The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Original post by SarahJayne2103
Hey, I'll be 25 when I start at Teesside so I don't really fancy living in halls either! Already lived the student life first time I went to uni, I've got a little dog though so worried about finding somewhere that allows pets! Suppose I managed to persuade them last time though! X

Aw! Hopefully they will let you bring the dog haha! I've just done my accommodation form and put King Edward Square as my first choice. I put that I would rather live with matures/post grads in the special requirement section though so hopefully something will get sorted out!
Im a reapplicant and no offers till now :frown: feel so down :frown:
Reply 1522
Original post by miss-pink09
Im a reapplicant and no offers till now :frown: feel so down :frown:

This is my first year of applying and ive had all rejections from all 5 choices, im gutted to be honest too im going through extra at the min in the hope something will come up through clearing. Where have you applied? and whos said what decision? xx
which uni's did you apply to
Reply 1524
Original post by amandapsr
which uni's did you apply to

I applied for Sheffield, Leeds, Derby, Liverpool and Salford you? x
Hi, I'm studying A-levels at the moment in England. I have two offers, one from Queen Margaret (just two B's) and one from Canterbury Christ Church (CCC). I am planning to put Queen Margaret as my main / first offer and Canterbury as my insurance offer. My questions are the following: -

1) Once I have confirmed one as a main and one as insurance on UCAS will I receive my bursary application from the NHS for my first choice or both?

2) I am a resident of England but have an offer for a Scottish university, which funding body will I be applying to? Will they contact me or do I need to approach them?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1526
has anyone got offers from city or herts???
I've offers from Portsmouth and Exeter at the moment. I also have an interview for UWE in April too.
Excited!
got an offer from exeter yesterday! it's ABB though, gah D:
in other news, i had my interview for st. george's today. maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, i've flunked so badly. never felt so intimidated. xxxx
Original post by no1floro
Aw! Hopefully they will let you bring the dog haha! I've just done my accommodation form and put King Edward Square as my first choice. I put that I would rather live with matures/post grads in the special requirement section though so hopefully something will get sorted out!

Hi, Teesside University are running an online chat at the moment to answer questions for applicants - this is open until 6pm. registration is here: http://www.tees.ac.uk/sections/whats_on/opendays_details.cfm?event_id=4267
Original post by Thoraximus
I've offers from Portsmouth and Exeter at the moment. I also have an interview for UWE in April too.
Excited!

Awesome :smile: which one is your preference?
Original post by Mel27x
This is my first year of applying and ive had all rejections from all 5 choices, im gutted to be honest too im going through extra at the min in the hope something will come up through clearing. Where have you applied? and whos said what decision? xx

Im so sorry to hear that. is that before or after interviews??
i applied to cantebury n south bank - both rejected me before interview.
Had interview at bangor - jus got rejected today.
Had interview at bham - waiting to hear back from them.
waiting to hear ANYTHING from herts... theyre meant to be my first choice :frown:
Original post by golddust&lipgloss
got an offer from exeter yesterday! it's ABB though, gah D:
in other news, i had my interview for st. george's today. maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, i've flunked so badly. never felt so intimidated. xxxx

Well done on getting your Exeter offer! You think you will firm :smile:?
(also, same with my St, Georges interview... scary!)
Reply 1533
I have just been declined from my local university so it looks like Ill be going to Birmingham. What accommodation are people opting for? I really like opal one but I am worried that there will not be any health care students there.
Reply 1534
Original post by miss-pink09
Im so sorry to hear that. is that before or after interviews??
i applied to cantebury n south bank - both rejected me before interview.
Had interview at bangor - jus got rejected today.
Had interview at bham - waiting to hear back from them.
waiting to hear ANYTHING from herts... theyre meant to be my first choice :frown:

yerp all declined before an interview :\ i was gutted tbh i wish id of been given a shot at at least one of them but nope :frown: hope u hear back from them soon xx
Reply 1535
Original post by J3551CA
I have just been declined from my local university so it looks like Ill be going to Birmingham. What accommodation are people opting for? I really like opal one but I am worried that there will not be any health care students there.

I was looking at Opal 1 but thought it was too expensive and would prefer City South because it's on campus so don't have to travel far to lectures and would be living with other health students. I emailed the accommodation services and it seems Westmount on the City South campus has a bath as well as the 2 showers in each flat and also has an extra toilet so will probably put Westmount as my first choice.
Original post by pieceofcake
Well done on getting your Exeter offer! You think you will firm :smile:?
(also, same with my St, Georges interview... scary!)

ah thankyou. i'm not sure if i should firm, getting an A in biology seems impossible :frown:.
lol, i've flunked st. george's interview. it was terrible. xxx
Original post by exa12
has anyone got offers from city or herts???

i have and i think a few others did, but i got them back in december but i suppose i applied around that time.

im assuming you applied. did you have interviews with either of those uni's?
Reply 1538
hey guys..i have a question, i got an offer from teesside and i firmed it however i havent received anything about the nhs bursariesshould i call the uni or should i just wait?
Reply 1539
Original post by SarahJayne2103
Hiya, I got an unconditional offer last month from Teesside and firmed it :smile: is that where you're planning on going? X

yeah, hopefully if i meet the points i will be going there... have u applied for accommodation yet?...and also i have been reading the reviews of the city and they all seem to be negative, what's your take on that?

Latest