De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DeMontfort University Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Jellyboo
meeeeeeee :smile:

Awesome ! By the way is that yes to both ?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 481
Fashion Buying with Design, staying in Newarke point block D
Reply 482
Original post by Akanns
who is is going to the Art, Design and Humanities Summer School on Tuesday 10 July??

Hey :smile:

I applied for that but didn't get a place, I applied pretty late though :frown:
Anyone in Block 7? :biggrin:
Reply 484
I'm in block E :smile:
Reply 485
Original post by s.murphy
Hey :smile:

I applied for that but didn't get a place, I applied pretty late though :frown:

im no longer going, dw hopefully we will be students in September! what course are you planning to study?
Reply 486
I am planning on studying Fine Art :smile:

What about you?
Reply 487
Hello :smile:

I'm doing Creative writing and English and I've got a provisional booking for Victoria Halls -VH-D-12-5.
Anyone else booked with VH because I'm kind of stuck! :smile:

Anyone else in block D of Victoria halls by any chance?
Original post by x.sarahhh.x
Mental Health nursing :smile:

Accomodation - WG-SG-13-1

anyone feel free to add me on facebook

facebook.com/sarahhhhxx

:smile:

i'm in WG-SG-13-6, so we're either roomates or neigbours! so glad i've found someone as i've only just got my room and haven't found many people with the same(ish) code! :smile:
Reply 489
Original post by ChardonnayB
Hey guys i'm a first year student at DMU so if any of you have any questions feel free to ask.x

do you know anything about changing or combining your course before you get to uni ... or once you get there ??
Thanks
Original post by Lychelle
do you know anything about changing or combining your course before you get to uni ... or once you get there ??
Thanks

Hi, it' relatively easy to change courses at DMU as long as you have the required grades to go onto your new course. There is a careers officer that can tell you what steps to take to change courses. I have just completed one year of a degree at DMU and am changing to a different course in September, I had lots of support in making this decision and lots of help. I'm not too sure about combining courses but I guess the process is relatively similar. The quicker you decide to change courses the easier it is really so make sure you don't wait too long to make this decision as it will be harder to move. x
Reply 491
Computer Science, had an offer and got the way above the target grades. Roll on 24th Sept 2012 :smile:
I am an international student and I received the CRB check form in the mail. I applied to the pharmacy program. It says you need to send original documents along with photocopies .. how do we get out original documents back though? cause im planning on sending my passport and really important documents. I dont think its really safe to send orginals by mail. please help !!!
Reply 493
Original post by sweetsmiley
I am an international student and I received the CRB check form in the mail. I applied to the pharmacy program. It says you need to send original documents along with photocopies .. how do we get out original documents back though? cause im planning on sending my passport and really important documents. I dont think its really safe to send orginals by mail. please help !!!

Do you have recorded or registered post? Look into it and use that as it will record and keep an eye on where it is. Also make sure to photocopy all of the documents before you send them so you have them in the (hopefully!) unlikely circumstances they are misplaced.
Original post by nymaeria
Do you have recorded or registered post? Look into it and use that as it will record and keep an eye on where it is. Also make sure to photocopy all of the documents before you send them so you have them in the (hopefully!) unlikely circumstances they are misplaced.

Thank you. Do you know of anyone who had to do this? So I mail my original documents to DMU in order for them to confirm my identity.. and then they mail the documents back to me?
This is so risky though because if your passport gets lost, then you can't even go to the UK since im an international student. I am really surprised they want us to undergo this risk.
Reply 495
Original post by sweetsmiley
Thank you. Do you know of anyone who had to do this? So I mail my original documents to DMU in order for them to confirm my identity.. and then they mail the documents back to me?
This is so risky though because if your passport gets lost, then you can't even go to the UK since im an international student. I am really surprised they want us to undergo this risk.

I don't know anyone who has had to, sorry :frown:
You could always email DMU and see what their recommendation is? It must be a somewhat common occurrence having to exchange documents with international students so I'm sure they will be able to help better than I can!
Reply 496
Hi Everybody!
I really really would like to know can I change university choices at this moment in time or will I have to wait for clearing in August?

I have DMU as my firm for LLB with Criminal Justice. I did a BTEC National Diploma in Sport and Exercise Sciences and have D*D*D as my overall grade, I have background work experience in the police and have worked in victim support this is what got me through my interview process. However as I don't have to wait for results day can I make last minute changes, I really want to go to Birmingham city university instead and do LLB law with criminology rather then DMU.

How do I go about it?
Do I decline my firm offer? and reapply?
Or should I just stick with DMU?

Please Please Help

Thankyou very muchly x
Reply 497
Hi Eshii,

I have done a quick search for you and found this; http://www.ucas.com/students/offers/faqs/makingchanges/faq3

It appears that it is too late to change Universities but you could always phone DMU and Birmingham City Uni and enquire? It doesn't hurt to ask.
Reply 498
Original post by Lychelle
i just applied to filbert got it dead cheap cuz i applied trough the website not the uni :biggrin: !!! got an en suite room for £89 a week !! :biggrin:

I'm at filbert village too :biggrin: FI-A-21-4 can't believe you got it so cheap!
What block are you in?
Firmed English and creative writing :smile:
Reply 499
Original post by franki..
I'm at filbert village too :biggrin: FI-A-21-4 can't believe you got it so cheap!
What block are you in?
Firmed English and creative writing :smile:

Yea i know i couldn't believe it myself !
Im in FI- E-104-4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending