The Student Room Group

Best school trips

what were the best school trips you went on in primary and secondary school mine were:

Primary either Godstone Farm a kind of farm for kids so they can learn about you know animals and things or Bristol Sea life Centre.

Secondary: The WW1 battle fields it was a really cold day so you kind of understand how the soldiers felt and when you see all those graves mind blowing.

What's yours?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Went to watch the Lion King on Thursday with sixth form. It was the most fun I've had in ages. Shame I had to sit next to the most annoying girl in sixth form. She wouldn't shut up all the way through the show.
Reply 2
Primary was far too long ago to remember....

Went skiing in secondary. Quality. Did Battlefields too, good in a different way.
I went to watch a rehearsal of the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra which was good. There happened to be a fair few celebs in the studios that day so that added to the excitement, seeing them randomly walking past!
Reply 4
Primary school was the year 6 trip to Buckinghamshire and we did all sorts of fun activities!
Then sixth form we had a trip to Canary Wharf :biggrin: Loved it.
oh I forgot to add collage or 6th form for 6th form it was hands down the Cardiff open day (only trip we had at Henley) really enjoyed that one.
Original post by jonathanemptage
what were the best school trips you went on in primary and secondary school mine were:

Primary either Godstone Farm a kind of farm for kids so they can learn about you know animals and things or Bristol Sea life Centre.

Secondary: The WW! battle fields it was a really cold day so you kind of understand how the soldiers felt and when you see all those graves mind blowing.

What's yours?

I did thease too it was a really enjoyabel day
Reply 7
All of my primary school trips sucked :frown: haha but in college the best school trip was to Kraków in Poland to just visit the area, the maintained concentration camps and Schindler's factory!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lilyghz
All of my primary school trips sucked :frown: haha but in college the best school trip was to Kraków in Poland to just visit the area, the maintained concentration camps and Schindler's factory!

Posted from TSR Mobile

that must have been a bit harrowing
Reply 9
Original post by jonathanemptage
that must have been a bit harrowing

Yeah well..the historical visits were quite sad to think about but we had loads of fun when we had free time to explore the city centre

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Primary school: the only one I actually remember clearly was when we were taken to see harry potter 2 in first grade - we were all crying from fear!

Secondary school: biology trip to Zante where we went scuba diving, did fieldwork and watched baby turtles hatch and make their way to the sea :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My favouirte school trips were in Y8 and Y11 to France. The first time in Y8 we went to Paris, and also visitied Parc Astérix, and in Y11 we spent a week in Disneyland Paris. Win-win!

My school didn't really do extravagant school trips, but those were fun. We also got to go to a Christmas Pantomime every year, so it had that going for it.

Oh, I also really enjoyed a primary school trip stay in Conway. Walking around the nearby forests was brilliant! We also got to absail, rock climb, and do some ziplining.
(edited 9 years ago)
Primary had to be my residential in Year 5 and 6.
My secondary offered two trips through the whole 2 years to me - one to the Belgium battlefields, only 40/240 got to go which was a bit rubbish, and another to the magistrates court for the Mock Trial competition.
Sixth form - one so far, best trip overall... Adventure International in BUUUDE
Original post by aersh8
Primary school: the only one I actually remember clearly was when we were taken to see harry potter 2 in first grade - we were all crying from fear!

Secondary school: biology trip to Zante where we went scuba diving, did fieldwork and watched baby turtles hatch and make their way to the sea :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Private school? Or just an expensive trip?
Primary school - we went to Eden camp in year 4 I think, because we were doing about the battle of Britain.
In year 5 we had a walk up the local woods in the summer and someone even saw an adder (not me though :frown: ).
We also went to Beamish at one point, but I can't remember what school year it was.

Secondary school - in year 8 we went to Beamish again. The history teachers called all of year 8 into an assembly one day to ask if people wanted to go, and it was an overwhelming "yes".

Sixth form - residential field trip to the Cranedale centre in Yorkshire (Late June 2013). We went there because we were studying ecology as part of our Biology course. The centre (including accommodation) is a converted farm, and we had trips out to various places during our time there. The weather was nice as well while we there there.

Original post by GreenPlum
Primary had to be my residential in Year 5 and 6.

Our primary school had a residential trip every year for the year 6s, but I didn't want to go. I resisted every attempt by teachers to persuade me to go, and I ended up helping out the reception class along with a girl, while everyone else went on the trip.
Reply 15
Original post by RFowler
Private school? Or just an expensive trip?

I live in Greece so it cost less than 150 pounds :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I don't think I went on any substantial trips in primary school? We had our year 6 trip to the Isle of Wight which I guess was pretty special as it was my first time away from home for any length of time.

In secondary school we went to Iceland, which was bordering on life-changing. :colondollar: I loved it, have been planning my return ever since we got back...
Primary school: yr 6 leavers trip to a place called newby hall
Secondary school: yr 11 trip to Sicily
Sixth form: trip to Lourdes in south France, literally the best week of my life!!
A-level physics trip to CERN in Switzerland!

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
primary school had so many good trips!!

we went to paris (including disneyland) in year 6, instead of PGL (anyone remember that?)
also we went to a pantomime every december, the highlight of the winter season was that trip, they took the whole school, and the plays were really good (for a 8-11 year old)

secondary school there weren't as many good trips, we did have a 'trip day' in the summer where the whole school would go out on trips, on year 7 it was the history & science museum up in London (we'd been in year 5 already, so it was quite boring for most of us), year 8 I think it was the museums again since we were suppose to go up to Fishbourne and stare at some mosaic floors as part of out Latin course, but they forgot to book it so we ended up going with the year 7's to London (we were pretty sick of the museums by then), year 9 you got to pick..either go on an adventure course (biking, canoeing..etc) or first aid, I chose first aid. In year 10, that was the best year, there were many options available like, golf, cheese making, board games, chocolate making & more, and I chose chocolate making, it was mainly girls and very selective (so only the top students got to do it because of the high demand), so we went to a factory and learnt how it was made etc.. and then we came back to school and went to the food tech rooms and made ourselves lunch, so flavoured break, wraps, sandwiches, cakes, profiteroles, etc and then ate them together!! it was quite fun to be fair. In year 11 we didn't get that because of GCSE's and we'd be on holidays by the time the 'trip day' rolled around. In year 11 we did however go up to london to see the natural history museum (yet again) and the V&A for our Art trip, and it was one of the best/worst trips i'd be on. We went to see Wicked at the Apollo theatre, which was amazing but the art gallerys and everything else was so dull, and we also went to covent gardens which was okay, I was with some girls who didn't want to do anything but eat!! so we couldn't really go into any of the shops or anything lmao.

The only trips i've been on so far in 6th form are ones to some universities for Biology and Economics for some lectures.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending