The Student Room Group

Why don't women lift?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Ronove
:lolwut: Why would I be mad? Don't start making yourself look like an idiot by trolling.

Girls aren't bitter about being skinny fat, they generally think that's the ideal. They don't lift because the idea to do so would never occur to them. It's not something they just can't be bothered to do.

They think it's the ideal because they can jump on a treadmill and be like "tee hee I'm hitting the gym and getting fit", not because they look good after their regime. Hence why alot of them continue to moan about their own figure, and why their react all defensive and bitchy when they see a woman is lean and athletic and looks amazing.

Girls just go too far with dieting and cardio, end of.

Original post by rlw31
OP started lifting weights a few months ago and now thinks that he knows everything about it. He's also of the opinion that girls who don't like 'big' guys probably think that way as they're insecure and that girls who don't want to look like the pictures in the op must be jealous, bitter etc :rolleyes:

All of these things are true and your need to post this is strong proof of it. Please go.
Original post by Dark Horse
They think it's the ideal because they can jump on a treadmill and be like "tee hee I'm hitting the gym and getting fit", not because they look good after their regime. Hence why alot of them continue to moan about their own figure, and why their react all defensive and bitchy when they see a woman is lean and athletic and looks amazing.

Girls just go too far with dieting and cardio, end of. .

If girls genuinely thought the pictures you posted were their ideal, then they'd work out accordingly. Just like men do.

If not, then you're suggesting that girls know their ideal requires weightlifting but the entire female population (bar a few) is just too inherently lazy to bother?
Reply 122

All of these things are true and your need to post this is strong proof of it. Please go.

And there we have, Dark Horse thinks he knows everything about lifting :rolleyes:
Reply 123

Girls just go too far with dieting and cardio, end of.

No, they only jump on the treadmill because they think that's how they get to look how they want. They continue to moan about their figure because they either only do a token trip to the gym every now and then and their diet is a load of **** or because it's not cool to be happy with your figure around other women who aren't happy with theirs.
Seriously, why don't they?

It seems to me that they're always banging on about "losing weight", even when they're underweight. Why do we keep hearing stories about young girls with eating disorders or reading idiotic facebook statuses about "feeling guilty" after eating a chocolate bar, even though their body was probably heavily catabolic and borderline Auschwitz-mode.

And why do they think that "losing weight" automatically means "look good". Why do they always talk about dress sizes and other irrelevant numbers instead of getting under a ****ing bar and squatting. Have most women ever seen pictures of a woman who lifts?

jodie-minear-11.jpg
zane-end-post-Copy.jpg
zane-end-post-Copy-Copy.jpg
zane-end-post-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy.jpg

Notice that she doesn't have deeply cut muscles or much bulk? But she's lean and tight. She looks athletic and sexy. She'd be awesome in bed as well, I'd wager, purely because her lifestyle suggests that she has high energy and squats give the hip-thrust an extra "umph". Yes, my friend.

What are the so-called alternative girls are going for? Well they either diet themselves to this size and cover a flabby physique with flattering clothes or they just sit around declaring weights "not for them" whilst paradoxically wishing they had a physique like the woman in the attachment pictures.

And don't get me started on crash diets (special k lulz). Anyone who still gets sucked in by them after they seen what happened the first time clearlyneeds help. :rolleyes:

im a girl and i lift, too much cardio burns muscle instead of fat anyway
Seriously, why don't they?

It seems to me that they're always banging on about "losing weight", even when they're underweight. Why do we keep hearing stories about young girls with eating disorders or reading idiotic facebook statuses about "feeling guilty" after eating a chocolate bar, even though their body was probably heavily catabolic and borderline Auschwitz-mode.

And why do they think that "losing weight" automatically means "look good". Why do they always talk about dress sizes and other irrelevant numbers instead of getting under a ****ing bar and squatting. Have most women ever seen pictures of a woman who lifts?

jodie-minear-11.jpg
zane-end-post-Copy.jpg
zane-end-post-Copy-Copy.jpg
zane-end-post-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy.jpg

Notice that she doesn't have deeply cut muscles or much bulk? But she's lean and tight. She looks athletic and sexy. She'd be awesome in bed as well, I'd wager, purely because her lifestyle suggests that she has high energy and squats give the hip-thrust an extra "umph". Yes, my friend.

What are the so-called alternative girls are going for? Well they either diet themselves to this size and cover a flabby physique with flattering clothes or they just sit around declaring weights "not for them" whilst paradoxically wishing they had a physique like the woman in the attachment pictures.

And don't get me started on crash diets (special k lulz). Anyone who still gets sucked in by them after they seen what happened the first time clearlyneeds help. :rolleyes:

I'm just glad I am not corrupted by the media, a little bit like what you seem to be, and I don't need to 'lift'...

And "She'd be awesome in bed as well, I'd wager, purely because her lifestyle suggests that she has high energy and squats give the hip-thrust an extra "umph". Yes, my friend. " is a pure opinion 'friend'. I think you will find scientists have said that women with a bit more 'flab', as you put it, around certain areas is more sexually attractive to the general male population as in terms of reproduction, and more likely to have long relationships with.
Reply 126
Original post by Arturo Bandini
If girls genuinely thought the pictures you posted were their ideal, then they'd work out accordingly. Just like men do.

If not, then you're suggesting that girls know their ideal requires weightlifting but the entire female population (bar a few) is just too inherently lazy to bother?

There's too few lean women out there to role model. The pics posted in this thread are gifts to them. Gifts of inspiration. :wink:

Original post by rlw31
And there we have, Dark Horse thinks he knows everything about lifting :rolleyes:

This flattery will get you nowhere.

Original post by Sparkie3222
I'm just glad I am not corrupted by the media, a little bit like what you seem to be, and I don't need to 'lift'...

And "She'd be awesome in bed as well, I'd wager, purely because her lifestyle suggests that she has high energy and squats give the hip-thrust an extra "umph". Yes, my friend. " is a pure opinion 'friend'. I think you will find scientists have said that women with a bit more 'flab', as you put it, around certain areas is more sexually attractive to the general male population as in terms of reproduction, and more likely to have long relationships with.

More fat = sexier? Bile like this has to come out to preserve the self-esteem of a predominantly overweight and unhealthy nation. But things can only get worse if this kind of rationale is in circulation.
Reply 127
Skinny fat isn't feminine, imo.

She might not be the best example, because she seems to be an actual female bodybuilder, but I believe there is another category called "Women's Figure" where they can keep their feminine physique but still compete.
But the point is: lifting is pretty much the best way to get lean. And women somehow think starvation is.

Just puttin it out there but that is photoshopped.

Look at the bakini straps.
Reply 128
Original post by Jeester
Just puttin it out there but that is photoshopped.

Look at the bakini straps.

Interesting contribution, my friend. :smile:
More fat = sexier? Bile like this has to come out to preserve the self-esteem of a predominantly overweight and unhealthy nation. But things can only get worse if this kind of rationale is in circulation.

See, you have interpreted me saying a little shape as 'fat'. I believe that you need to look at your own views on what is sexy and what is a 'real' women etc.

I don't mean to be rude, but you seem to be a very assuming person. I believe that people shouldn't let themselves become overweight, but by no means should they have to turn out like those women in the pictures you posted on your first comment...

You may think that women don't look sexy when they are throwing up after every meal, but at the end of the day over-exercising is a very similar problem.
There's too few lean women out there to role model. The pics posted in this thread are gifts to them. Gifts of inspiration. :wink:.

I think you might be confusing the opinion of you/misc/fitness forums with that of the majority.
See, you have interpreted me saying a little shape as 'fat'. I believe that you need to look at your own views on what is sexy and what is a 'real' women etc.

I don't mean to be rude, but you seem to be a very assuming person. I believe that people shouldn't let themselves become overweight, but by no means should they have to turn out like those women in the pictures you posted on your first comment...

You may think that women don't look sexy when they are throwing up after every meal, but at the end of the day over-exercising is a very similar problem.

You seem to be very assuming yourself. Ok you don't want to look like the woman in the first picture fair enough. However you shouldn't be judging people just because some women decide to lift and have a bit of muscle. Plus just because a woman lifts does not mean that they are overexercising and if you think 30min - 1hr 3 to 4 times a week is overexercising then no wonder your skinny fat.
Reply 132
Another enjoyable thread. Thank you TSR.

But definitely better to have a muscular bum and legs while carrying some body fat. Do some weights, do some HIIT and eat healthily and you will look great....no extreme dieting like the ladies in the pics.

Anyway I'm off to the gym to scare females away from the weights section.
Original post by McHumpy92
Another enjoyable thread. Thank you TSR.

But definitely better to have a muscular bum and legs while carrying some body fat. Do some weights, do some HIIT and eat healthily and you will look great....no extreme dieting like the ladies in the pics.

Anyway I'm off to the gym to scare females away from the weights section.

But you don't need to diet extremely to look like that. Watching what you eat and lifting weights is all you need.

And stop scaring the ladies from the weights section!!!!!!! lol
Reply 134

None of your posts are sensible or true, and it's making my day worse just having to read them.

Original post by Arturo Bandini
I think you might be confusing the opinion of you/misc/fitness forums with that of the majority.

The only one who is confused is you, my friend.
Original post by BKS
Gym culture. At least in my gym hardly any women go into the areas where there are weights over 10kg DBs. Even the DBs the women rarely touch the bottom half of the rack. Rooms full of big sweaty men who perv on them can't be appealing. While every other woman is on the treadmill so that must be the place to be. So education and guys not being pervs, which is again education

Hit the nail on the head for me!
Interesting contribution, my friend. :smile:

Girls don't want to look like the women in the OP but that doesn't mean that not wanting to look like that means wanting to look 'skinny fat' as if those are the only two types of bodies a woman can have. It's as ridiculous as suggesting because a guy doesn't want to look like a bodybuilder, that he'd rather look like a skinny runt - there are different levels of muscle definition and fitness and a girl shouldn't be disparaged for preferring to want definition on a lower scale, say like Jennifer Lopez instead of looking like the women you posted. You would've made a better point if you posted a body like that (which still requires lifting) to prove your point that women shouldn't shy away from weights if they want to look hot.
Reply 137
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo

this person would have a grossly manly physique if it wasn't for her fake breasts...
Reply 138
Original post by Chrisateen
But you don't need to diet extremely to look like that. Watching what you eat and lifting weights is all you need.

And stop scaring the ladies from the weights section!!!!!!! lol

I'm talking more about the very ripped bikini pics that was posted, that is a lot if Carb and calorie restriction there....you have to do something extreme to look like that because the body sure as hell doesn't want to go that low bodyfat.

I still haven't gone the gym yet because I keep getting boners, I'm going to be a right perv today....will probably snarl and growl at ladies in the gym while looking at their bums.
i like a lady with fat on her bones, you bang a skinny chick and you get bruises from their bones

now the reason women do this stuff... because they dont want to excercise, no one does, not really...

eat all you want but run it off... people these days are too lazy, hell im too lazy! but its all changing soon, even so exercise is boring and people dont want to sweat infront of other people

Quick Reply

Latest