The Student Room Group

Would smoking weed at night during exam period have an affect on my A-Level grade?

I'm smoke weed regularly throughout the week, but i don't think it seems to affect my knowledge or anything. I function fine, got an A* in my bio mock last week being high the day before. Had a zoot this morning and got an A* in my math past paper earlier today.

But my friends are saying i'm ****ing up by smoking weed. I think they're just chatting **** tbh. But what do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

Maybe you didn't even have a biology mock last week. If that turns out to be the case you should probably stop.
Reply 2
Over the long term it will affect you, in the short term you'll probably be fine.
Reply 3
Yeah it will... your grades will be high! :bandit:
Carry on dude, doesnt seem to be affecting you and you could do with it to take the edge off your exams. But careful with that stuff, my mate needs it to smoke one every night just to get some shut-eye, also in the long-term it may start to change you so that if you do A-levels you may well have a problem on your hands.
Reply 5
Original post by ItsDatGuy
I'm smoke weed regularly throughout the week, but i don't think it seems to affect my knowledge or anything. I function fine, got an A* in my bio mock last week being high the day before. Had a zoot this morning and got an A* in my math past paper earlier today.

But my friends are saying i'm ****ing up by smoking weed. I think they're just chatting **** tbh. But what do you guys think?

In passing, probably fine.. wouldn't do it every night though.

What will affect your a-level grades is good english...

it should be EFFECT, not AFFECT in the title!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by hplj

Actually, you just miscorrected a pothead.
Original post by Try Rekorderlig

No, the correction was right. It's "have an effect on"...
Original post by manchesterunited15

That is true, but our OP did not put 'have an effect'. He put 'but I dont think it seems to affect'.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=alcohol+doesnt+seem+to+affect+me&oq=alcohol+doesnt+seem+to+affect+me&sugexp=chrome,mod=6&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&tbo=d&spell=1&q=alcohol+doesn%27t+seem+to+affect+me&sa=X&ei=VP3UUNnlG8TH0QXKrIHoDA&ved=0CDIQvwUoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.d2k&fp=a5d91bad1ac8234a&bpcl=40096503&biw=1241&bih=606

If you type that into google it does not suggest 'alcohol doesnt seem to EFFECT me'.
I know people who smoke daily and get great grades, and those who do it occasionally who get bad grades. Too tricky to tell, it depends how it effects you.
I would personally suggest taking a break over exam periods; it means you have a reward for when exams finish.

"Would smoking weed at night during exam period have an affect on my A-Level grade"

lol @ the standards of A level exams these days
we are all different, do what you want, knock yourself out bro. :groovy:
It wont have any effect on your a level grades no.

maybe long term (talking decades) you may have a lower iq?

either way i wouldnt worry too much
Reply 14
Original post by SillyRodent
Maybe you didn't even have a biology mock last week. If that turns out to be the case you should probably stop.

LOL nah i'm pretty sure i did, i remember my teacher telling me "As much as i hate to say this, you got the highest mark in the class". My teacher doesn't rate my 1 bit
Reply 15

It's possible it wouldn't affect you at all, people are different I guess. But one of the main long term effects of weed seems to be on your memory so I would strongly advise not smoking weed during exams. I know I get really dopey when I smoke [the reason why they call it dope obviously] and wouldn't do it if I had loads of work to do!
Nope you'll have a great night sleep from the weed and wake up feeling fresh just having the best sleep of your life reading to smash that ****. Don't listen to your friends, they sound like typical anti-drugs retards.
Original post by hplj
In passing, probably fine.. wouldn't do it every night though.

Original post by Try Rekorderlig

It has an effect on me.
It affects me.

Affect as a noun, and effect as a verb, are very uncommon:

An affect is an emotional response, e.g. she had a blunt affect to my troubles.
to effect is to make something happen, e.g. the promotion was effected by my hard work.

Simple.

In the title, the OP put "have an affect". Someone corrected it to 'effect', someone else said they were wrong, I disagreed and said "no, the correction was right, it's effect". The title is wrong, the correction was right, it should be "have an effect on".

Original post by The Polymath
It has an effect on me.
It affects me.

Affect as a noun, and effect as a verb, are very uncommon:

An affect is an emotional response, e.g. she had a blunt affect to my troubles.
to effect is to make something happen, e.g. the promotion was effected by my hard work.

Simple.

So I was right..

Indeed. You could say that the argument affecting my affect effected an effect in that I made the answer clear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending