The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vet91
Anyone have an interview at Liverpool on 12th March? It's my only interview - pretty nervous! Anyone got any tips/ idea of what they ask!? I feel the answer to this might already be in this thread somewhere.... but thanks anyway! :smile:

I've got one on that day. What time is your interview? Only tip I have it to stay calm and make sure you look at the interviewers and don't talk too fast. I hat an interview at liv last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3381
Original post by Lizziefickling
I've got one on that day. What time is your interview? Only tip I have it to stay calm and make sure you look at the interviewers and don't talk too fast. I hat an interview at liv last year

Mine is at 4pm, when's yours! How was it last year?
Is anyone still waiting to hear from Surrey? Im guessing its coming to the end of their interviews and I havent heard anything since the questionaire and their my last hope this year:frown:
Have there been any rejections from Bristol post interview yet? Or does everyone get put on hold until March, i.e. those that don't get an offer straight away? Any idea on the amount of offers to people on hold ratio? Hope everyone's applications are going well :-)
Original post by vet91
Mine is at 4pm, when's yours! How was it last year?

12 :smile: it was okay, I was really nervous though so I spoke way too fast and looked around the room haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vethopefully
Is anyone still waiting to hear from Surrey? Im guessing its coming to the end of their interviews and I havent heard anything since the questionaire and their my last hope this year:frown:

I am too, and from Nottingham and Gateway at RVC :closedeyes:
I've already started planning my gap year.
Are there any undergraduates here worried about finances at university? I want to accept RVC, but I'm worried about affording to live in London. I've been doing some number crunching, and I keep ending up with yearly costs very close to the money I'll be loaning from the government and bursaries from the university leaving very little breathing room.

Anyone else done some calculations on this? I think I might be overestimating things :s
Reply 3387
Did anyone who sent their interview reply form back to Liverpool get a receipt?... worried! :confused:
Original post by vet91
Did anyone who sent their interview reply form back to Liverpool get a receipt?... worried! :confused:

I didn't :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vet91

Yes, I received acknowledgement within 2 days. It's not automatic, it was written "by a human" so maybe they could forget to acknowledge all returns?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Willisme1
Are there any undergraduates here worried about finances at university? I want to accept RVC, but I'm worried about affording to live in London. I've been doing some number crunching, and I keep ending up with yearly costs very close to the money I'll be loaning from the government and bursaries from the university leaving very little breathing room.

Anyone else done some calculations on this? I think I might be overestimating things :s

I have an offer, but definitely hoping for another offer as it would be so much more difficult to live in or near London. Even Hatfield and Potters bar are really expensive! But many before us have managed, so don't worry too much - it can be done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview from Bristol 😄😄😄😄😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3392
Just out of curiosity, would anyone here favour a uni quite far away as oppose to one really close? I'm super close to bristol and ages away from Liverpool. X
Original post by ljbrook
Just out of curiosity, would anyone here favour a uni quite far away as oppose to one really close? I'm super close to bristol and ages away from Liverpool. X

I live really close to Liverpool and when I went to the university I really didn't like it as I felt it wasn't different or exciting as I go to Liverpool quite often, so I would definitely favour one further away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3394
Original post by vet91

I didn't :smile: and they still expected me on the day so dont worry, some get a reply and some don't. You can always email them to confirm like I did, but I didnt get a reply from that either haha. Wouldn't worry! :smile:
Anyone going to east midlands parkway via london on the 26th for Nottingham?
Does anyone know if they ask you anything on your WE Questionnaire? :tongue:
Reply 3396
Bristol rejection at last! The first thing I've heard from them since October and they don't even send a proper email, how decent of them :wink:
Reply 3397
Original post by Willisme1

Yeah, I was working this out the other day. My loan won't even cover the cheapest accommodation at RVC, it falls about £1000 short. Same with Cambridge, I'm about £500 short :frown: So I'll either be borrowing it from my dad or taking a gap year...
Does anyone know how long Bristol keep you waiting after the interviews before you hear the outcome? they said two weeks but might it be sooner?
Thank you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ljbrook

Hi, I only live 30mins from Langford and I have to admit I do really like being close to home. Although I only go home maybe once or twice per term it's nice being able to get back without spending half the day driving! It also means my family visit more (and bring food :wink: !)
My sister is at Liverpool and although she loves it she does wish it was easier for her to get home. It's a lot more expensive with petrol and the trains are often a nightmare!! If you want to know anymore about either of them just let me know! And good luck with everyone's applications, it only seems like yesterday that I had my interview! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending