The Student Room Group

Uni. of Leeds Dental Applicants 2012 (Interviews, Offers and Rejections Discussion)

Scroll to see replies

Thought I'll just drop a line for those of, that like me have an interview with Leeds:

Some typical interview questions:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=296040
http://www.newmediamedicine.com/forum/dental-school-admissions/20850-help-dentistry-interview-birmingham-uni.html

Feel free to share any thoughts on any of the questions, and anything else to do with the interview! :wink:
Original post by *QueenBeee
Does anyone know approximately how many offers leeds gives post interview?

96 + 4 overseas :/ but they will give slightly more offers because some people won't meet the grades or choose a different choice.
Original post by MissRiah12345
96 + 4 overseas :/ but they will give slightly more offers because some people won't meet the grades or choose a different choice.

From the open day I have written down that there are 81 places + 4 international places
Reply 23
have any of you guys chosen biomedical science as a backup?
Original post by orange.bananna
From the open day I have written down that there are 81 places + 4 international places

Really :s I went to the open day in October and they said 96 + 4 overseas :s strange. Did you apply to Leeds too?
I wrote down 81 + 4 from the open day in June, maybe Octobers figures are more up-to-date
It would be nice if there were that many places, but I think there are only 81 :/
Yes i've applied :smile:

Hmmm :s I might ring up and check. Did you secure an interview? :smile:
Original post by Walkingonacloud
I wrote down 81 + 4 from the open day in June, maybe Octobers figures are more up-to-date

Oh, I do hope so! :smile:
I'm pretty sure they said 81!
Yes I have an interview do you?

Maybe we had different people taking the open day :s-smilie: Yes I have. When's yours?
1st of Feb, yours?

21st Feb. Good luck for yours :smile:
21st Feb. Good luck for yours :smile:

Thanks, good luck to you too!
1st of Feb, yours?

I have an interview at Leeds on the 1st Feb :biggrin: what time is yours?

I'm really excited and nervous - I looooved Leeds, 100% my 1st choice so I will be gitted if I don't get an offer :L :P
Reply 32
Does anyone have any info on what the leeds interview is like?? ( 2 interviewers? 20 mins? etc) because I couldnt get to the open day and I have no clue what to expect!! please help me :biggrin:
My interview is 10.30. What time is yours?

I haven't really thought about the interview much, just trying to get January modules out of the way first. Yes I loved Leeds to, would love to go there, so I hope it goes well - but as long as I am studying Dentistry I'm happy to go anywhere!

Mine is at 9:50 :smile: maybe see you there! Yeh I really hope this all goes well :smile: but i'm waiting to get my modules out of the way first so I don't stop spending time on revision :smile:
Original post by Jenniferann232
Mine is at 9:50 :smile: maybe see you there! Yeh I really hope this all goes well :smile: but i'm waiting to get my modules out of the way first so I don't stop spending time on revision :smile:

Yes may see you! Are you going on the tour?

Yes I'm trying to do the same!

Which other uni's have you applied to?
Yes may see you! Are you going on the tour?

Yes I'm trying to do the same!

Which other uni's have you applied to?

Yep i'll be going on a tour :smile: i've applied to liverpool, bristol and birmingham - I think i've been rejected from bristol because I never recieved an invite to interview :L but I have had an interview at Liverpool too but won't hear until March.

You??
Original post by Jenniferann232
Yep i'll be going on a tour :smile: i've applied to liverpool, bristol and birmingham - I think i've been rejected from bristol because I never recieved an invite to interview :L but I have had an interview at Liverpool too but won't hear until March.

You??

I am the exact same as you! I have had an interview for Liverpool but won't hear until March and I never got invited for an interview for Bristol, so that is a unfortunately a rejection. I haven't heard from Birmingham...do you know if they are still interviewing?
Reply 37
Does anyone know whether Leeds uni do MMI's or traditional interviews, if so can you please give me some info on how they carry out the interviews. thanks!
I am the exact same as you! I have had an interview for Liverpool but won't hear until March and I never got invited for an interview for Bristol, so that is a unfortunately a rejection. I haven't heard from Birmingham...do you know if they are still interviewing?

I hope birmingham are still interviewing :smile: apparently they interview until the end of feb? :s-smilie: not sure though x
Reply 39
Original post by mikechg
Does anyone know whether Leeds uni do MMI's or traditional interviews, if so can you please give me some info on how they carry out the interviews. thanks!

Hey pal! (once again lol) It's traditional, i think 3 ppl on the panel if i remember correctly, 1 dental admission tutor, 1 lecturer, 1 student....they have a pre-determined set of qu's for all candidates! They r big on some certain things, pm me if you like! xx

Quick Reply

Latest