least 40% of the assessment (which is probably true if you want to re-sit Unit 3) then yes you can.
You can resit it. But you'd probably have to pay and you have to declare the dates on your certificates on your UCAS form, so unis will see that you resat it in your AS year. In which case they might not count it if they require x amount of A* gcses.
Reply 3
Aaaaaaah I get it! Okay thank you guys so much :smile: xxx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending