The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
The deposit is refundable if you request it by September 1st.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2301
Again rising the topic of not being given LSE accommodation (though I submitted my request on the first days... they say it is a lottery...)

Those who are in the same situation - please share your plans=) Or anybody in theme share your knowledge where such "unfortunates" gather? Where can I find partners to rent together?

I am an MPA student (going to be=)..
Reply 2302
They said they couldn't give me hall accommodation either! (Also despite the case I applied super early... hummmph)

What to do? Suggestions?
Anyone know any details about the deposit? Is it something that we're meant to eventually get back? Or is it something that they'll just take off the price of our first term's rent?
...Am I the only person going to nutford house?

Original post by lili57
I've only just filled in my accomodation request today ( june 4th!!!!). I'm aware the deadline was Friday but I was seriously thinking about taking a year off but it's not worked out.
Does anybody know where I stand? Do I still have a chance??

They said at the offer holder day you should still apply, even if over the deadline. You should still have a good chance :smile:
edit- does anyone know how/when we get our deposits back of we dont manage to get in to LSE?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2306
This whole accomadation process seems so certain when its touch and go on whether or not ill get the grades. Im hoping being a home student will stand me in good stead if i marginally miss out, dont know why.
Reply 2307
Original post by theserene
...Am I the only person going to nutford house?

They said at the offer holder day you should still apply, even if over the deadline. You should still have a good chance :smile:

Thank you, you have made me feel better. I've been really worried.
Original post by Istanbul.
Anyone know any details about the deposit? Is it something that we're meant to eventually get back? Or is it something that they'll just take off the price of our first term's rent?

This year they just deducted the deposit from your overall rent, so chances are the same will happen next year.
Original post by marigo
Again rising the topic of not being given LSE accommodation (though I submitted my request on the first days... they say it is a lottery...)

Those who are in the same situation - please share your plans=) Or anybody in theme share your knowledge where such "unfortunates" gather? Where can I find partners to rent together?

I am an MPA student (going to be=)..

I'm in exactly the same situation. I also applied on the first days after Hallpad opened and didn't get an offer. I'm currently looking into private halls, using the link on the LSE accom. website, which is helpful, by the way. The accom. office said that traffic picks up especially during the summer months of July and August.
If you're looking to share a room (or even if you're not) chances are you'll find the facebook group for LSE postgraduate students. There are dozens of people exchanging information about houses.
Here's a link https://www.facebook.com/groups/127797960671511/
I have been offered a single at Passfield but I really wanted Rosebery and still do...please please please is there anyone out there who has a single at Rosebery who is willing to swap???
Reply 2311
Original post by helen-2012
I'm in exactly the same situation. I also applied on the first days after Hallpad opened and didn't get an offer. I'm currently looking into private halls, using the link on the LSE accom. website, which is helpful, by the way. The accom. office said that traffic picks up especially during the summer months of July and August.
If you're looking to share a room (or even if you're not) chances are you'll find the facebook group for LSE postgraduate students. There are dozens of people exchanging information about houses.

Thanks that is really helpful! Think I might apply for private halls so I can still meet lots of people :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2312
Original post by helen-2012

Thanks helen-2012!=)

As I am familiarizing more with this theme, I see two general choices (I do not consider renting private acc. alone):
1) look for someone to rent private halls right away
2) book temporary accommodation (my pre-session starts on 7 Sept) and look around when I come to London

So, here goes another question-flood:
1) What do you think, is it worth booking a temporary place (are you doing so)?
2) Shall I anyway look for a partner to rent with (e.g. have a preliminary talk, then meet in London, see each other and the place etc...)
3) Will it be possible to find a place in London in September? (as I got it LSE advises not to book before seeing the place...)
4) Finally, have you ever heard, how long temporary places are available (I mean not booked by others)? Is there a reason to hurry with booking?
Reply 2313
Hey, I just got an offer for a shared room at Passfield Hall, not my first choice for a room but oh well. My only problem is if the room is shared between 2 or 3 people, how would you know? Also would they specify the room was an en-suite or would it just say it's a shared room?

Chose bankside, love bankside, but after my econ exam today doubt I will be going.....
Reply 2315
Hi! I just got an offer for Bankside shared ensuite. im not sure about the exact price but it should be 119.6-132.9 ppw. anyone with a single room willing to swap?? shared room in high holborn or northumberland is ok too.
Please pm or reply if interested as soon as possible.
thank you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2316
Original post by neemee
Hey, I just got an offer for a shared room at Passfield Hall, not my first choice for a room but oh well. My only problem is if the room is shared between 2 or 3 people, how would you know? Also would they specify the room was an en-suite or would it just say it's a shared room?

I've been offered a shared room at Passfield as well :smile: I've been wondering the same thing so would be really grateful if someone replied...

also, does anyone know when we find out how much our accommodation will cost?
Reply 2317
Original post by LRE24
I have been offered a single at Passfield but I really wanted Rosebery and still do...please please please is there anyone out there who has a single at Rosebery who is willing to swap???

LRE24, I've got an offer from Roseberry but I don't really mind switching as I've never been in London and don't have a strong preference anyway. I am still not sure whether I want to accept the offer or rent private acomodation though. You can contact me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vasishev
Original post by jessy_al
Hi! I just got an offer for Bankside shared ensuite. im not sure about the exact price but it should be 119.6-132.9 ppw. anyone with a single room willing to swap?? shared room in high holborn or northumberland is ok too.
Please pm or reply if interested as soon as possible.
thank you.

It won't be that price. This year my shared bathroom was 149 pw. And the prices are going up next year, so it will be about 179-190 pw for a shared bathroom at bankside.

Original post by Trixy.Sam
It won't be that price. This year my shared bathroom was 149 pw. And the prices are going up next year, so it will be about 179-190 pw for a shared bathroom at bankside.

I think she has a shared room not shared bathroom! But how did you find Bankside anyway?

Latest

Trending

Trending