The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cadderz5
hey, i am applying to worcester university to do pre-hospital unscheduled and emergency care. i have a selection day tomorrow and i just wondered if anyone has any advice?
i am currently studying my A levels, psychology, sociology and english language. i do not have a GCSE in maths, will this be a problem? i do have a functional skills qualification though. i have been a member of st John ambulance for 8/9 years now and obtain many hours of duty and have had first hand experiences in emergency care. i do not have much more experience. i have completed my grand prior award and now that i am an adult i teach first aid within my division, also i help the brownies and other organisations to pass their first aid badges. so basically just wondering if you can give me a heads up on what to say, whats going to happen? thank you.

In most cases, functional skills level 2 is an acceptable alternative, currently the most preferred. Saying this, not all Uni's except alternatives. However the qualifications will have been reviewed prior to offering you an interview, therefore I would say you'll be ok. You could always ring admissions to check! Good Luck :smile:
Original post by Standby250
Super happy! Second year appyling, and after 5 interviews and months of waiting and nail biting, I'm on two waiting lists (Greenwich Avery Hill and St Georges), have one application pending after interview (Hertfordshire) and two offers (Greenwich Medway and Portsmouth).

Looks like this is finally happening! Hang in there you guys who are still waiting - keep trying, and you'll get there! I've been on the waiting list for Medway for a while now, and finally got the good news today - so all is not lost for those still on waiting lists.

:smile:

Good Luck!

Original post by Briony09110
Well, had my rejection from LJM tonight...its the end of the road for me this year :frown: Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Sorry to hear but don't give up! :smile:
Reply 3043
Original post by Standby250
Super happy! Second year appyling, and after 5 interviews and months of waiting and nail biting, I'm on two waiting lists (Greenwich Avery Hill and St Georges), have one application pending after interview (Hertfordshire) and two offers (Greenwich Medway and Portsmouth).

Looks like this is finally happening! Hang in there you guys who are still waiting - keep trying, and you'll get there! I've been on the waiting list for Medway for a while now, and finally got the good news today - so all is not lost for those still on waiting lists.

:smile:

Do u know which uni ur likely to choose. I'm going portsmouth
Reply 3044
Got rejected from UClan last night! :frown: Rang up this morning for feedback and I got a score of 20 out of 24! They said they had stronger candidates and recommend I apply again next year! Just so competitive! Well I've just tried Bournemouth through ucas extra and they said they will get back to me before the 10th May! Come on BCU don't let me down!
Reply 3045
Just Been told ive a letter from Swansea waiting on me, gonna wait untill i get home to open it if i can wait that long! Anyone else got one!?
Original post by Deedee11
Just Been told ive a letter from Swansea waiting on me, gonna wait untill i get home to open it if i can wait that long! Anyone else got one!?

ahhh! good luck! i havent had anything yet hopefully hear tomorrow :smile:
Reply 3047
Fingers crossed for all. I have crap post service so will have to wait till the evening.
Reply 3048
Original post by f0rbesy
Got rejected from UClan last night! :frown: Rang up this morning for feedback and I got a score of 20 out of 24! They said they had stronger candidates and recommend I apply again next year! Just so competitive! Well I've just tried Bournemouth through ucas extra and they said they will get back to me before the 10th May! Come on BCU don't let me down!

Sorry to hear about your rejection. I also got one last night and I am just wondering who you rang to get feedback from? thanks
Original post by ashley24
Do u know which uni ur likely to choose. I'm going portsmouth

Probably Medway - I've heard good things about them, plus it's an BSc Hons, and a funded place.

I'll probably decline Portsmouth soon - I have to wait until Hertfordshire get back to me though, because I can't make any changes to UCAS until everyone's come back to me.

Good luck on your course though! Portsmouth's a nice area.

Thanks!
Reply 3050
Original post by Dan9878
Fingers crossed for all. I have crap post service so will have to wait till the evening.

Good luck too! My letter is apparently a small "one sheet", so im guessing its a no no for me, ill let you know tho!
Reply 3051
Arrived home and nothing :frown:
Reply 3052
Original post by Dan9878
Arrived home and nothing :frown:

You will def hear tomorrow id say, im suprised because im in N Ireland so i thought it would be longer to get to me, lets hope the rejections didnt get sent first ahhhh lol
Reply 3053
You will def hear tomorrow id say, im suprised because im in N Ireland so i thought it would be longer to get to me, lets hope the rejections didnt get sent first ahhhh lol

Have you opened your letter?
Reply 3054
Original post by Dan9878

Not yet my housemate said there is one with a swansea stamp on it tho im in work untill five and want to open it myself
Good luck too! My letter is apparently a small "one sheet", so im guessing its a no no for me, ill let you know tho!

Offer letters are one sheet saying you have an offer of a provisional place and a slip to send back to accept or decline. So might not be bad news.
Reply 3056
Deeded you're keeping us in suspense!
Reply 3057
Original post by Dan9878

Could be good news for you, i didnt get in :-( Gutted, hopefully BCU will have a better outcome for me! Good luck!
Could be good news for you, i didnt get in :-( Gutted, hopefully BCU will have a better outcome for me! Good luck!

:frown: Will you apply next year if BCU doesn't happen?
Reply 3059

Unlucky, good luck with BCU.

Latest