Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
how do i post anonymous?
edited
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by elia
Ate a grape in Tesco without buying them #badass

This. I frequently sample the grapes before purchasing, then forget to purchase. They are just too damn tempting, lying there looking luscious.
actually I used to be a right little shoplifter when I was a kid (bout aged 9-11), but it's not exactly something I'm proud of.

I stole...erm....geez I dunno loads of things. Some puppy in my pockets, sweets, a mermaid necklace, a mermaid keyring, a little jewellery box (actually I felt really guilty after the jewellery box one, so I left it on a street corner - was on holiday in Spain at the time), and probably a ton more stuff that I can't remember.

Never did it on my own though. I was always with my friend Marie when we did it. I don't think we were very good influences on each other to be honest.

If my kids do what I did, they'd be in a ton of trouble. Hypocrite that I am. Well you grow up don't you, as does everybody. My mother would have crucified me if she had known!
Reply 44
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
My mother would have crucified me if she had known!

Presumably she doesn't know then since you're still around/? :smile:
When I was around a year old, my mum was getting me out of my pushchair and found that I had stolen a plug adapter from Superdrug; Apparently I was always grabbing stuff in those baskets at the ends on isles. Whoops.
Original post by The Entity
anyone got any shoplifting stories?

ever done it, if so, what?

You didn't get negged for answering a question, you got negged for being a thief.

Thought that would be fairly obvious.
Reply 47
Original post by JCC-MGS
I remember being about 8 or 9 walking out of Wilkos once with a pack of crisps in my hand which weren't paid for and the sirens didn't go off, I just noticed when I got out. My mum was gassed cause we just got a free packet of crisps, she wasn't so pleased when I marched back in and told them that they forgot to scan them and made her cough up the 50p

Gangsta 4 life

:lol:
Original post by mangoh
don't know if this counts but I used to unpick the chewing gum under my desk

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

That's just disgusting
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
actually I used to be a right little shoplifter when I was a kid (bout aged 9-11), but it's not exactly something I'm proud of.
I stole...erm....geez I dunno loads of things. Some puppy in my pockets, sweets, a mermaid necklace, a mermaid keyring, a little jewellery box

:lolwut:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Herr
Presumably she doesn't know then since you're still around/? :smile:

quite so lol

Original post by carl_senior
:lolwut:

You've never heard of Puppy in my Pocket? :s-smilie:

and why did you change what I typed when you quoted me? You deleted the "s" from the end of "puppy in my pockets". I didn't steal a dog in my pocket. I stole some puppy in my pockets, as I said!
(edited 11 years ago)
I was a pain in the arse when I was younger:

Stole packs of sweets from Sainsbury's
Sweets/Crisps/Drinks from the local corner shop -that knew my Mum which was incredibly stupid
Nicked makeup from Superdrug- all the expensive mascaras/eyeshadows/lipglosses
Stole hair clips from the market stalls
Stole anything not tied down in Woolies
Stole jewellery in River Island because at the time I thought they were a rip off
Stole clothes by tricking the shop assistants
Stole hair clips in Primark

Basically I was a little bitch and wanted to see how far I could push it before getting caught. I even walked around wearing sunglasses of theirs or hair bands with the tags ripped off greeting security and they didnt even notice. That was a long time ago and I wouldn't do it anymore. These days I am much more honest, though in Wilkos I left their shop and the poor new guy hadn't scanned all the items. I paid on my card without even noting the price and didn't realise til I got home with £50 worth of items free. That guy probably got it in the neck. :redface:

Shop lifting is lame but when you're young and stupid and bored it's the most exciting thing you can do bar having sex or fancying boy bands- but I was fat, ugly, spotty and undesirable for that back then. :sad:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ELs123
Saw a PC world delivery truck unattended last year. Living only 20 mins away by bus It would look normal for me to leave the area with a box with a tv in it or something.

So I run up to the truck, the driver is near the cab smoking, but the back is left open ??. I dont look at what I grab, just pick up a smallish box that I can run with, sprint off. Manage to get to the tram stop and hop on the tram (it goes in the opposite direction to home but I am not bothered at this point.)

I get off one stop later and realise I have picked up a macbook!! So I get off at the next stop and chuck it in the bin.

This all happened when I was 16 though, If I realised I stole a macbook now I would rather hand myself in than be caught running around with a mac.

Why would you chuck a macbook in the bin instead of using it?
Original post by briesandwich
I haven't but when I was younger I went to the shops with my Mum and my brother who was around 1 year old at the time. When we got back home my Mum changed my brothers nappy to find he had grabbed a load of chocolate bars and shoved them in there. :lolwut: We had no idea he did it!

wow, what a LAD
Reply 54
i dont really understand why you people are proud of shoplifting
Reply 55
I was a privileged kid, private school, well-off parents, etc. I day-boarded at our rather posh girls' school. Surprisingly, given the fact they had no shortage, quite a few of the girls there engaged in intermittent bouts of "lifting", esp. in posh clothes shops using the Distraction Method. I never quite summoned up the courage to join in but I don't think anyone was caught, the shop staff identified them as "nice girls" and not the sort to have to monitor closely. I think one or two expert lifters got away with quite a bit. Don't really know why they did it, other than for the thrill or something.
I remember being in woolworths with my best mate when we were 12.

He was buying a pic n mix and wee pack of chewing gum.

I said to him, if you put the chewing gum inside the pic n mix bag the weight of it will bump up the price of the pic n mi by just a few pence, but you'll save like 40p.

He did it and wasn't caught. #YOLO
Reply 57
2 bags of popcorn from thorpe park
Reply 58
me an the boys are planning the next job friday afternoon
Original post by tsveta
i dont really understand why you people are proud of shoplifting

I haven't stolen a thing in my life(Other than cakes/bacon butties every day from the old school refectory) but I can understand why people would be proud of getting free stuff and not getting caught.

It's obviously wrong, but at the end of the day, do most people pay for stuff because it's wrong, or because they don't want to get caught?

mind = blown

Quick Reply

Latest